Author Topic: My Custom Figures (Republic, CIS, Imperial, Criminals, and MORE!)  (Read 120389 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
So I got annoyed with Fordo's legs not matching the modern ARC Trooper look. I made some modifications...here he is along side some other famous ARC Brothers.

I used styrene strips, ungodly amounts of patience, acrylic paint, and super glue to get the job done.

I also got to altering Jesse's helmet to be clone wars accurate. I did that with an exacto blade. Results were awesome.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 12:35:11 PM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Wow, your Fordo is getting cooler with every new update! And I every time I think it cannot get any better. You proved me wrong once again! So cool, incredible custom!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Wow, your Fordo is getting cooler with every new update! And I every time I think it cannot get any better. You proved me wrong once again! So cool, incredible custom!
Check out what I did with Jesse. His helmet had the ARC fin and rangefinder...which was not accurate. Nor did his helmet have the blue stripes on the sides.

And as a bonus...

« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 12:51:18 PM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
You can read my comments on the front pages!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Sorry for my early comment. Didn't see the pictures you added seconds later. I agree with Tamer: The reference picture you shared looks spot on! Now, your Jesse looks accurate, really like the chipping you added to his chin armor and helmet. The helmet fin is sanded perfectly as we're used to by your work by now. I also think it's nice to have one ARC Trooper without fin and antenna for some variation on battlefield. Really fine work here, bud. Love your diorama there! Etain looks amazing! Does your BARC Trooper Commander receive Order 66 in this scene?

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Yep...that's Order 66. I felt inspired by Bad Batch. Kinda renewed my love for clone wars again.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Well, the fiddly styrene strap work on Fordo's legs turned out really well! I'm not sure if you would say it was worth it, but as an observer, I sure do:) You also did a really good job with the helmet mods on Jesse. Those little details sure make a difference. Nice work...and fun Order 66 image as well.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Thanks for the kind comments guys. I appreciate it.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
Your application is very clean and effective. Very nice work. I'd say it's almost Hasbro level... But honestly that's not saying much considering 90% of the 3 3/4 figures I've seen in person (last 7? Years) are garbage with eyes and mouths painted in wrong positions hahaa... So YOUR WORK is immaculate and you should be very proud. Thank you for sharing, cannot wait to see more.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Your application is very clean and effective. Very nice work. I'd say it's almost Hasbro level... But honestly that's not saying much considering 90% of the 3 3/4 figures I've seen in person (last 7? Years) are garbage with eyes and mouths painted in wrong positions hahaa... So YOUR WORK is immaculate and you should be very proud. Thank you for sharing, cannot wait to see more.

Thank you for the praise. I try my best!

Here's my latest work...I removed the godawful handle thing on the ARC-170...installed a bomb bay instead. Kinda got inspired by the TBY-Avenger Torpedo bomber from WWII which also a 3 seater like the 170.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Nice, very nice.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
I'd say, this is the way! I was 12 yo when I got my first ARC-170 back in 2005. It was $19.99 at Toys "R" Us at Times Square, NY and I couldn't believe my ears when my dad came back from the cash desk where he asked for the price. As a kid I really enjoyed this handle because it helped me hold this giant ship. But as a collector, I can see much improvement in your mod! Brilliant idea and great execution!
Man, your projects are always a win for your collection. So much unique stuff have you created already! Much respect!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
I really like that bomb bay. Nice job with the conversion. I think the decals are pretty cool, too.

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
Re: My Custom Figures/Vehicles (Republic, CIS, Imperial, Criminals, and MORE!)
« Reply #538 on: August 18, 2021, 04:43:13 PM »
That's an Awesome conversion, The addition for the bomb bay doors is genius

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: My Custom Figures/Vehicles (Republic, CIS, Imperial, Criminals, and MORE!)
« Reply #539 on: August 21, 2021, 10:58:43 AM »
Some 3D Printed M3 Bulwark Blast Shields