Author Topic: fan-fic links - go read my fiction!  (Read 2832 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
fan-fic links - go read my fiction!
« on: June 03, 2009, 04:30:29 AM »
It was suggested in chat last night that I needed to "show off" my Fixer stories.  Well, to that end, if you enjoy reading Rebellion-era fan-fic written by an award-winning* writer set in an out-of-the-way part of the SW galaxy, visit:
http://outlands.tripod.com/gallery

They are finished stories, but are subject to being revised and rewritten at any moment.  Fixer and friends are constantly being refined and expanded, especially as I develop fictional voices for my various postings here!  One of these days, I will be going back and illustrating the stories using custom figs I make.  Enjoy!

*awards received include "Judges' Choice" and first- thru third-place and honorable-mention awards at a good-sized sci-fi/fantasy convention on the Gulf Coast big enough to draw names like Timothy Zahn, Orson Scott Card, Aaron Allston, Keith Parkinson, Michael Stackpole, George Alec Effinger, David "Zeb" Cook, and many others.  Categories covered poetry, mail-in fiction, and on-the-spot fiction.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 08:45:51 PM by DocOutlands »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: fan-fic links
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 04:43:28 AM »
I will make it a point to delve into these when I get a chance, doc, as I am sure they would be a good read.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 08:57:21 AM »
Doc, I just spent part of the last hour reading the stories about Fixer and Bartan. Absolutely great, I would buy that novel!

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 09:21:02 AM »
At the suggestion of a friend, I went thru Fixer's Tale and pulled out/replaced/renamed all the Star Wars elements, just to see if the story still worked.  It does.  So who knows - one day you may *get* to buy it...even if it isn't strictly Star Wars.  You can always mentally make the switches needed, if that happens.   ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 10:17:40 AM »
I hope you make Fixer. I can just see an FX-7 droid on moving tracks with some of those great appendages you mentioned in your stories surrounded by his little mouse droid buddies.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 12:24:08 PM »
Oh, it'll happen!!  I've spent a minor fortune buying things to get arms for Fixer.  The sabacc-game in engineering is something I *have* to make!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 04:31:20 PM »
Oh, it'll happen!!  I've spent a minor fortune buying things to get arms for Fixer.  The sabacc-game in engineering is something I *have* to make!

I sure hope you continue the chapters.  I wonder what an episdoe it might make for our RC Fixer to meet the droid one. That would be one sweet dio thats for sure. Is the Captain going back to that planet to arm the rebels?

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 05:13:51 PM »
I've actually already written that very thing, with him setting up a Rebel cell and so on - but I ran into a stumper that put me off it, so I have to go back and reevaluate and rewrite.  Lots of politics and spy/counterspy stuff.

The RC Fixer and droid Fixer thing has actually been suggested by Brendan.  That in turn let to a rough idea for another chapter in Fixer's older life, back with Captain Wran's crew that will have ties into events in Traviss's works.  Tangentially.  But *powerfully*!  Which then led to an idea for a future encounter during Fixer's time with Bartan.

So yeah - I've got a LOT of stories going on around him.