Author Topic: Echo Base Forums announces a SW Contest!  (Read 3260 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Echo Base Forums announces a SW Contest!
« on: May 20, 2011, 06:19:39 AM »
I have gotten in some messages from Mike Martinez (Mercury Art Studios on facebook) and David (Echo Base Forums) about a new contest they wanted us to invite you all to participate in. Here are the details:

Hey everybody!!

Mike Martinez a.k.a. Mercury Art Studios here! I’m throwing down a challenge to all customizers & artists around the web! The topic is STAR WARS, the greatest saga of all time! The theme of this contest is simple: customize something Star Wars! It can be a character from The Clone Wars series, the Prequel Trilogy, the Classic Trilogy, the Expanded Universe, and even original fan-fic characters! You can use anything for this contest, Dunnies, Mezits, Mighty Muggs, GI Joes, Marvel Universe, Marvel Legends, a Coca Cola bottle, a deodorant stick,  a cardboard box, an X-Box, a rock...the possibilities are endless!

CONTEST RULES & DETAILS

Judgment:   

*        Mike Martinez a.k.a Mercury Art Studios - I’m the judge!! LOL!!
*        Originality
*        Paint Applications
*        Sculpting (if any)
*        Combination of parts, parts used and materials
*        Artistic Expression
*           Five (5) winners will be selected for this contest.

Rules

*        Customized projects must be for this contest alone!
*        Previous customs used for other contests or posted on other sites will not be allowed. If you want to show off a previous custom please do so in our customizing threads. If you submit an old entry, your item will not be judged and you will be disqualified.
*        No picture stealing, this means browsing around for somebody else’s work, snaggin’ a couple pics and posting them to hustle!
*        Winners outside of the United States must pay S&H cost for items won! (unless stated otherwise)
*        Customs bought from other customizers are not allowed to be entered as your own.
*        Customs have to be Star Wars based!
*        Original fan-fic creations must be submitted with a small background story!
*        All customs must be submitted by July 31, 2011 @ 11:59 pm EST.
*        All submissions must be submitted at ECHO BASE NEWS under in this contest Thread .
*        Maximum submissions allowed: Three (3)
*        Pictures allowed per custom three (3)
*        Have fun! Feel free to contact me with any additional questions you may have. michaelm@echobaseforums.com
*        Prizes will be announced at Echo Base News & CAFN on June 30, 2011. Trust me, they will be worth it!!

Contest Launch Date: May 29, 2011
End Date: July 31, 2011

I am announcing this contest 2 weeks in advance so you can have an early start & extra time to work on your project(s) the goal to this contest is to have fun & help spread the word about this wonderful hobby & art-form.

The prizes will be worth the trouble and not to mention you get bragging rights!! Help spread the word!!

Thanks so much everybody and I am looking forward to your customs.

Mike Martinez

Mercury Art Studios.

Here is the Echo Base Link for those who want to participate. Remember, this is not an ISY Contest so if you have any questions or concerns please direct those to the appropriate folks over at EchoBaseForums.

It sounds like a fun contest and I have found the Echo Base Forum Folks to be super nice and it is great to just be part of a Star Wars Collecting Site Community and help them promote thier contest!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: Echo Base Forums announces a SW Contest!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 05:14:37 PM »
Already entered!!  Can't wait to see what everybody else does!!

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 07:48:59 AM »
I have a character planned for this competition. :D

Offline mercuryartstudios

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 08:11:06 AM »
4 prizes have been announced so far! All the entries have been absolutely wonderful i can't wait to see what else you guys come up with!

Mike

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 08:07:27 AM »
Ok folks I was just contacted by David from Echo Base News and this is what they have decided to do with the Mercury Art Studios Customizing Contest:

Full details can be found in the Echo Base Contest Thread

"Hello talented customizers!

I want to thank you for the wonderful support you’ve given this customizing challenge that our friend Mike had been running here in the Echo Base News forums. I know that he was very excited about this challenge and all of the entries that were being submitted by such awesome artists.

We’re going to keep this contest going and we hope to see a lot more entries! Mike always said that the goal of this challenge was to promote the hobby of Star Wars customizing and get people excited about it. We think keeping the contest going is the best way to continue that mission.

Our plan going forward is to ask any willing customizers to please donate the entries they have/will produce for this contest to Echo Base News. We are hoping to raise some funds for Mike’s fiancée and children by auctioning any customs you are willing to donate on eBay. It is very important to show Mike’s family some support during this tough time.

If you’d like to help, please consider donating your creations to Echo Base News. 100% of the proceeds from the eBay auctions will support Mike’s family. And I’m sure that the exceptional quality of all of these customs we’re seeing will make the auctions a huge success!

Thanks again for all of your support. Please send me any questions/comments directly either by PM here in the forums or email at davidd@echobaseforums.com.

I will continue to post updates here in this thread regarding this challenge and the auctions we're hoping to start some time in August.

MTFBWY!"