Author Topic: A NOTE FROM THE FORUM MODERATOR  (Read 8469 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
A NOTE FROM THE FORUM MODERATOR
« on: January 30, 2013, 07:31:43 PM »
To everyone who posts on work on this forum I would like to say a huge thank you. As a producer and fan of photo novels and graphic novels I have first hand experience of the hard work it takes to create these works of creative art.

The time spent thinking about the stories, the research into the characters, the customs, dioramas, photography, photo editing, digital editing all take time and patience, so I am honored and privileged to be part of this very exciting forum.

If I don't get to read your work straight away and you would really like a critique then please do not hesitate to give me a nudge...

For visitors here, please, please show your appreciation for all of the hard work, the creators would love to hear your comments, they will be hugely appreciated I assure you.

Thank you all once again.

Jules (HB94)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:29:37 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: A Note from your Moderator
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:12:45 AM »
Here. Here Jules. Well said.

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 09:55:49 AM »
Since this seems to be a "mods" post; I have a question for the mods maybe someone can help me out. I have trouble posting here on this forum and Yakface. It's the same issue on both forums. The problem is once I've typed a lengthy post and my text has filled up the visible "text box" and the scroll bar appears to the right of the "text box" the scroll bar continuously wants to stay at the top of the slide which means I can't see what I'm typing. As I type the scroll bar constantly jumps from top to bottom. It's very frustating, especially when I want to quote someone and respond directly to what they've said or when I want to post a new chapter of my photonovel. I have this issue on both my personal laptop and my work laptop. I've tried deleting cookies & history and I still have the problem. I am running Windows Vista on my personal computer and Windows XP on my work computer. Both computers are running Internet Explorer 7. God I hope the problem isn't fixed by upgrading to IE8. IE8 seems to freeze up. Since the problem is with both ISY and YF I figure there has to a connection with the forum server or program. Not sure if both websites use the same type of forums, but I don't have issues like this with Rebelscum (which is basically the only other Star Wars forum I post on). If this post seems to be lengthy just for this issue it is because I am purposely typing to illustrate the problem. I want to fill this text box up with my input so that you will know exactly what I am talking about. It's like taking a car to the mechanic with the "check engine" light on, they got to be able to understand the problem. I haven't read any other users having issues like this, so maybe there is a setting on my computer that I need to change. Maybe the IT guys at ISY can contact the forum provider and see if they have had any issues like this from other subscribers. Well, I am now on the 12th or 13th line of this post and the scroll bar has popped up on the side. I haven't had any issues thus far, but I will continue rambling on to see if something happens. How about I just try typing som... Oh there it goes jumping from top to bottom as I type.

And then when i hit enter and add a space between the paragraphs it just gets worse. Luckily I'm a pretty good typist. Anyway as Jar Jar Binks once said, "Any help here would be hot."

Jason

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:57:41 AM »
Jason, it's a nightmare I know...

It seems to effect Internet Explorer. I solved the problem by switching browser to Google Chrome.

I hope that works for you.

Jules

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 02:18:39 PM »
Google Chrome eh! Alright well let's check it out. Already coming to this website is better on Google chrome because the pictures actually loaded up. On my work computer many times the pictures and icons are simply little boxes with an "X" in them. So instead of typing a lengthy response I'll just do some "enter" with some misc garble.
jalldlcma
jlakdmclakj
jlakjekrjcou
jlakemoc
ljaflkemc
aljaoiue[
clakj[eoiu02
lmacl0u-19
lakjjdlkmca
9u23980-91ujj
ajkfljeakjd
ajlkjdf;lakjosiu
wjalskjdljf]oi
Wow baby this thing is a working!!!
laksjfoijf

Don't know what button I just hit "tab" or something, but Jules you have just converted me to Google chrome!! At least when I post to Yakface and ISY!! Thank you, thank you. It's almost like discovering these two websites all over again!!

Jason
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:20:19 PM by jlw515 »

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 05:10:59 PM »
Glad to be of service.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 03:03:02 AM »
The graphic fiction section does seem to have received a new jolt of life recently, it's great to see.

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 01:08:48 PM »
I agree with this thread more than ever.

;)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 01:53:42 PM »
OOOPS! I've been a very bad moderator lately and have not taken my own advice! Work, work, work, work and more work! thank the stars I'm now busy, but it hasn't left me much time to deal with the important business of checking out the work here.

If I am being a bit lapse and you want me to check out any work posted here, please PM me and I will get to it.

J

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 02:29:38 PM »
PM sent....I think.

The PM page was acting weird after I hit "send."

So I hope you got it.

:)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff