Author Topic: The Latest from Tunghori  (Read 98490 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: The Latest from Tunghori
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2019, 02:21:45 AM »
Cool deal, time to get that on the front pages.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2019, 03:01:23 AM »
By now I’m a little nervous. My last order from tunghori hasn’t arrived, yet. Usually it takes about 16 days for the tiny packages to get here. Well, five weeks have passed now - according to ebay the order should’ve arrived here by May 22.
I had almost contacted tunghori for support. But since there is no tracking, he probably cannot help me anyway.
This would be the first time of probably 40 orders from him that one might got lost on delivery...I don’t hope so. I was really looking forward to those TVC Lando Skiff Guard and Leia (Boushh) figures...
In the meantime I placed my next order, which was two weeks ago.
And today I found a notification from the mailman in my mailbox. There is a package from HongKong for me to pick up at the post office tomorrow. So which figures will it contain? I’m most curious.
I missed the guy by 6 minutes or so...otherwise I would already know.
I’ll let you know tomorrow! I hope it’s the order from April. It would be terrible if it got lost somewhere.

Meanwhile tunghori listed another General Grievous (ROTS Sneak Preview). Not the Legacy or even a new version, BUT Grievous is a sought after figure anyway. Plus he comes with two lightsabers and a blaster - for just $7.99.
First, he was listed for $8.99. a day later tunghori relisted him for a buck less - thanks!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 01:58:34 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2019, 03:11:27 AM »
Hello there!

Today I got good news, bad news and...more bad news!

The good news is: I picked up my package at the post office today and then I got it I realized it was quite heavy...could both orders be in there? At a weight of 192 g and an average weigt of a figure of 22 g, there could be about 8 figures in there...well, YakFace counts as one and a half...

So my latest order with 7 figures from May 10, 2019 arrived yesterday - and it comes with many surprises! My previous order from April 11, 2019 is missing. But that's not all...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 04:40:00 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2019, 03:40:28 AM »
So let's play "find the errors*!"

Here you can see some samples of Hasbro's latest milestone: photoreal technology for their 3 3/4" figures.

*amount of accessories is correct, so they're not included in pictures. thanks.

This time it's bad...and it get's worse...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2019, 03:52:32 AM »
Did you find all errors?

I count 4 (5):

TVC VC03 Han Solo (Echo Base Outfit)

updated repaint
- comes with fancy coat
- received (almost) photo-real technology
- comes exclusively with not one, but TWO left feet! The ultra rare variation you always wanted to add to your collection!
- nice dent in his belt's buckle
- special feature: that odd look in his gorgeous face!

TVC VC02 Leia (Hoth Outfit)

updated version of 2019

I was looking forward to getting her the most...she was my only hope... ???

Listen now to "B(r)ushes of Wrath" by Bad Paint Application!

Now, I agree with everyone who assumes that tunghori mostly sells facotory rejects! I've heard stories! About figures coming with two right thighs or two left hands...or even with reverse belts! I wanted to do a full review on mysterious tunghori anyway. It has never hit me that bad as it did today. I had some issues with single figures, but not with four out of seven!
And I think he did this on purpose. I asked him for a discount on shipping because I overpaid Saelt Marae and Klaatu by $9. That was before he reduced them to $13.99 each. Therefore I asked him for a $7 discount on shipping. He makes extra cash (big time!) on shipping anyways. So he gave me a discount of $4.
When you convert the shipping costs of HK Dollars into USD you'll see how much less he actually pays for shipping:
Shipping to Germany for this package was 57 HKD, that equals $7.84 - I was supposed to pay $11. And he does that with every single one of his hundreds and thousands of customers. He got almost 70,000 ratings so far! What a rip off.
So this time I'm not amused. Frankly I'm p%#§"/! By now he claims prices that even exceed the MRSP!! I wouldn't buy from him if these figures were available here in Germany. How much I dislike this exclusive policy from Hasbro. Distribution and case assortments are still a disaster in most regions accross the globe - even the U.S.! I think I'm gonna write Hasbro my latest local find with TVC Wave 1 still rotting on pegs with those awful ST characters. This post might qualify for my "Restoring Star Wars action figures" thread. And please, take everything you just read (if you even got here) with a grain of salt.  ;)

This post begins at Reply #106 on this page.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 03:40:41 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2019, 05:42:22 AM »
Wow, yeah. I keep thinking of the ogre from the Goonies. You know the one that liked Baby Ruths! Ugghhhh.....

Yeah, sometimes you don't win with the ole Tunghori. Needless to say these figures didn't look this bad in his sale images correct? You could open an eBay claim.

Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2019, 12:06:43 PM »
So I sent those pics to tunghori and he's going to send me the following parts as replacements:

- Leia's head
- Han Solo: complete figure
- missing part of Vader's mask
- body of stormtrooper Han (whatever this means? If he send me the figure without head and helmet, I could make a custom Stormtrooper with a resin cast helmet and another headsculpt - that's be neat)

I think that's a good solution. I also asked him about the order from back in April. He immediately agreed that it probably got lost on delivery - that's 5 figures worth $48 plus $9 shipping just gone. That never happened before. Very sad - I hope he can stil replace these figures...

- Philipp
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 12:10:07 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2019, 02:24:02 AM »
Glad to hear even Tunghori has some quality control. Hopefully you can get some resolution with your other order too. I wonder how many get lost with the volume this seller sends?

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2019, 03:01:45 PM »
And here they are: two figures of the latest wave for The Vintage Collection:

- VC139 Lando Calrissian
- VC142 Captain Phasma

Now, I don’t know if tunghori also listed the other three figures: Stormtrooper, Snoke‘s Guard and Chewbacca. I’ll keep my eyes open once he relists them...

He also got Jabba‘s Protocol Droid TC-70 from the cancelled Legacy Collection II in stock. So if you miss this B-A-D figure, here’s your chance!

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5575055288&toolid=10001&campid=5337373868&customid=&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fm.html%3Fitem%3D372649624262%26nordt%3Dtrue%26nma%3Dtrue%26orig_cvip%3Dtrue%26si%3DKsBg28Rke%25252FBg8aw2SGSVidR4lm4%25253D%26_ssn%3Dtunghori%26_sop%3D10
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:38:00 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2019, 06:25:40 AM »
I always like hearing what Tunghori is up to. Thanks for the update, off to share.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2019, 01:00:05 AM »
I’m glad to hear that Tamer! I keep watching tunghori on a daily basis, indeed. At the moment I visit his store hourly because he listed the TVC VC140 Stormtrooper! I was so looking forward to this and was lucky enough to at least see the auction - and the price! It’s $15.99. The listing ended right in the second I hit the icon to buy it - it seems to sell out in seconds also because JTA was already alerted.

Also Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian and Phasma of this Wave are still available. Also the Scarif Trooper of the previous wave. They keep going in and out of stock, too. Let’s hope tunghori got enough units of all of them - especially of the Stormtrooper.
Crazy times have come - in a good way. This iconic army-builder brought back the hype. It’s real again. Some people have already gotten 50 or more of them - spent more money on solid cases than they did on their Sail Barge!! I would be happy to even get one...

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2019, 07:48:24 AM »
I need to pick me up one of those Stormtroopers myself. I can see folks really army building those.

Off to share your news.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2019, 09:24:57 AM »
I keep my fingers crossed for you and hope you’ll find and get as many as you want of this excellent figure!
As far as I can estimate, tunghori must have relisted VC140 about 5 or 6 times so far - and they do sell within seconds. I don’t know if people buy all 19 of each listing or what. Anyway I asked tunghori if he still got some units left. I’m waiting for his reply. So far he sold about 100 units for $15.99 each - nice salary for just one type of supposed factory rejects.

He also offers Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise for 2 bucks less. It’s $16.99, now.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2019, 10:28:10 PM »
tunghori got the latest wave of The Vintage Collection figures. VC140 Stormtrooper is currently out of stock though.