Author Topic: The Enloe Trials Prologue - THE BARON'S CRUSADE  (Read 7712 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
The Enloe Trials Prologue - THE BARON'S CRUSADE
« on: February 24, 2012, 03:06:49 PM »
Figured it was time I posted a photonovel here since I had not done so with my original series... like a handful of people in this hobby, I am fascinated by photonovels... from 2004-2011, I worked almost non-stop on a fan-fiction photonovel series called The Enloe Chronicles that took most of my hobby time... quite frankly, it's why I customize and what's really driven me to continue this hobby... that series comprised of 32 chapters, spanning the timeline of a Republic Peace Officer named Rykrof Enloe from before the invasion of Naboo until the end of the Clone Wars, in which he was one of the few non-Jedi leading battalions of clone troopers into battle against the Separatists.

Along the way, he became a primary enemy of the Badoo Corba terrorists, befriended a Jedi who ultimately fell to the Dark Side, started a family, became close to Palpatine, but realized the evil of the Emperor once the Jedi were eliminated.  He made a decision to leave the Empire, which nearly cost him his life, and did cost him the friendship of Admiral Tylin Gere, who was a Peace Officer with Rykrof before the formation of the Grand Army of the Republic.

Now, five years have passed since the events of ROTS, and Rykrof is hiding on a planet called Urelia with his family.  The Empire dominates the galaxy, but now Tylin Gere has learned of the whereabouts of an ancient Sith relic that he and Rykrof once nearly took from Separatist forces during the Clone Wars... Tylin is obsessed with locating it, and his pursuit has led him to Dantooine...

This is just the prologue for what I hope will be another large series.  Enjoy (I hope!)...

In the furthest reaches of the Outer Rim, a lone Imperial Star Destroyer hovers above the remote world of Dantooine.

On the surface of the planet, Imperial Stormtroopers survey the damage from a recent battle with Rebel insurgents atop a mountain stronghold.

Vastly outnumbered and poorly equipped, the Rebel base was decimated by Imperial forces.

Led by Baron Tylin Gere, this is but one of many Rebel camps he has personally led secret assaults on during recent months...

...as he searches for information that he believes is vital to both the survival of the Empire and his own private interests.

While tearing the base apart, his personal division of Stormtroopers have found few survivors.

"Fools," Tylin scoffs as he walks past the corpse of a Rebel soldier.

"People should know when they've been defeated."

"Sir, we've found no trace of the artifact," officer Draven informs his superior.

"Keep looking.  We're not leaving this wretched planet until we learn of its whereabouts," Tylin replies.

"Baron Gere!" a second trooper reports, "We have a survivor who mentioned the relic!"

"Excellent," Tylin smiles.
"Take me to him."

The group then swiftly approaches a badly injured Mon Calamari lying on the ground.

"I am Baron Tylin Gere," the smug Imperial announces sharply.
"What is your rank?"

"I... lieutenant..." he struggles to answer.

"Lieutentant," he grins.
"Tell me now, where is the relic that your band of Rebels have been hiding?"

"It's not here," the Mon Calamari gasps.

"Not here?  Where is it?"

"I... egghh... don't know... I swear... it was stolen..."

"...we believe they were... ugh... Badoo Corba agents," he gasps.

"Damn these people," Tylin growls as he looks up to his men.

"When was this?" the Baron demands.
"When were they here?"

"Weeks ago... records were in our database... which your bombers destroyed..."
"My body is broken... I surrender... please... bring a medical capsule..."

"He's told us everything he knows," Tylin says to his troops.
"This soldier is in... terrible condition."

"Relieve his pain."

Without hesitation, the loyal soldiers of the Empire fire their blasters into the Mon Calamari!

"Sir, what are our orders now?" officer Draven asks.

"Destroy any record that we were here," Tylin replies.
"Then burn the camp and kill any survivors."

"...and set course for the Badoo Cobra stronghold on Dathomir."

...that's it for now.  It was a lot of fun getting back in the game!  I hope my fellow forum members liked what you saw, and are looking as forward to the next installment as I am. 

And no, that Mon Calamari wasn't Freelo, in case anyone familiar with the original series is wondering.

;)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: The Enloe Trials Prologue - THE BARON'S CRUSADE
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 04:50:48 PM »
Chewie that was superb can't wait to see how it unfolds ,and welcome to the yards
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 05:00:07 PM »
Excellent job Chewie...and glad it wasn't Freelo. :)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 01:19:42 PM »
Chewie, welcome my Master, it is wonderful to see your work posted here at last!

This is what photo novels are all about, amazing customs, realistic dioramas, wonderful photography and a compelling story. I have been waiting for the return of Rykrof for ages, and your introduction to this new series could not have been better.

I do not recall reading anything set in the early days of the empire, and so I am really interested in your take on some of the goings on prior to Episode IV. Love the baddy as well.

10/10!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:32:03 PM »
Wow, I had already come to the conclusion that you were a great customizer, but now I can add story creator to the growing list. Needless to say, this is going on the front page. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Daggone now I have to wait on another chapter just like X-Wing Alliance!

This is starting to have a feeling of Star Wars combined with an Indiana Jones type quest. I like it. I also really love the Custom Baron. How easily he could fit in a Walker Comanding a Ground Pounding Mission. That shot with the Stormies lighting up the Mon Cal was awesome too. Your Base Dio was rock solid too. Ah how I wish Hasbro would keep releasing those Turrets.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:45:18 PM by Tamer »

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 01:41:06 PM »
what can I add to the words of Tamer and Hangarbay? Just an AWESOME!!
thanks for sharing!!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 05:30:41 PM »
Sweet! I love that in world of everything clones and Clone Wars you're doing an Imperial photo-novel! You're off to a good start! I can't wait to see where these troopers go in search of this mysterious relic! :D

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 07:21:15 PM »
Chewie! Welcome to the Yards! Thanks so much for posting here, I know how hard it is to make the rounds on all the sites. I commented elsewhere but wanted to say here what a huge fan of your work I am. I love that you are bringing back Rykrof for another chapter in the series. Very well done as usual and you are so good at adding twists to these characters relationships. Very well done, you truly have all the skills. The customs, dioramas and photography look superb. Thanks for sharing.

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 10:07:44 AM »
Thank you guys for the feedback, and Tamer, I really appreciate the front page nod. 

wraithnine - Thanks, I've been meaning for a while to post here too, it's just hard to keep up. This seems like a great group of people though and it's refreshing to see some new names (and a few old ones who I used to run into on some other boards).  Yakface is still my home base but I'll try and pop in here more often.

botwt - Yeah, I can't kill of Freelo... at least not so early in this new series.

hangarbay94 - Thanks my friend, I always look forward to your stories too, as well as reading your thoughts on my stuff an the work of others.  I haven't read a whole lot of pre-ANH stuff either, so I'll likely step on some established EU by accident. 

Tamer - Thanks buddy, I appreciate the kind words and again thanks for the front page mention!  There will be a quest involved for a while for that relic, but things will also veer in a few other directions too.  There's a few other characters that will have big roles, but Tylin Gere will be the primary antagonist, along with a couple other non-Imperials.  Palpatine/Vader also will be involved, but not too much.  Glad you liked the dioramas/etc.

Art deWhill - Thanks for the nice words!

ActionFigEmpire - Much appreciated, the storyline before this was 32 chapters of Clone Wars and pre-Clone Wars stuff when Tylin Gere was a Peace Officer with Rykrof Enloe (who is the main character, he'll be back in the mix in the first chapter as this was more of a prologue).  The troops aren't going to have a field day in their search of the relic, which is in the hands of terrorists that Tylin and Rykrof had worked together against before in the old stories. 

Luke Sprywalker - Thanks my friend!  It really is hard to make the rounds across so many boards... what makes it easier though is enthusiasm coming from the people running the site.  That attracts people a lot, in my opinion.  I appreciate the support and nice words - thanks again for the feedback.

;)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 10:30:11 AM »
Chewie, even though you have a natural home you are an honoured guest here.

Jules

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 06:08:39 PM »
Thanks buddy, this place is a lot of fun.  I'll try and swing my more often.

;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 07:59:03 AM »
Here's a preview to the next chapter:

0/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 12:41:08 PM »
Looking forward to that!

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »
Chewie,

Amazing set / diorama, and it's also exciting to see you bridging the gap between the Clone Wars and OT. I've not read anything from that era and so I am very much looking forward to your next installment.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »
Okay, I missed this.  I MISSED THIS!!!!!   :o

FANTASTIC work on the outdoor shots!!  So glad that was NOT Freelo on the ground! Can't wait to see more!