Author Topic: JetpackBlues Customs Intro  (Read 59642 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: JetpackBlues Customs Intro
« Reply #255 on: July 14, 2014, 06:07:35 AM »
Mad Max is on the front page. Enjoyed how you kept at it until you found something you liked.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #256 on: July 22, 2014, 04:12:28 AM »
Awesome work on those 6" SW ladies, man. Keep it up!

Where do you find that many Mystique and Phoenix Summer bodies, by the way? Excellent base figures!

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #257 on: July 28, 2014, 05:53:24 AM »
Awesome work on those 6" SW ladies, man. Keep it up!

Where do you find that many Mystique and Phoenix Summer bodies, by the way? Excellent base figures!

I got a family owned toy shop in my neighborhood and he sells tons of Marvel stuff (and WWE). I bought him out of all his Mystiques. That said the new Storm is probably my favorite possibility for a base bc she's all paint app, no sculpt to sand off. Funny thing is a bought three but not for me. When I shop for figures I tend to shop for friends as well bc some of them live in areas where toys/comic shops are rare. But yeah, if I can get more storms she will be my new base figure (especially bc Mystique is gone. Haha)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #258 on: July 28, 2014, 06:37:44 AM »
It just so happens I live in an area devoid of any quality action figures whatsoever..... Maybe we can work something out sometime  :) ?

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #259 on: July 28, 2014, 09:45:52 AM »
You can give me some ideas what you're looking for and if its something I know I can find, or do see I'll let you know. We can worry about anything regarding shipping, payment/trade etc if I even come across you're items. And if I buy it and you decide you don't need it I will likely not cry. Haha

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #260 on: July 28, 2014, 12:04:08 PM »
Much appreciated, pm sent!

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2014, 11:21:26 AM »
So, after listening to the previous CAFN podcast with Dayton (talking about his customs, not SDCC) and once again just shaking my head in amazement at what this guy is capable of I decided, despite all my complaining about hating sculpting and how I don't really do much of it because I suck, I decided I should maybe reconsider. I've technically sculpted before, primarily for armor or pouches etc and yes technically adding lekku and horns to figures is a form of sculpting but none of that is really 'Sculpting" in my eyes. To me that's just par for the course. What Dayton's work really makes me wish I could do is head sculpting, so that's what I have decided to start trying to figure out. I highly doubt I'll ever get comfortable enough to do it at the scale he does it, especially for human faces. A while back I did sculpt a Bebop and a Rocksteady head, but they were large and I feel "monster" heads have a more forgiving suck factor.That said, I feel like if I can get a reasonable handle on it, its a useful tool to have in my "toolkit". I haven't had much time to do anything the last few weeks because once again my workspace is inhabited by foster kittens, but I did manage to get these attempts at sculpting heads in last week. So, while they are not customs, they are all I've had time for. (if you follow me on IG you saw these a few days ago)

Practice sculpts from last week. Sculpting Is not something I have in my repertoire. I've never been good at or tried it for more than the occasional ammo pack or armor piece or the one time I made heads for Bebop and Rocksteady. by JetpackBlues, on Flickr

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #262 on: August 04, 2014, 04:10:24 PM »
Hey pretty nice, really like that Cthulu looking head.

And man I have really been digging your six inch work, especially those Marvel Msytique Sith and Jedi. Keep it coming and thanks for watching CAFN! Back on the front page

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #263 on: August 04, 2014, 05:08:41 PM »
Hey pretty nice, really like that Cthulu looking head.

And man I have really been digging your six inch work, especially those Marvel Msytique Sith and Jedi. Keep it coming and thanks for watching CAFN! Back on the front page

I started a Ventress but then took on fostering kittens so all work on figures has been put on hiatus. I had to pack up a lot of my stuff, but I still have enough space to work with some monster clay to teach myself some sculpting, while watching kittens tear it up around the room

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #264 on: August 04, 2014, 05:10:23 PM »
Oh, and the Cthulhu looking guy is a Bogati from the Last Starfighter. I posted a poll on my IG as to what customs I should consider and The Last Starfighter was my favorite suggestion

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #265 on: August 05, 2014, 03:01:46 PM »
Oh I remember that movie. It was one of my favorites. Those were the bad guy assassins as I remember; one of which was making a final transmission and the Android guy took it out in the truck. Looks great.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #266 on: August 06, 2014, 03:25:57 AM »
Oh I remember that movie. It was one of my favorites. Those were the bad guy assassins as I remember; one of which was making a final transmission and the Android guy took it out in the truck. Looks great.

No Tamer that was a Zandozan "Intersteller hit beast" they have eyes by the sides of their heads and are butt ugly, this is one of the Star League pilots that Alex trod on his tentacle and he threatens to crush Alex into Goraan dust.
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #267 on: August 08, 2014, 05:27:52 AM »
Oh yeah, in the recruit area. Man, I so need to go watch that movie again. And then all the recruits got taken out with that asteroid.

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #268 on: September 05, 2014, 06:21:08 PM »
So, was looking at some customs that never made it through the preliminary phase and decided to work at finishing one or two. I've been putting some work the last few days into a Kruger from the movie Elysuim custom I started a ways back but quit on because I was unhappy with the vest I created. Now, I'm well aware if I planned out customs instead of making things up as I go along I may not run into issues like this, but I ams who I ams. That said I figured out ways to make it work for me. He's not done but he's a lot better than he was. Here's his progress

Kruger Custom WIP by JetpackBlues

Offline StarFall

• Ensign
    • Star-Fall: The Webcomic
« Reply #269 on: September 05, 2014, 08:00:35 PM »
Excellent work. Agent Kruger made that movie watchable for me, the actor was such a masterful villain, You've done a great job on this figure and your previous work as well. Bravo!
starfall-thecomic.com
"Live by the multisword, die by the multisword."