Author Topic: August Custom Action Figure Contest, Sith Style  (Read 33728 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: August Custom Action Figure Contest, Sith Style
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 11:48:34 PM »
Guys awesome looking entries already.

Ron

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 04:28:21 AM »
Mandalore, your custom is fantastic, that is one seriously scary dude! I don't know what it is about clowns, but they can be vary menacing. An excellent submission!

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
  • The First Lady of SW Collecting
    • Kessel Run Review
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 10:45:38 AM »
Entries already, wow!!! GS18, HB, and mandalore your customs are looking terrific 0/ Can't wait to see more entries :)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 10:39:09 AM »
That clown sith is freakin scary.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 08:12:49 AM »
You know when I was a kid I actually ran into a pole and knocked myself out running away from a clown. That Sith Clown evokes the same type of feeling. Nice job M1992.

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 09:14:27 AM »
hahahahahaha  Tamer ,I have fear to clowns too hahahahahaha I try to think in something very scary to be a sith and well clowns makes me creeps and that's the result hahahahaahah

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 07:25:18 PM »
THIS IS MY ENTRY!!

MANDALORIAN SITH

Taken from the blog:

"When Luke Sprywalker announced the Custom Sith Competition over at Imperial Shipyards this month, Dad felt it was the perfect time to pay tribute to Mike Martinez of Mercury Art Studios.  Dad will be donating his MANDALORIAN SITH entry the Mercury Art Studios Auction and the proceeds will be given to the family of Mike Martinez. Mike always created the coolest and most unique Sith custom action figures. He is known in our house as the Sith master. Dad thought of Mike when he created this action figure and tried to create a Sith custom action figure that he never saw anyone make before. Dad created this action figure from the old (head) and the new Jodo Kast action figures (forearms), a Boba Fett torso, and a Lord Maleval (everything else). He removed the chest armor from the Boba Fett and dremmeled the torso until the chest and abdomen were only as thin as the armor. He then dremmeled the front chest and abdomen of the Lord Maleval action figure and then fused Boba Fett's chest armor to the Lord Maleval with Apoxie Sculpt. Then Dad painted the action figure in colors that he saw in a Mandalorian Sith drawing that some new friends showed him on The Forcebook.

If you are interested in owning this figure, look below for the link where you will be able to bid on this action figure on ebay. Dad is going to start the bidding high so Mike's family gets the assistance they need. Dad worked about ten hours on this action figure, so whoever wins it will definitely be getting their moneys worth. Not only will the buyer be getting one cool toy, but the money will be used for a good cause.

Best of luck everyone!!"

To bid on this figure click here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300586608183

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:01:16 PM by darthdaddy »

Offline mr hoppers819

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 07:01:41 PM »
Great contest in memory of Mike!! Still can't believe that he's gone. RIP Mike..you'll be greatly missed

Here is my entry for the contest...
Gungan Sith Warrior

Sith Markings

Great entrys!! Can't wait to see more of them!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 07:10:43 PM »
Great entry Brian! I replied in your blog thred as well, you are doing some stellar work man!

hello hopper819, thanks for entering your awesome custome for out celebration of Michaels life! Very nice work.

Offline mr hoppers819

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 08:03:07 AM »
Great entry Brian! I replied in your blog thred as well, you are doing some stellar work man!

hello hopper819, thanks for entering your awesome custome for out celebration of Michaels life! Very nice work.
Thanks Luke Sprywalker! I'm honored to be apart of this.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 08:17:15 AM »
Incredible entries thus far! This contest was a great idea.

Offline Dirty Gloves

• Lighting Up Your Life
  • Ensign
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 01:34:10 PM »
Lord Infectum
As deadly with a light saber as he is with a blaster, Lord Infectum is a gifted tracker who specializes in finding his prey is some of the worst planetary environments imaginable. Always willing to sacrifice his body to the task at hand, he boasts a success rate that shakes the confidence of even the most gifted Jedi. As skilled as he is vicious, there is no where a Jedi can hide beyond the reach of  Infectum.

Sadly, my SW collection pales in comparison to my joe collection, so I had to use what I had to enter this contest. Having no red light sabers also posed a challenge but I was able to scratch build these with some clear plastic tubing, clear red paint and some joe sword hilts. He's made completely of g.i. joe parts but I still think he has a pretty cool sith vibe to him.

All of my customs in one convenient place ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/36398360@N05/

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 02:37:46 PM »
Wow! Awesome Cory!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 03:15:43 PM »
THIS IS MY ENTRY!

Some stellar bad@ss Sith Lords guys! I had been mulling over a new custom for a couple weeks. I wanted to create a Trandoshan/Saurin Sith Lord. And lo and behold I saw this awesome contest (thanks Spry!) and I knew that this was the perfect place to unveil the new figure. However, I still had to build him.

Using Bossk's head and Hrchek Kal Fas's hands (Bossk's don't pop off his body without damaging it, and his arms are waaaay too long). Next I knew that as a Sith and a Saurian (a double dose of bad@assery) he'd need a unique weapon. I was putting some things away in the barn when i found a broken Sandtrooper Electropole and a skull from an old Dalsim Streetfighter figure. Finding these two items set my imagination going in overdrive.

Before the rise of the Galactic Empire, Chask Ral Hnurr came of age in a Saurin Slaver clan, preying on the waeker species of the galaxy and selling them to the highest bidder on the black market. An exceptional tracker and possessing incredible skill with seemingly any form of weapon, Chask, it was apparent, would be the next leader of his clan. When the Saurin slave ship he served on attacked and disabled a Wookie transport freighter his crew mates prepared to make some easy credits. The unsuspecting Saurins boarded, not a Wookie craft at all, but a Sith Lord's Marauder transport that was broadcasting forged Wookie transponder codes in order to avoid detection. or perhaps to lure Jedi craft into their maw. Never the less the Saurin slavers were dead before the Sith Lord's saber met them in the airlock. Having remained behind during the raid, Chask suspected foul play when his comrades' comms fell silent one by one. He suited up, and proceeded cautiously through the ship only to find his crew mates' corpses littering the decks. They bore wounds unlike any he'd seen before--a powerful yet precise weapon had been used to dispose of the Saurins. It was on the bridge that the Sith Lord's apprentice got the drop on Chask. Or so she thought. He inhaled the acrid smell of charged ozone, "an energy weapon" he thought and then she was upon him. The apprentice, clad in a tight black catsuit, her dark hair hung limply in a loose ponytail. Wisps of black hair traipsed, wet with sweat, in her eyes. Her grimace was that of pure malice. Saurins, born predators, hunters, and trackers, had honed their battle hardened instincts for generations leaving little room for ego. They were unlike their Trandoshan cousins in that they were not possessed by the need for glory. Instead they pursued their foes with calm calculated tactics and derived their greatest pleasure from asserting their role as predators. Chask felt her bloodshot eyes piercing the back of his head. He heard the joints in her legs as they propelled her forward, her arms raised her saber above her head ready to strike. As if reaching out to catch a Krasss flyer--an insect delicacy native to the Saurin homeworld of Durkteel--Chask, in one fluid movement unsheathed a thin serrated blade and let his body fall backwards. before she could think to bring the glowing red blade down the Saurin fell back against her, toppling her to the deck, the momentum of his movements stealing any balance she may have had--any amount of focus. A single blossom grew from her chest--the hilt of Chask's blade,. As he regained his footing, Chask removed the blade from the human female's chest and cleaned it on the leg of his flight suit. His nostrils twitched as he picked up the scent, amid the blood and ozone, of a Devaronian standing over him. "Impressive. Most impressive. Such skill with a blade. And so strong in the force." Darth Lokus intoned with a sinister toothy Devaronian grin. Recognizing the dormant force powers within Chask, Darth Lokus made him his new apprentice, as was the right of the one who killed his former student, and began to hone Chask into a deadly razor sharp instrument of destruction. Chask would go on to learn all he could from Darth Lokus and kill his master in single combat. Thus becoming Darth Jurassus. As Darth Jurassus, Chask has slain thousands of beings and laid waste to countless towns on a hundred worlds. A being of pure dark power, he wields his Shi Ogama (Death Scythe) saber as he cuts a swath of death and destruction through the galaxy. He is one of the only Sith Lords to not be pursued by the Emperor or Lord Vader, he is considered to be too dangerous--a power on par with a natural disaster. He still carries many blades and daggers hidden on his person, as well as a standard lightsaber with a red blade and a hold-out blaster. In true hunter's fashion, Chask has affixed the helmets of some of his defeated foes to his Scythe. Among troopers, dngerous criminals, fugitives, slavers, Rebels, Imperials, Jedi, and Sith, he's even killed Mandalorians!

DSC_1896

DSC_1898

DSC_1899

DSC_1900

DSC_1901

I had a blast creating Darth Jurassus! The Death Scythe is proabably my favorite part. The helmets of his fallen foes, pierced and spiked onto it. He's one mean lizard man! Good luck to everyone! Can't wait to see what else you create!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:25:51 PM by ActionFigEmpire »

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 03:28:35 PM »
Wow, what great new entries!

A Gungan Sith? Outstanding!

Lord Infectum, over the top!

A Trandoshan Sith Lord is marvelous. I love this contest!

I really, really think Mike would have approved of all of these. Just outstanding work.