Author Topic: TOR Combined Sites Custom Contest  (Read 51085 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
Re: TOR Combined Sites Custom Contest
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 06:53:29 PM »
Yeah, three brand new figures is what I think the goal is like Tamer mentioned...

Hopefully the time frame allows for enough people to get involved, as this thing goes on for over three months... and the figures can be fan fiction too... and keep in mind that in the game and media barrage for TOR, there's thousands of background characters and endless designs... with the TOR era having SO many different Sith, Jedi, etc., it seems like there is a VERY rich pool of ideas to pull from.  

The game's narrated TIMELINE really can help inspire ideas too...

These images alone are very inspiring, I think... and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

There's a ton of very creative people here, so I'd be surprised if we don't see some very cool stuff.  And keep in mind, the random winners are truly "random" so any talent level has a chance of winning there, and anyone who posts their custom entries here, at Echobase and at Yakface has an even better chance of being a random winner.  One grand prize person will get the Sideshow Gree, which is one heck of a figure but the others will be random.

Heck, you can even design your own characters!  

Of note, I don't have the game, and probably will never get the opportunity to play it... sigh, if only it were on XBOX360 and not an online only game!  But, I'm going to make at least a few more figures for the fun of this... maybe some TOR era smugglers or something.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:59:00 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 08:46:31 AM »
Cool images CHEWIE, I haven't seen those.

Hey Devin, I could send you my latest issue of SW Insider which is full of TOR Characters if you would like. Man, just the cover with Malgus is killer.

I also just thought of something: for those that have the game you folks could create the character(s) you play as. I also think you get companion characters too and those would make awesome custom subject entries too. Maybe instead of sending out my magazine to just one person, I will try to scan and or take some pics of some of the images I have seen around the web and create a TOR Images section in the resource section to give folks some ideas. If I can find some spare time!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 08:57:53 AM »
Seeing your message about the SW Insider with images gave me an idea:  What if we started an open forum where people could post reference pics from TOR. That way we could gather ideas and inspiration for the contest?

Would this help anyone other than me?

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 09:29:15 AM »
I'll post some screen pics for you from the game...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:53:59 AM by Wookie-Balls »

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 09:55:51 AM »
The new forum has been started in CUSTOM CONTESTS. It is titled: Reference Pictures for TOR Combined Sites Custom Contest and here is the link:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7571.new#new
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:10:28 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 10:09:10 AM »
Well now, what an even better idea. Roll on with it folks!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 10:13:43 AM »
Great idea for the reference thread.   I will take a look at it.

I apologize, in my rushed read of the contest rules I missed the extended date!  That would be a lot better for whipping up three figures, I was used to the 1month deadlines we normally have!

I think this is a great way to honor his memory, to carry out a project that he thought of.  I only hope that when my time comes I have a group of folks that care enough to remember me!

I'll take a look at the reference material... if a few ideas come to me... I might enter.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 11:20:54 AM »
Thats great news Devin. I can imagine some of the poses you could make with your superarty skills!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 11:32:33 AM »
Check the SWTOR official site's forum too. There are a few boards on fan art and concept art. And of course, we could post past customs as reference material.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »
Just a stupid question here...can the three customs be something like three Sith, two Jedi and a Sith, a Sith and two droids? Just trying to get a feel of where to go with my ideas.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 09:15:21 PM »
This looks like a great comp wish I was going to be here to enter but I will be watching very closely, and good luck guys I can't wait to see what all of your creative juices come up with.

Ron

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
Bane customs 1
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 01:39:07 AM »
I have two entries, both from the Darth Bane novels (right on the edge of the TOR timeline). The first set of three consists of Lord Kaan, Darth Bane, and Githany from Path of Destruction.

Path of Destruction

Lord Kaan

Darth Bane

Githany

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
Bane customs 2
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 01:45:11 AM »
I have two entries, both from the Darth Bane novels (right on the edge of the TOR timeline). The second set of three consists of Darth Zannah, Darth Bane, and Darth Cognus from Rule of Two and Dynasty of Evil.

Rule of Two

Darth Zannah

Darth Bane

Darth Cognus

Note: I'd posted photos of an older version of Darth Zannah and the Hasbro Bane on another website. These ones are slightly modified, but I'm not sure if this entry fully counts. If in doubt, consider my first entry to be my real entry for the contest.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 07:30:58 AM »
very cool!  simple, yet effective.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 07:54:15 AM »
Just a stupid question here...can the three customs be something like three Sith, two Jedi and a Sith, a Sith and two droids? Just trying to get a feel of where to go with my ideas.

As long as its TOR its a go!