Author Topic: spudafett's vehicles (last update: mando speeder video!!!)  (Read 86331 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: spudafett's vehicles (last update: police speeder and swoop)
« Reply #390 on: May 03, 2010, 11:34:58 AM »
thanks for the FP treatment guys. 

As HB so elegently put it, this was a very simple design and build.  and an even easier paint job...  The hardest part of these is taking the original bike apart without breaking something that you don't want to break...

Offline CaptainMountie

• Cadet
  • The customizer from the North!
« Reply #391 on: May 03, 2010, 05:03:03 PM »
I like it.... I may have to look for some bikes now!

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #392 on: May 03, 2010, 06:46:43 PM »
awesome new bikes, cant wait to see the new ones!

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #393 on: May 04, 2010, 09:36:24 PM »
First off, your Desert Speeder: very awesome! I especially love the back end, it looks like it's nice and packed with gear. That little silver and red bike on page 25 looks a bit odd, though... like the fork with the steering vanes is coming out of the wrong part of the nose area... I think if it were more in line with the handlebars it would look better, but the rest of the bike is good. Your police speeder looks good but it looks more like a bike than a motorcycle, you should kinda bulk it up a bit! I really love that red kawasaki bike on pg 26, but those steering vanes look unfinished! You need to give them some detail, like your desert speeder. Time to Knock it Up a Notch, Bam!

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
« Reply #394 on: May 08, 2010, 08:46:08 AM »
i really like how you amde the bike into a swoop. :)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #395 on: May 09, 2010, 08:55:02 AM »
First off, your Desert Speeder: very awesome! I especially love the back end, it looks like it's nice and packed with gear. That little silver and red bike on page 25 looks a bit odd, though... like the fork with the steering vanes is coming out of the wrong part of the nose area... I think if it were more in line with the handlebars it would look better, but the rest of the bike is good. Your police speeder looks good but it looks more like a bike than a motorcycle, you should kinda bulk it up a bit! I really love that red kawasaki bike on pg 26, but those steering vanes look unfinished! You need to give them some detail, like your desert speeder. Time to Knock it Up a Notch, Bam!

great comments.  I put alot more effort into that desert speeder (and it was already a speeder bike to begin with) which is one reason it looks alot better than the others.

the silver speeder you mentioned does look a little odd, it was actually made as background filler for my speeder bike garage dio back during the speeder bike challenge....  so I've been meaning to go back and mess with it a bit...

the police bike does look a little sparce, like I said I wanted it to be an "ultralight" but perhaps some bulking up somewhere might help...

the red bike does need some adjustments made to the steering vanes, I agree.  Someone on another forum suggested adding another set of vanes as well as makeing them more rounded to reflect the edges and style of thebike itself....

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #396 on: July 06, 2010, 10:46:25 AM »
so it's been a while since I posted in here... I wanted to post this in the misc. thread but that isn't realy a vehicles thread... AND this is technically a star wars vehicle, or at least it was.

It seems most of us think along the lines of "how can I make this NON-star wars vehicle fit into the star wars verse?"  and not many people think the opposite... I set out with the oposite aproach in this project.  I took a TCW republic hover tank and turned it into a suped up version of the cobra water moccasin boat, and I call it.....

The "Cottonmouth"

The watter moccasin, sometimes refered to as the "cottonmouth", is a feircly venomous snake.  When cornered or threatened it will curl it's black body around it's head and rear back, opening it's mouth to display a pure white mouth with two large fangs.  This would normally deter any would be predator...

Cobra's legions utilize the Cottonmouth as a suped up version of their versatile water moccasin.  The cottonmouth is able to hold a crew of 3 where as the moccasin only held 2.  The cottonmouth also has a larger weapons payload.  This includes two fixed forward mounted 50 cal. machine guns, an anti aircraft turret, two large diameter missile launching tubes, and two sets of hellfire missiles... this impressive payload makes the cottonmouth Cobra's set of proverbial fangs...

the standard Water Moccasin:

the Cottonmouth

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: spudafett's vehicles (last update: Cobra Cottonmouth)
« Reply #397 on: July 06, 2010, 02:21:49 PM »
You pulled a reverse on us! Looks good. On the front page.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #398 on: July 06, 2010, 05:22:45 PM »
Freaking awesome Spud! I really like this, everything works perfectly. Love the decal on the side.

Offline jenki87

• Ensign
    • My Custom photos
« Reply #399 on: July 06, 2010, 06:45:45 PM »
omg it really floats!~

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #400 on: July 06, 2010, 06:53:02 PM »
awesome!!!!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #401 on: July 07, 2010, 06:43:38 AM »
That is awesome, Spud! It really took to the transition from a land craft to a water one.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #402 on: July 07, 2010, 11:50:54 AM »
one word ' speechless'

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #403 on: July 07, 2010, 06:30:44 PM »
Spuda...in your own words...

WOOT
a perfect blend of coolness and playability!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #404 on: July 08, 2010, 08:14:45 AM »
thanks HB.  I always feel that when I am making a custom I don't want something that is going to sit on a shelf and be a static model... I want something that the kid inside me will play with!   Posabilitily and playability is a key factor in all my customs...