Author Topic: Lucasclones and Tamer start Podcasting!  (Read 61393 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Lucasclones and Tamer start Podcasting!
« on: February 25, 2011, 05:38:07 AM »
Well we did our first one last night and had a blast. It is now on the front page and we will archive them all here:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/podcasts/index.html

We are trying to share news and information about customizing and talk about things along those lines. I wanted to make this thread for you to share your comments about what you think, what you would like to see us talk about, or any possible guests for these podcasts.

We are still in the formative stages and getting all the "kinks" ironed out, but we will get more polished as we go. My aim is to simply feature and talk about all the great customizers we have here at the Yards and hopefully convince a few of you every now and then to perhaps make a special appearance to share your thoughts on your customs and how you did certain things.

Thanks in advance for your support and let us know what you think. Lucasclones has worked his tail off to ensure this happened! Way to go Chad! I also want to thank Hangarbay94 for creating such great sig banners for us that I chopped up to make us a great Podcasting Banner. If you click it (above) it should also take you to the Podcasting Home Page.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:50:46 AM by Tamer »

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Re: Lucasclones and Tamer start Podcasting!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 10:08:21 AM »
a very nice conversation gentlemen
you have raised some interesting points

I hope for a continuation

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 11:33:02 AM »
the RSS button gave me a screen full of code...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 01:26:47 PM »

the RSS button gave me a screen full of code...

That RSS stuff is frying my brain. I will work on it. It is bascially a feed that should automatically let you know when we do another one.

I am glad you guys like it. Be sure to let us know what you would like to hear discussed as well!

Oh we plan to do more. I bet you just might be the topic of conversation one podcast! I aim to feature all the good one here.

I would love to interview you about your great creations and those great recards you do.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 01:32:33 PM »
Very nice addition! Great podcast guys. I would like to see some of the customizers I first met by joining here Hangerbay94, Clonehead, Fialiaferenbrug and Wraithnine.

Offline darknsour

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »
I thought it was great!!!

I would love guests of fellow customizers and hear tips and tricks!!!

Great job guy's can't wait for the next one!!!

Rich

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 09:34:32 PM »

I Would love to talk to you as well about your dioramas, customs and other projects!  We could plug your Youtube vids as well!

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 09:35:54 PM »
I thought it was great!!!

I would love guests of fellow customizers and hear tips and tricks!!!

Great job guy's can't wait for the next one!!!

Rich

Thanks Rich!  the feedback is very much appreciated!

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 03:38:47 PM »
As I've already said to Tamer - I really enjoyed this! The hour flew by, I was surprised afterwards to see that it was as long as it really was! And it was cool to have a shout-out for Tales From The Clone Wars.

Looking forward to the next edition.

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
  • "A comMAHND post for the EMpiah!"
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 07:48:34 PM »
I listened and I really like it.  You guys did a great job. I'm sure it will keep getting better and better. 

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 02:57:53 AM »
hey, thats pretty cool, I very much like the idea and enjoyed the first episodes. It was a good start introducing the idea behind customs!
to be honest first I thought "why listen to it", English is not my mothers tongue so I feared that I would not be able to follow your words, but hey, you talked loud and clear, not to fast and it was easy to hang on.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 05:45:41 AM »
As I've already said to Tamer - I really enjoyed this! The hour flew by, I was surprised afterwards to see that it was as long as it really was! And it was cool to have a shout-out for Tales From The Clone Wars.Looking forward to the next edition.

Glad you enjoyed it. I have gotta remember the names of your characters though!

I listened and I really like it.  You guys did a great job. I'm sure it will keep getting better and better.  

Thanks guy, that is high praise coming from you. I bet the word Psyclone might happened to get mentioned a few times on future podcasts too. I can't wait to talk about your scratch builds.

hey, thats pretty cool, I very much like the idea and enjoyed the first episodes. It was a good start introducing the idea behind customs!
to be honest first I thought "why listen to it", English is not my mothers tongue so I feared that I would not be able to follow your words, but hey, you talked loud and clear, not to fast and it was easy to hang on.

Wow Stefan, you were able to understand us? Cool deal, I can't even understand myself sometimes. Perhaps Chad and I will have to learn some German and give you guys some reciprocity. Chad, you get to learn it first and then I will. 8)

We really appreciate the comments folks. I would also like to give a shout out to both of our families for letting us drive them nuts for the week leading up to the first podcast while Chad and I worked out the many issues this takes. Our wives must be Saints! Chad's has already agreed to let him have every other week so we can keep this up in a bi-weekly format. As soon as I can get a high speed connection we may switch to weekly.

That being said, let us know what you would like to talk about next time. I know Rich already put in a plug for us to talk about TCW TV show a bit so I aim to do that, but if there is something specific you would like for us to highlight we are but a pm or an email away. I am already ready to do a new one thanks to comments like these!

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 06:52:51 AM »
I want to second Tamer in saying, again, thank you for the feedback!  You all have been so positive and encouraging and that is in keeping with the spirit of this forum!

I hope to eventually have this as a weekly thing as well.  I am also thankful to mine and Tamer's wife.  My wife saw this coming and has been very patient and I know Tamer's has been too.  I have so many ideas for this show it is tough to get them all down in my note.  I heartily encourage any of you to contact me or Tamer with any of your ideas.  I want you all to think of this as something you can participate in and is interactive for you not just that you sit back and listen to. 

Stefan I am glad you could understand us easily!  I am going to the bookstore for my English-German dictionary now!

As is Tamer I am excited for the next show and hope to make it better each time!
Thanks again,
Chad

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 11:29:50 AM »
My connection hates the podcast.  :p  Also, is there a way to download it so I can put it on my mp3 player to listen to while out walking?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 01:36:28 PM »
My connection hates the podcast.  :p  Also, is there a way to download it so I can put it on my mp3 player to listen to while out walking?

Here you go, try this.

http://www.archive.org/details/CAFN1stpodcast