Author Topic: GI-Joe Retaliation wave 3 Dark Ninja Review  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
GI-Joe Retaliation wave 3 Dark Ninja Review
« on: February 16, 2013, 01:35:58 PM »
Another of the more popular figures from this wave, at least as far as I can tell from my sales, is the Dark Ninja

Judging by all of the ninja figure releases thus far and to come, this movie must be chock full of em.

I didnt get a close look to tell if he was partially a repaint but i would imagine so, at least in part.
Articulation wise, he is excellent and features all the considerable arty natures of the rest of the ninja releases including double jointed knees and wrists. I apologize for not checking in time before my last one of two shipped out yesterday to see if he had normal double jointed ankles or the extra special rocker kind. I'm hoping Chad can help me with that determination.

Lets look at his pack-ins
two ninja swords with obligatory storage backpack
two hand mounted wolverine-esk battle blade devices
two fore arm mounted blade weapon devices, the name of which I do not know as of yet
and the glider pack which has a mounting peg for the back hole, and retracts to the wing down position to snap to attention at the touch of a button. the spread of the "wings" is contained by two leg rings at the bottom with two handles at the top. Not like the wonky zipline affairs that some of the other figures seem to over use, this pack-in is fairly cool and certainly would warrant display with the figure and would add great play value in a real looking sort of way.

I believe that thus far, this is my favorite ninja of the bunch although the two from the ninja dojo and showdown 3-packs are pretty cool.
If you are building a collection of joe ninjas, this is one you can't miss.

Up next, I will do the battle kata Roadblock, I believe. as I am still waiting for the return of a Joe Colton figure. "the mailman squished his card by stuffing his container into the buyer's mail box that it wouldn't fit into rather than taking the effort to walk it to the door" That's right, usps, you were called out this time. LOL

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: GI-Joe Retaliation wave 3 Dark Ninja Review
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 07:04:37 PM »
Well I can see there will be another review on the front page tomorrow.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 06:40:42 AM »
Done. I will try to work on some buttons for the front page for all of these soon too Clint. You are keeping our Hasbro review area in business. Its not like I have seen anything new to even pick up. Thanks for doing these.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 07:41:39 AM »
you are welcome, buddy. I will do another tonight. I would do a star wars one, that is, if there was something new for me to review that I wanted to buy.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 08:03:02 AM »
LOL. I hear you Clint. I might try that new Bespin Vader if I ever see it, but think that one is gonna be awhile before it comes out. The look of the new 12 inch figures is awful as far as my opinion. Don't think there will be much three and three quarter in my future this year.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 08:22:51 AM »
This is a very cool figure.
I see him become a Sith Lord, too.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
So is this a straight repaint of Storm Shadow or the Red Ninja (Rocker ankles would be the give away). 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 03:58:37 PM »
wish i would have checked that but looking at the pics, they appear to be the straight double jointed type.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »
wish i would have checked that but looking at the pics, they appear to be the straight double jointed type.
This is a repainted Storm Shadow. No rocker ankles thank heavens! I wish he came with a different sheath and swords. These tiny swords fall out of their hands and the backpacl wont stay in. I ended up giving my Dark Ninja the backpack that came with the Cobra invasion pack Stormshadow. It actually looks like he should come with it cuz the colors all match up perfectly. I will try to snap a pic this evening and post it here. I am pretty stoked with this guy even though the swords are not so great. I would like to get abouty 4 of him.