Author Topic: JetpackBlues Customs Intro  (Read 59726 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: JetpackBlues Customs Intro
« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2013, 08:16:07 AM »
I like it, especially the rocket pack which I think you improved substantially over the stock version. Bravo.

Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #181 on: December 31, 2013, 03:32:40 PM »
Your Boba looks great mate.

Ron

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2014, 11:13:33 AM »
Thank you good sir

Your Boba looks great mate.

Ron

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2014, 10:18:37 PM »
So, on the heels of an ROTJ Black series Boba Fett I am working on a Animated Debut Fett..hes gonna be a bit of a mish mash version based on the different looks he has. In the animation he has a color palette that seems to change and even between the 3.75 Animated figure and the new Marquette coming out he's different colors with different armor styles. So I figure I'll mix them all in

Untitled by JetpackBlues

Untitled by JetpackBlues

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2014, 10:39:39 PM »
Execellent work mate.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2014, 03:43:41 AM »
This is the first Fett 6 inch custom we have seen here. Bravo! I really like the color in this. Off to share. I am hoping folks get this one and customize and paint the heck out of him.

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2014, 07:46:55 AM »
This is the first Fett 6 inch custom we have seen here. Bravo! I really like the color in this. Off to share. I am hoping folks get this one and customize and paint the heck out of him.

WhAt about my ROTJ Fett

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2014, 10:01:42 AM »

WhAt about my ROTJ Fett

Ok, yours are the first two I have seen. Geesh I getting to be so forgetful lately! Sorry. You must have some awesome stores to be able to find so many 6 inch Fetts. I saw one in the wild since they first released and am kicking myself I didn't get him.

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2014, 10:38:13 AM »

WhAt about my ROTJ Fett

Ok, yours are the first two I have seen. Geesh I getting to be so forgetful lately! Sorry. You must have some awesome stores to be able to find so many 6 inch Fetts. I saw one in the wild since they first released and am kicking myself I didn't get him.

Dude I'm lucky if I remember my address most days. I'm currently in possession of about 16 Fetts (and 20 unmodified Sandtroopers) from the 6 inch line. Storm/Sandtroopers are really the only 2 goes I figures I collect. Though for me, collecting means just having lots. They all still get opened. Hah

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2014, 08:59:34 PM »
damn.  Here I've finally got ONE to work with and I'm barely even going to modify it from it's original.

Here you go doing one of the things I was planning on doing if I ever got a second one.  Figure's someone would beat me to it...

now... how the HELL did you get 16 fetts?!  I can't find a single dang one out in stores!  NOONE will stock the line around here. 

Also at 20 bucks a pop that's a sizable fortune.... more than my monthly car payment...  yeah, I think I'll stick to slightly modifying the ONE I have and call it quits.  This 6 inch line is too rich for my blood to customize in.

(but damn do I want to)

Oh yeah, good work matching the color palette btw.  That was one of the hardest things i've done when I did my 4" super arty version of animated fett.

What do you plan on using for the holster and belts?  (The other reason I won't get into 6" customizing,  I don't have any 6" fodder!)

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2014, 06:24:31 AM »
damn.  Here I've finally got ONE to work with and I'm barely even going to modify it from it's original.

Here you go doing one of the things I was planning on doing if I ever got a second one.  Figure's someone would beat me to it...

now... how the HELL did you get 16 fetts?!  I can't find a single dang one out in stores!  NOONE will stock the line around here. 

Also at 20 bucks a pop that's a sizable fortune.... more than my monthly car payment...  yeah, I think I'll stick to slightly modifying the ONE I have and call it quits.  This 6 inch line is too rich for my blood to customize in.

(but damn do I want to)

hat was one of the hardest things i've done when I did my 4" super arty version of animated fett.

What do you plan on using for the holster and belts?  (The other reason I won't get into 6" customizing,  I don't have any 6" fodder!)

I got a bulk of mine just recently after the holiday. Toy r us was doing a buy one get one 50% off. Fett, much like the Sandtrooper was impossible to find for a few months but now I guess was scalped enough times by the local scalpers that he's in stock.  My hope is that this will happen when the 6 inch stormtrooper comes out too. That he will be impossible to find for a few months then be overstocked for a few weeks.

I don't really know what I'm going to do regarding the belt.  I've given myself a little wiggle room though by not going completely one way or the other on which style so I technically can keep the belt the same and call it artistic choice. Hahah. What I will actually do is mold a bunch of pouches into clay and instead of casting them in plastic cast them in rubber and either cut off the two big pouches from the front of  Bobas soft good belt, or work off of Solos belt

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2014, 08:21:06 PM »
Excellent work

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2014, 05:31:27 AM »
Most excellent work! Really nice design you are going with that blends all of the reference images. Your sculpting looks great and I am wondering if the swivel still works on the legs? As Devin said your paint aps are really nice as well and match the original colors perfectly! Any chance you want to trade 1 Fett and 1 Sandie with me?

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #193 on: February 05, 2014, 12:50:54 PM »
Most excellent work! Really nice design you are going with that blends all of the reference images. Your sculpting looks great and I am wondering if the swivel still works on the legs? As Devin said your paint aps are really nice as well and match the original colors perfectly! Any chance you want to trade 1 Fett and 1 Sandie with me?

The swivels still work. You can see the original color of the pants underneath but the difference in color isn't going to be that different so I can't imagine it would be a glaring issue. I'm always open to a trade, but, I am a guy that opens every box that comes his way. I'm not sure if I have any boxed Sandtroopers left. I still have 2 or three boxes Fetts though.

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #194 on: April 08, 2014, 08:31:43 PM »
As per usual I have months between posts with little new stuff to show for it. I got caught up making Galactic Marines because apparently there was a bit of demand for them, which I humored simply because I quite enjoy making them. Not complaining about the surplus cash either. While I have been chipping away on and off my current custom that may be of interest is the 6 inch Darth Talon. I know its a crappy iPhone shot but here she is in her current very much incomplete state. You can also see my since stalled Animated Hybrid Fest and a 1:18 scale Kruger from Elysium in the background