Author Topic: Vintage 2010 BAT-AT!  (Read 32872 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Vintage 2010 BAT-AT!
« on: February 14, 2010, 04:55:07 PM »

I have confirmed rumors that this will come in two boxes. One in the regular Clone Wars deco we have seen pictures of and one in a vintage style box that will be exclusive to toysrus. Not sure many of us will buy the regular deco one if we can get a vintage style!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Vintage 2010 BAT-AT!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 05:30:08 PM »
I tell ya, I'm am now torn: I HAVE to have one opened.  But I ALSO want one in the vintage style box just to hold on to.  But do I REALLY want to spend $200 on them?  Or should I wait it out until TRU puts them at $49.99 like they did with the AT-TE?

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 05:44:34 PM »
i guess the real question you have to ask your self is.. are you willing to risk waiting for it to go on clearance? they could be sold out before you know it!!

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 06:00:24 PM »
I'll be getting it,   I am sure that these will hit clearance someplace,   The BMF did so I would think that Hasbro will employ the same market saturation to recoup the new tooling costs they like to talk about.. I will get one when I see it the first time, but that's nto to say I won't buy an extra if they do go on sale.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 06:38:20 PM »
I was skeptical at first whether or not I would be purchasing this.  The more I look at it, the more I'm liking it.  If I could change one thing, I'd make the guns located at the sides of the head less bulky.  I realize this is a toy; but those guns in particular look a bit too toyish.  Pity Hasbro doesn't do something similar to what was done for the chin guns on the AT-ST.

Offline RedLeaderOne (00fire501)

• Star Wars YouTuber
  • Commander
  • I Love Talking Star Wars
    • Star Wars RedLeaderOne YouTube
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 03:56:56 AM »
I cant wait until I get my hands on that thing. :) :)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 06:53:04 AM »
Seen this youtube video of the atat in action on rebelscum's front page, this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqqempb9dbk&feature=player_embedded

Here is the embed code, Shawn, if you want it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 07:45:12 AM »
Thanks to rebelscum for these toyfair images

from the one side shot, It appears that the lower side panel only opens on one side. i am not sure what function those rear side hatches serve. The dual function of the newly located t-handle is interesting and innovative but I wish they would have hid it's closed appearance a little better. I notice that you can see through the head's front window. This thing looks really cool but the head still appears a bit bulky, to me. It could have benefitted with an een bigger body. That being said, I will have to have one the day that it comes out. The launching mechanism of the speeder bike does seem a bit wonky. Why not have it facing the opposite direction and just have the loading platform slowly deploy rather than shooting out backwards.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 10:28:50 AM »
Our Imperial Spies have sent us some shots of this too. I just need more time in the day so I can get em up on webpages and posted here.

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 10:38:37 AM »
will definitely be getting one regular version to open and one vintage version to keep boxed. maybe more.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 11:21:07 AM »
Toys R Us stores in my area have a tendency for inflated prices.  I wonder how much more they'll try to get for the exclusive vintage packaging.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 03:32:58 PM »
OMG! High Rez baby!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 11:07:58 PM »
pros:
plenty of play features
added bonus of included speeder bike
included driver
lights and sounds aplenty
ropes/cables for snowtroopers AND luke
head handle thingie

cons:
head is too large
body is too small
ejecting speeder bike is pointless, a slower deployment meconism would have been smarter...
COST

pretty much sums it up... if I can get one on clearance I think I would probably try and reconstruct the body of it so that it'd be larger and more accurate...  if I can't find one on clearance, I'll manage without it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 06:10:49 AM »
Yeah we knew it wasn't gonna be totally accurate, there was just no way. I kinda wish they had went with a smaller head that didn't fit as many figures to make it more screen accurate, but compared to the other walkers I have this one looks like a major improvement. I will have both box styles and at least one to open and if they hit clearance probably more.

Devin, I would love to see you build a bigger body for this thing.

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
  • "A comMAHND post for the EMpiah!"
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 11:40:13 AM »
It's not perfect but I like it and will pick one up for sure. I may have to do a little redecorating though.  BTW, what is the street date on this thing?