Author Topic: Lucasclones and Tamer start Podcasting!  (Read 61398 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Lucasclones and Tamer start Podcasting!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 02:08:55 PM »
finally got some time today to listen to this while I was working on parts orders. Just brilliant! You guys covered alot and still barely scratched the surface, it seems.
Can't wait to hear the next broadcast and to star in one. I would love to be able to talk to both of you at once for one. May have to set up a three way call with the voice recording capabilities of my phone or something. I know that skype has a week trial of conference video calling for free. that could be one option.

Good job, Shawn and Chad!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 02:49:18 PM »
Now we haven't tried it yet, but Chad and I found out that Skype will allow you to have a multi-person phone call. What do you guys think about a customizing roundtable for a podcast one occasion with topics you guys create to talk about?

Ofcourse our ultimate goal, if I can speak for Chad, is to get everyone of you great customizers on there to just highlight your great work and to get your take on things in the customizing verse period and perhaps share a tip or trick here and there. We are also very open to talk about topics of your choice too.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 06:18:21 PM »
That got 'er for me, Shawn!  Now I'll be able to listen to it on my player while out on my 3-mile forced march!  ;D  (my wife, the health-nut slave driver...)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 10:33:35 AM »

Oh we plan to do more. I bet you just might be the topic of conversation one podcast! I aim to feature all the good one here.

I would love to interview you about your great creations and those great recards you do.

That would be great.
I wish my english would be better. I guess my vocabulary is only enough for a 10-minute interview.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 11:10:46 AM »
...I know some *native* English-speakers like that...   :P

;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 01:38:23 PM »

;D

LOL! Yepper, I am one of them.

Christoph I would definitely like to try and get a phone call in and I am sure we could edit out anything you didn't like.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 04:15:49 AM »
Update:  After a week of cussing and frustration I finally got the podcast posted to Itunes!! You can go to Itunes to subscribe now.  Go to podcasts and search for Custom action figure news and then hit the subscribe for free button and then it will automatically download the most recent post.  I think I have all the bugs ironed out now and as long as our archive site behaves I should be able to posts the shows a day or so after we air.

We are doing a new show this week!!  We will have our first guest customizer.  Wonder who it will be...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 05:53:43 AM »
Way to go Chad. I figured you would apply yourself to that the same way you did to figuring out podcasting.

By the way folks, if you hit the rss button off the podcasting page you can get auto updates by subscribing there too. I plan on getting all of the podcasts loaded on the Shipyards page, but if you like messages about new material that is just another option. We are trying to make this as easy as possible so you can have as much fun it as we are.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 11:47:06 AM »

;D

LOL! Yepper, I am one of them.

Christoph I would definitely like to try and get a phone call in and I am sure we could edit out anything you didn't like.

I would like to try. 
However, I like to give someone else the advantage who speaks better english.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 03:33:11 PM »
Well now we are definitely gonna have every one of our great Yarders on there Christoph so no need to worry about that. And there are also ways to interview you besides just a straight phone call (I could email you some questions and then have Chad or someone of your choice read the answers), but I am sure your English would be fine.

Remember guys the whole message of this is to share the love of customization and the new toys we all love. I am not worried about the English (listen to me for example) as I stink at the language part too. I think you guys are just great artists and have created some over the top items I want to get the word out on and there are thousands of folks just like us out there who I believe will just love this.  You wouldn't believe the great feedback I have already recieved.

If you told me four years ago that I would every do a daggone youtube video or start doing a radio broadcast about this stuff I would asked you what pills you were taking.  Chad and I are just getting started, but I had the most fun I have had in awhile just talking with another person who loved SW just like me. I think this is gonna get contagious and we can all talk about this stuff.  You folks and your Custom Artwork (whether it be figs, vehicles, graphics, fiction, dioramas, etc.) are well deserving, enough to make me get over my hangups to try and promote you.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 04:08:45 AM »
Well you can start your day listening to me and Chad talk toys and see what Clonhead had to tell us about his great customs. Thanks for the interview Clint, it was great!

The link is up on the front page and the Official Podcasting Page and Chad is updating the RSS for the ITunes folks.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 07:14:27 AM »
Very nice group effort guys and I was glad to see Clint be the first customizer interviewed. I really enjoyed this episode hearing Clint's thought processes and some history on the legend. You can also feel the point where everyone gets more comfortable and it is just a cool laid back conversation where you guys have a great time interacting together. I also enjoyed the GI Joe part, I too have been picking them up for the last 2 years. Awesome job all around and this was a great idea Chad!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 07:53:32 AM »
Just finished listening to this; a very interesting listen, with plenty of insights into the processes behind some of the Shipyards' best and brightest. I'd definately agree with LS on the enjoyability that stems from how laid back and casual the conversation is; more often than not podcasts (particularly ones just starting out) feel too bound by whatever agenda or notes they've prepared, but you guys let it flow naturally from one topic to another.

Excellent job all round, folks, and I look forward to the next edition!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 09:08:01 AM »
Well now we are definitely gonna have every one of our great Yarders on there Christoph so no need to worry about that. And there are also ways to interview you besides just a straight phone call (I could email you some questions and then have Chad or someone of your choice read the answers), but I am sure your English would be fine.

another great interview gentlemen
the conversation was very interesting and Clint was a great guest

Shawn: email is a good idea (I am helpless without a dictionary  :-X) if it is not too much work for you

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 09:22:04 AM »
No work at all Christoph. For all of you that will let us interview you, we will email or pm you some questions at least a week or so beforehand and we promise we won't blinside you.

The way I see it, I want you guys to think of these podcasts as yours too and we want to get you all one and talk about topics you want.

Sorry we didn't get to the TCW show Rich, we were planning on it, but that hour got away from us quick! We will definitely do that next time.

Kualan thank you for your comments, we do have a basic outline, but as you saw we don't necassarily stick to it. I hope we can do a custom graphics episode and get you, Jules, VA, and Stefan on there to talk about your graphics and associated projects.

L.E. thank you as well, we did get more comfortable this time and the Joe stuff, and any line for that matter, is fair game for a podcast.