Author Topic: spudafett's vehicles (last update: mando speeder video!!!)  (Read 84326 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
spudafett's vehicles (last update: mando speeder video!!!)
« on: October 01, 2009, 05:50:49 PM »
I know I've posted most of these before in my previous thread, but... since we have a new section I thought I'd go through and repost all my custom vehicles.

I'll try to keep this as organized as I can with each vehicle posted in a seperate post in this thread...  this may take me a few days to get everything up too, so keep checking the thread.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 06:25:32 AM by spudafett »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: spudafett's custom vehicles
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 05:58:12 PM »
first up is my custom from scratch AT-PT.  I fell in love with this vehicle when I was in middle school and got my fist coppy of the "essential guide to star wars vehicles and vessles."  I was obsessed back then (like I'm not now) and did countless concept sketches of my own shadowing what I saw in my guidbook...

anyway, enough nastalgia, here is the AT-PT from scratch.

I only used sheet styrene, cardstock, and a couple lego technic parts and alot of superglue to create this monstrosity...
I know it looks pretty horrible now that I look back on it... I will probably revisit this custom and repaint it and add some greeblie details to it.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 06:06:34 PM »
next is a realy early custom I did.  This is just a darth maul sith speeder with some added greeblies...  I was trying to make a speeder for boba fett that he could use to cary extra jetpacks and equipment on...  I never finished this one and it's sitting in my fodder box now...

not at all my best custom...I've removed everything I added to it since then and have been meaning to do something different with that speeder.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 06:07:53 PM »
heh... not realy a vehicle per se, but I guess it qualifies. 

"spider fett"

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 06:09:47 PM »
The kidos have been in cub scouts for two years in a row now and I've had the priviledge of helping them make their pinewood derby cars.  These arn't star wars customs but they are still "customs" in my mind. 

in each car they came up with the design ideas and I did the dremeling and most of the painting. 

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 06:11:44 PM »
classic collonial viper from scratch in action fleet scale:

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 06:13:24 PM »
another early and yet unfinished custom...  this time it's the LAAT/c in action fleet scale.  I got the action fleet atte and wanted something to carry it without having to buy another hellishly expensive gunship and chop it up...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 06:15:24 PM »
custom painted snap tight atst

"shadow atst"

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 06:18:21 PM »
This is my "rogue geonosian" custom figure with a chap mei beetle for his trusty steed.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 06:30:12 PM »
this is probably one of my favorite ship customs I've done.  Everyone's favorite jedi starfighter...

this time though it's several years into the imperial era... underground race circuits are cropping up everywhere.  Driven by crime lords hungry for the bet money young pilots trick out old starships and create some of the fastest and most dangerous ships in the galaxy.  In a race where not only speed but weopons and self defense is necessary the winner of the race is usually the last person alive!  Experienced raceship pilots usually get drafted into the smuggling rings as runners, evading not only competition but imperial entanglements...

lol ok enough crappy backstory...

again... not my best custom... but I realy like the concept.  The pilot, a mutt figure with extra junk added on, has since been dismantled for other projects.  The astromech was just a stand in... 

I did open up the astromech socket so that an actual droid figure could fit in it though, that's probably the best thing about this one.  The wings were messed up to begin with so I had to improvise with them and glued down the bottom ones and let the top ones flap freely... the spring mechanism was busted when I got the ship.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 06:34:13 PM »
this was my first from scratch speeder bike.  All that was used in the making of this bike was layers of sheet styrene glued together and then dremeled into the shape it is in now.  The handlebars are just bent nails.

this was a bike made especially for my scarlett gi-joe figure turned mandalorian.

I've been wanting to do another of these but never got around to it... thought about doing this type of speeder for the custom speeder contest but alas, I did something different for it too...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 06:39:39 PM »
next is another unfinished wip...
I'm beginning to see an unsettling pattern with my vehicle customs...

this one was supposed to be a two seater y-wing based off of the depiction of the y-wing in the holiday special cartoon...

unfourtunately I couldn't get it to be quite as spacious as the cartoon depicted it...  you have to know your wingmate pretty good before you crawl into this thing with him!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 06:43:18 PM »
transforming swoop droid:

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 06:51:01 PM »
one of my favorites... the republic fighter tank

"Forrested Terrain Fighter Tank, FT-FT"

I've been thinking about going back to this one and redoing it's camo scheme... I wanted it to resemble the kashyyyk trooper camo but be a different color combo... it just didn't come out like I wanted it too.  the brush strokes look to much like... well... brushstrokes.  Unfourtunately I don't have the steady hand nor the patience that the uber camo painters like clonehead have!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 06:52:43 PM »
of course I've got the speeders... you guys know that:

probably all but a few of these bikes will wind up being customs, some already have become customs...

the zepher-g bikes will not even be touched though!