Author Topic: HOMEWORLD - RETURN TO HIIGARA - Pt 1  (Read 5152 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
HOMEWORLD - RETURN TO HIIGARA - Pt 1
« on: December 18, 2012, 07:00:10 PM »

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:12:41 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: HOMEWORLD - RETURN TO HIIGARA - Pt 1
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 08:04:45 PM »
Ah, Jules, where to begin...

Your art is some of your best to date.  The colors are bright and vibrant, and graphics are crisp and clean.  Your characters are definitely unique as far as design goes.  I'm also really liking how you set up the entire thing, with the rich history of the planet itself.  You left enough mystery in your opening salvo to definitely pique the curiosity.  I detected a hint of the Isreali military sense in your characters, based on how the scientist "served her military time," which I thought was very cool. 

This is quite the endeavor, and even though it refers to the Outer Rim, it stands alone completely, without any Star Wars canon to begin with.  I'm looking forward to more of this story, as I think it'll be your best yet!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 09:12:32 PM »
Superbly written,sublime images .pretty much the norm for you then mate   ;-)
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 04:18:13 AM »
I will give this a more thorough read during my break time today, but I can but echo some of Pat's sentiments. The artistic quality and 3D renderings are just superb Jules.

I have tried to put into comments our appreciate for all that you do with these Jules. I can't even imagine how long it took to create all of this. I so want to create a toc page here outside of the forums where we can give these works of art an organized and graphically pleasing toc so folks can always enjoy them with just a few clicks.

Update: Ok, I enjoyed my cup of coffee this morning reading this. Perfect story to go with perfect artwork. I am really liking the 3D Imagery you have going on now. What a great start to a sci-fi story. I am so not gonna like waiting for the next chapters. Someone really ought to hire you to do this type of thing for a living. You could really get us some good sci-fi flicks.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:45:08 AM by Tamer »

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 06:56:58 AM »
Thanks for your comments my friends! This time I really want to finish a story, and as this should span around 15 chapters, it is achievable...

Thanks for the FP Tamer, always really appreciated.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 08:43:57 PM »
Awesome work, really loved every aspect of this chapter. 

The characters' heads/facial features look great: smooth, clean look and it even seems that we can get a 'feel' for the characters' emotions from the looks on their faces this time around.  I like this change...great improvement!

I hope you're able to find the time to do 14 more of these chapters; it's really a pleasure to give these a look-see!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Tankster

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 10:55:51 PM »
wow I wish I had talent like this I can barley write any dribble for my verse Fantastic!  

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 12:03:18 AM »
this is really and truely your very own style! Excellent and exciting work as always on a pro level!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 05:52:39 PM »
Julian it has been such a treat watching your skill set grow since I first found your work. As Art has pointed out you have really grown into your own and now have a new distinctive style that is just mind blowing. Every aspect is so well done it is truly amazing that you alone have done everything it takes to pull this off. This looks more like a project several people worked on. Such a cool story and you are telling it beautifully. Thanks for all the hard work and sharing with us.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 08:53:52 AM »
A very nice, very cool and very awe-inspiring opening piece for this new series. Every time there is a new work unveiled by you, hangarbar94, it always meets and then exceeds the excellent standard of your previous work in both aestetic and technical fashion. Top notch, 10/10.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 06:04:13 PM »
Just caught up with this one, Jules. A very interesting start leads me wanting more at once. The flow of the imagery with the story is smooth with perfect transitions at just the right time. you are going wild again.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 07:47:02 PM »
Thanks so much everyone for your comments and feedback, they are all very much appreciated.

As it's holiday time I've managed to write chapters two and three. I am determined to have this story completed within one year, after which I'll return to XWA.

Here is the cover art for the next chapter... the image is a bit of a spoiler, which I hope will wet your appetites...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 06:12:06 AM »
Awesome. Time to get this update on the front page. Folks are going to want to know!

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 07:05:00 PM »
Jules,

Awesome first chapter! The pictures are just beautiful! Seemless blending of various graphics. The fourth picture (including the cover) that says "Probe 01 Launch" at the top is just breath taking!! I love the fact that even though you are using CGI faces you still have customized action figure bodies. With the Professor's last name being "Atari" could be say that his team is the "Atari Force"??? Some of the young-ins' may not remember the Atari Force mini-comic books that came with old Atari video games.

The story and dialogue are very interesting. It's got that 2001 Space Odyssey meets Prometheus feel to it. The land (six wheeled) vehicles remind me of some vehicles in some old McQuarrie NASA paintings.

Just so I'm understanding the story clearly - this story IS NOT in the Star Wars universe. Is that correct? If so, then you are trail blazing even further into totally original story telling not limited to what we already know about Star Wars. Can't wait to see where you take this story line!

Jason

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 08:10:29 PM »
Jason, thanks for your post.

Just to confirm, this is NOT a Star Wars story...

You got the 2001 influence spot on, in fact there are some HAL9000 graphics thrown in as a homage to the classic film. I'm glad you enjoyed the first chapter, I'm about 1/2 way through the second so watch this space...

FYI I've changed some dialogue on page 21... Commander Suune's Kith is now called Gaalsien...