Author Topic: spudafett's vehicles (last update: mando speeder video!!!)  (Read 86346 times)

Offline bobby-brazil

• Ensign
  • I made a few modifications my self
Re: spudafett's vehicles (last update: royal guard tie interceptor)
« Reply #420 on: July 18, 2010, 05:47:49 AM »
Love the pilot great job

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #421 on: July 19, 2010, 12:22:31 PM »
Devin, I love that helmet mod!!!! I think the pilot turned out fine and the ship looks quite minty.
  Whenever I upload my pics to flickr, they have a decent editing program available that would allow you to minipulate pics with any lighting issues fairly quickly.

Looks good, buddy.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #422 on: July 21, 2010, 07:18:31 PM »
Spuda, that last custom is simply stunning. It is my favourite of all your customs I've seen so far. The pilot is just something else and makes the whole set really extraordinary.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #423 on: July 21, 2010, 09:19:41 PM »
Spuda, that last custom is simply stunning. It is my favourite of all your customs I've seen so far. The pilot is just something else and makes the whole set really extraordinary.

you realy think it's the best one out of ALL my customs?... huh...  I think it's the worst (at least of the ones I've done lately).  I guess I'm my own worst critic.   

for instance, you can't see it in the images but I accidentally spray painted the top half of the interior of the cockpit red because I didn't mask it off like I meant to (derp!...), the black lining around the edges of the panels is pretty sloppy because I didn't want to risk messing it up by masking it off incorectly and using spray paint so I hand painted the black on after spraying the entire thing red...  I don't like the color I used for the weapons, I should have used a darker black/silver mix and not that greyish gunmetal mix I used....

and don't even get me started on the pilot figure... lol

I will have to say I do like the general look of the tie itself, It's something I've been wanting to paint up for a long time and I'm glad I've got it out of my system.  It'll look good sitting on the shelf next to my baron fel tie interceptor and my target red viewport tie.

but still... the best custom I've ever done.... idk...   If I had to pick vehicle whise I'd probably pick the x-wing/viper crossover fighter I did a while back as my best vehicle custom to date (that is specifically star wars). 

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #424 on: July 23, 2010, 05:59:16 AM »
Spuda, the images you've shown must hide the truth then...but I just love this concept. I love things with figures to match, and this really is classy.

Perhaps I will retract my previous statement and re-phrase. It is one hell of a great job!!!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #425 on: July 25, 2010, 10:27:59 AM »
Spuda, the images you've shown must hide the truth then...but I just love this concept. I love things with figures to match, and this really is classy.

Perhaps I will retract my previous statement and re-phrase. It is one hell of a great job!!!

i guess I am my own worst critic when it comes to this kind of thing.  I personally just don't think it came out like I saw it in my head, and you all, not being able to see what my minds eye saw in the conception of this project have the ability to appreciate it more I think...

Like I said, knowing what I WANTED in my mind and seeing what I wound up making I feel like the figure is almost a complete failure...  I realy do like the way the ship came out (I just wish I hadn't painted over the interior of the cockpit's upper half...)

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #426 on: July 31, 2010, 07:18:43 AM »
I guess that's what happens when you are a perfectionist...It's not good when a project ends like that...

I however still think the concept is great and the ensemble really is eye catching.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #427 on: July 31, 2010, 07:30:47 AM »
rex lewis the doctor chest is a very good idea for that custom , very good and the tie . if you make another ill fall of my chair and kill myself its that good ( im jealous )  ;)

Offline gwest

• Lieutenant
« Reply #428 on: August 04, 2010, 01:47:45 PM »
Spudafett

I must say, I really like the Royal Tie Intercepter, however, I really love the pilot!

I love how you created the helmet!!!

I read on another posting that you were wanting to get a HISS tank?  I've got a couple of them, just collecting dust.  If you are interested in them, let me know.  I am willing to trade.  Contact me if you are interested.

Gwest

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #429 on: August 06, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »
I took the avatar gunship and popped out the side panels on the inside of the cockpit allowing for enough room for a joe to sit inside...
then I weathered it, and applied some ROC decals...

enjoy:

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
Re: spudafett's vehicles (last update: avatar gunship)
« Reply #430 on: August 06, 2010, 01:56:59 PM »
thats a great gunship man!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #431 on: August 06, 2010, 02:17:55 PM »
Looks sharp, Devin.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #432 on: August 06, 2010, 03:45:51 PM »
I love it, Devin! That turned out slick. Kinda kicking my self because I passed up on one of these.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #433 on: August 06, 2010, 07:25:49 PM »
Nice work. I have one of these and the Amp suit both were $10 ea. I could not pass that up! I may do the same with mine rather than moding it into a SW ship. I like what you have done here.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #434 on: August 08, 2010, 12:27:38 AM »
pure .... coolness