Author Topic: Blanx Alpha Customs Contest  (Read 7155 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Blanx Alpha Customs Contest
« on: June 05, 2012, 05:58:58 AM »

Go Native Toys has announced a Customs Contest running from now till August 15th, 2012:

Here are the details:

Blanx Custom Action Figure Contest

Welcome to our first Blanx custom action figure contest! This first in an ongoing series of contests will begin May 15, 2012, and the deadline for entries will be August 15, 2012. That is three full months to complete your entries! Future contests will be shorter, but for this first one, additional time to get the word out, and a deadline not conflicting with the San Diego Comic Convention seemed like the way to go.
 For this first contest the category will be wide open! That is, no particular theme. Your figure can be based on any character you can possibly dream up. Any superhero, fantasy, sci-fi, or any other character is fair game.

Contest rules

1) Figure must be created over the Alpha Blanx base body. Body can be modified, additional pieces added to, and sculpted over as much as needed for the character. Modification is not required however, a great paint job might be all that is needed to win!

2) Multiple entry is ok.

3) Must be a new custom figure, not shown here or anywhere before.

4) Submit at least two clear, well lit photos of your custom figure.The figures may not be digitally altered in the photos. Include in the email that you want this submission to be considered for the contest!

5) A base is encouraged to any degree you like even to the point of a diorama, but is not required. The figure will be judged on it's own merit, not considering the base.

6) Include in the email whatever text about yourself or the custom that you want. Some or all of the info may be displayed with the pictures.

7) Winners will be notified by email. Shipping address will be requested at that point to send the prizes!

The Prizes!

1st Place:

6 Alpha Blanx figures and the 8 figures shown... Prison Escape Jack Sparrow- Pirates of the Caribbean Pintel- Pirates of the Caribbean Bootstrap Bill Turner- Pirates of the Caribbean Pirate Disguised Elizabeth Swann- Pirates of the Caribbean X-23 - Marvel Universe Ninja- Ku Leader - GI Joe Red Skull- Captain America City Strike Snake Eyes- GI Joe

2nd Place:

5 Alpha Blanx figures and the 5 figures shown... Captain Jack Sparrow- Pirates of the Caribbean Pintel- Pirates of the Caribbean Pirate Disguised Elizabeth Swann- Pirates of the Caribbean Steve Rogers- Marvel Universe Commando Snake Eyes- GI Joe

3rd Place:

4 Alpha Blanx figures and the 3 figures shown... City Strike Snake Eyes- GI Joe Cannibal King Jack Sparrow- Pirates of the Caribbean Hawkeye- Marvel Universe

Figures will be judged based on overall awesomeness! Not necessarily on professional sculpting ability, painting skills or concept, but just that impression when looking at it that makes you think, that's really cool!

Submit your Custom Alpha Figure Today!

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
Re: Blanx Alpha Customs Contest
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 07:42:48 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 02:37:25 AM »
Great idea for a contest! I can't wait to see what the Yarders come up with :) !!!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 06:26:26 PM »
Got my finished product pics in to Go Native Toys the other day!  Super psyched about it!  It was an awesome customizer's tool to work with.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 05:33:40 AM »
Glad to hear it. I just saw Michael make a cool Zombie out of a blanx alpha the other day too. This is a fun contest.

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 07:48:22 PM »
Did anybody else get in on this?  I have a custom Blanx I've been waiting to show for a month already. Hopefully I'll hear somethin' soon, otherwise I'll just post pics in my custom thread.

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 09:02:51 AM »
Ok.  So I  was notified a few days ago I was "one of the winners, placement still TBD" of this contest.  So, here's my completed custom:

3.75" Borg Drone utilizing a Blanx Alpha buck.  I wanted to emulate their early designs, which seemed to be "dudes in black body suits with random tubes and greeblies" instead of the more streamlined "biomechanical" aspect they morphed into over the years.

This was a really quick build, but fun the whole time.  I really enjoyed the Blanx body, and may have to get more to make a couple'a more drones.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 09:07:32 AM »
He look's really cool! Great job! ;D
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 11:09:17 AM »
Wow, I remember seeing a few wip pics of this and it turned out awesome. Look for this on our fp soon. I hope you are the grand prize winner Michael!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 04:28:40 AM »
I hope more Shipyarders entered this too. And if so I would love to see what you made.

Your entry is on the front page DO.

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 09:14:57 PM »
So, check it out!  I was the second place winner in this Blanx Alpha custom contes.  The haul is as follows:

MU Cap'n America Reborn, 25th Commando Snake-Eyes, 5 more Blanx Alphas and Cap'n Jack, Elizabeth Swann and Pintel from the "Pirates" line.  SCORE!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 04:24:16 AM »
Thats awesome Michael! Now that is some awesome loot!

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 04:57:21 AM »
WOW! Great score! :D
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 06:37:03 PM »
Congrats Micheal and a great joice for a custom you can't go past a BORG and very nice prizes as well, I hope they have another contest soon.

Ron