Author Topic: Custom Battle Droid 00M-9  (Read 42227 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: 6" SOTE Swoop "Trooper"
« Reply #135 on: January 04, 2015, 08:17:17 AM »
I think I still have the three and three quarter version of this around somewhere. I like it. Off to share.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #136 on: January 04, 2015, 11:03:52 AM »
This project is really promising!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2015, 11:07:35 AM »
That swoop rider looks fantastic.  I wish I had a good supply of 6 inch figures (and the money to spend on them) to do something similar!  The SOTE swoop bike and rider was my favorite POTF offering growing up... HOURS of play with that guy and his bike...

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
Re: 6" Assessories
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2015, 02:14:23 AM »
So while taking breaks from unpacking I made these from the old part box.

Probe Droid: made from a 25 cent machine plastic ball container and a few model tank parts.

Power Box: made from a Tic-Tac box and random model parts and a "control box" from a 6 inch X-wing Luke. Its suppost to be based on the Sideshow Snowtrooper base here... http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-snowtrooper-sideshow-collectibles-3001921/

And finally a use for those over sized guns that come with those awesome True Heroes vehicles...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: 6" Assessories
« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2015, 04:02:53 AM »
Wow, some great stuff in here. Love that probe droid. Off to share.

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
Re: Everyones 2nd favorite smuggler
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2015, 06:39:18 PM »
Well I got almost all the part figured out however I can't figure out how to keep the shoulder bells but change the arms? Because my lack of 6" parts I can't do the iconic no sleeve look but I can do the toy long sleeve version. Any suggestions on keeping the shoulder bells but not the arms? Also the head is big on this figure I hope adding the padding on the shoulders will even it out. I also need to dremel the inside of torso to get the lower and upper together so he will lose some higth.

Dash Rendar WIP

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2015, 03:25:31 PM »
Dash looks awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing how he turns out. If it means anything, Dash is my favorite smuggler  :)

The Stormtrooper armor is actually a great idea, I literally said out-loud "That actually works" haha. I hope everything works out cause this would be a fantastic custom. It's a shame we never got an updated Dash. Sadly we're stuck with the POTF figure and unfortunately that type of figure customization is out of my league.

Is that head of Chris Pratt you were asking about earlier?
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2015, 03:32:57 PM »
Thanx yea its Pratts head and its a clone torso with stormy arms for the shoulder bells im going to custom more into dashs a tie pilot mid section and hans legs still figuring out the arms part

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2015, 07:59:26 AM »
Fantastic, that is going to be a great six inch custom.

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2015, 06:21:55 AM »
 Thanx Tamer but until I can figure out arms this is as far as I can go right now. I know Hemble combined Solos arms with the Trooper shoulders on a past custom but I dont know how or if it could work seeing how he makes them statues

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2015, 07:30:40 AM »
Thanx Tamer but until I can figure out arms this is as far as I can go right now. I know Hemble combined Solos arms with the Trooper shoulders on a past custom but I dont know how or if it could work seeing how he makes them statues

Did you see the work he has done on some of the trooper figures with colored balloons? I can sure understand about wanting to keep the movement in em though.

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2015, 09:46:25 PM »
 Tamer, I know what your talking about but I dont think it would help but thanx.
I did shave the torso to fit and i fixed the arm just going to have to do the long sleeve version like the hasbro toy. Hopefully by the weekend i will have pix. I have sculpty 3 but i heard it cracks in time so i might have to put it on hold until i get some aves fixit sculpt unless someone wants to donate some to me lol.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2015, 06:38:16 AM »
I am looking forward to seeing the update.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2015, 11:43:03 PM »
Dash looks fantastic.  Looking forward to seeing it completed.

One thing you might try (and I have no idea if this will work) would be to buy one of the 6 inch wrestler figures and see if you can use their arms.  Then I would just cut off the shoulder pads from the star wars figure and glue them on top of the shoulders of the wrestler arms.  That'd give you the bare arms look you are after... IF they fit right, and that's a big if....

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2015, 12:18:23 AM »
Spud thanks man i already thought about the wrestling figures and a few have  decent sized arms but I didnt want to buy a figure for just biceps so i used what i already got just now i gotta replace the tie pilot in my collection as i sacraficed him. Besides the toy had long sleeves as well as a few other pictures of him. Infact its hard to find different pics of him and not notice so many differences between each.