Author Topic: Screaming Samurai Studio Custom Stash.  (Read 27672 times)

Offline ScreamingSamuraiStudio

• Lieutenant
Screaming Samurai Studio Custom Stash.
« on: November 26, 2010, 01:19:02 PM »
Greetings Everyone,
   My name is Mike, and I am an Artist living in Texas. I work in my spare time on comics na dmodels and recently just got into a kick about doing all of my older Hasbro Star Wars vehicles. I want to thank a couple of members for unknowingly leading me here from Youtube where i post some vlogs on my works in progress.
  I'd like to say I'm glad to know I'm not alone in making these Hasbro vehicles look a little better with some spit and some paint. But I've just returned to finishing off this one today, but this is the first one that got me digging back into the old collection I had going back in the nineties.
  The backstory for this one, is that this guy is from the Black-Eye Squad out of Dantooine. This guy isn't the best pilot in the galaxy, but he seems to come back home every time, but not for lack of trying to go out in a Blaze of Glory.

Here's a look at the kills...notice the Bird of Prey and the Enterprise

Today, I re-worked the lights and got rid of the dull radio shack LEDs. They're good for some projects, but when you need some bright intensity..christmas LEDs are the best. These were virtually invisible in normal light before but now can be seen..

and last but not least..

Anyway, that's it for now. I have some more to post on the classic SnowSpeeder from The Empire Strikes Back.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:08:42 PM by ScreamingSamuraiStudio »

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
Re: Custom Painted Vehicles by Screaming Samurai Studio
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 01:28:11 PM »
Woooow and Wooooow :o :o :o :o :o :o man, Greetings from Argentina my good man, this is one of the best jobs i have ever seen, Welcome to the yards and i hope to see more of your amazing work!!!

The detail is incredible, the lights re the best man!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 01:32:34 PM »
absolutly fantastic paintjob, representing extreme weathering very realistic. I like the first composite a lot, great angle/POV and action and I see you have a good sense of humor :)
welcome to the yards, Mike. Hoep to see a lot more ;)

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 01:32:51 PM »
.......  :o
those are effin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 01:51:35 PM »
mate that is absolutley   AWESOME!   love it   fanbloodytastic! 

welcome to the yards
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 02:00:42 PM »
First and foremost, welcome to the 'Yards.  Secondly, HOLY MOTHER LOVING COW!  That's more than just a retooling, it's not even an overhaul!  That's a complete makeover, and I don't even think THAT'S the word I'm looking for!  Excellent, most excellent.

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 02:28:04 PM »
Wow,
   Hey thanks for the quick responses to this thread.
  I've got one more for you today..Again, this is something I've finished a few weeks ago already. I found this early nineties release of the SnowSpeeder out in the garage and decided to re-work this one. I darkened up the base color and went with the gray stripe along the front and back of the engine blocks.
  I also moved the the cockpit bucket up about half an inch to bring Dak out into the open a little. I also plan to finish off a small Echo Base Dio for my shelf around this so I have an assortment of Hoth figures for that as well.
  Again, thanks for all of the kind words and look forward to posting here more often. I have a few of these sitting on my bench..another A-Wing, a B-Wing...bashing an X-Wing to fit a figure, and Arc-170 and a couple of Jedi Fighters as well..
  Here are the promised SnowSpeeder pics for you..

Just snapped this one before posting..

And the vanity pic..

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 02:29:59 PM »
oh man  i do love OT vehicles    and that is wicked my friend
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline RedLeaderOne (00fire501)

• Star Wars YouTuber
  • Commander
  • I Love Talking Star Wars
    • Star Wars RedLeaderOne YouTube
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 03:02:43 PM »
Great job mate they look awesome.  :o :o

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 03:51:53 PM »
Scremaing Samurai, as someone who regularly customises vehicles I am very impressed with this, your first post.

WHAT A SUPERB A-Wing! the LED's  transform the vehicle into something beyond awesome, it really is one f the best custom examples I've seen. I love the colour scheme and the back story about the pilot made me chuckle!

A very warm welcome to the Yards, I hope you stick around!

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 05:27:35 PM »
ITs amazing man!!!!!!!!

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 06:53:35 PM »
Hey there, Hangar
  I just wanted to say thanks for those words you dropped on me.
  And again for everyone else who has taken the time to say something here. I'm still looking around all of the forums here to see what's been going on. And I even got up off my butt today and went to the bench again to blow the dust off of some long neglected projects and some that just haven't gotten off the ground yet.
  I've decided to repaint a Naboo Fighter I've been working on. I went with the standard yellow and i thought it might look better with a sky blue metallic finish. I also took apart my B-Wing for priming and painting, and also got moving further along on the other A-Wing here.
  Anyway, before I'm done for the night, I snapped a couple of pics of the cockpit tub for the A-Wing. I still haven't begun to lace any of the fiber optics through, but there won't be quite as many as the previous version. And I've also started on scribing in the panel lines back in after sanding down the raised lines. You can fit an X-Wing and two Tie Fighters down the trenches I carved in on the first one, so I won't be going as  nuts this time around for sure. Lessons learned on the first one.
  Hopefully, this time around I don't have to go for such a beat up look to it.

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 09:50:46 AM »
amazing customs
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 10:07:56 AM »
Holy Screaming Samurai! What an amazing thread you have started here! The B-Wing is off the freakin' chain man! That color scheme is very inventive and one I have never seen used before. The heavy weathering is perfect! That isn't an easy task either. Most times you see weathering that heavy it doesn't look realistic, your techniques have really pulled it off to the point that it look real and very well done, layer after layer, battle after battle, very convincing. The LED's are awesome and add even more realistic qualities to your vehicle. Man I wish I knew how to do that! Then you give us the composit shot with a little heat on his tail to totally blow our mind!

The Snow speeder looks fantastic! I love all the details you drought out with a better paint job and the light weathering. So you moved the seat forward huh? Could you tell us how you did that? any comparison or WIP pics for us? The effect is great now that you can see Dak back there waiting to get fried. Very well done and this is something I would like to do on one of mine. Very well done!

The Naboo fighter cockpit is looking sweet and thanks for the progress shots. I love WIP pics to show all the work you have done so please keep them coming!

Lastly, Welcome to the yards! I hope you will be here for a while and continue sharing your work with us.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 10:35:59 AM »
b-wing ??