Author Topic: My Custom Figures (Republic, CIS, Imperial, Criminals, and MORE!)  (Read 113391 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 07:41:57 AM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Custom Imperial and Rebel Forces!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 11:02:53 PM »
Nice set (and a rather large on at that) of customs here. The weathering on the troopers is excellent and the diorama is a great way to display them. Welcome to the 'yards.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 05:03:30 AM »
Nice set (and a rather large on at that) of customs here. The weathering on the troopers is excellent and the diorama is a great way to display them. Welcome to the 'yards.

Thank you!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 05:50:38 AM »
Wow, great diorama. I like the custom troopers too and the rebs.

Off to share this update on the front pages.

Once again welcome to ISY!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 07:31:27 AM »
Wow, great diorama. I like the custom troopers too and the rebs.

Off to share this update on the front pages.

Once again welcome to ISY!

Thanks, Tamer! I appreciate the share.  8)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 04:30:03 PM »
Before...

After:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 08:02:44 AM »
That's some great paint work there. Off to share this one on our front pages.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Alien Versus Predator Figures
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 05:19:34 PM »
Apologies in advance for all the threads I've started lately, but I know they are technically "subsections" if you will. With that aside, here are all my custom figures... keep in mind the scale for these figures is 7-8" - the dioramas are huge.

Starting with my first: Shaman predator. He was a Chinese-knock off. As such, I customized him.
"Robes": From Gears of War Kantus Figure. Heavily modified.
Spear/staff: Made from shishkabob skewers and original parts from Staff... the original was too whimpy and fragile.
I also repainted the figure from head crest to toe claws.

Here is a custom Colonial Marine that I made and a Hallway diorama to match him.
Neca Nathan Drake head
Neca Pvt. Hudson Body
Gloved hands - From Y-W Commando and my fodder box
Decals and sculpted items applied by me (such as holster and a few ammo pouches)

Simple repaint of a wonderful sculpt. This is the "Engineer" from Prometheus. I did a black/silver wash. All the sculpt was there - Neca just didn't use good paints apps to bring it out.

This is a huge project... in terms of acquiring the necessary figures (remember - basic figures cost about $30-40 PER figure on ebay after market)...

Concept:

Original Predalien Figure:

Fodder Alien body pre molds/mods:

Mine:

What I did: boiled and popped fodder alien head from body. Removed head and hands from Predalien. Carefully used a soldering iron to "melt/mold" the neck joint so that the Predalien head would function with fodder alien body. COMPLETELY hand re-painted from banana head to clawed feet. VERY pleased with end result.

Alien Queen Diorama:

Egg sack was made with ceran wrap and modge podge... I basically made a paper mache technique around a wire frame skeleton.

Weyland-Yutanni Heavy Weapons Commando:

I handmade the "swing arm" and the wires leading to the backpack with some spare headphone audio jacks and wires... I also added the provided decals.

"Twinblade" my Samurai-esque Predator. He was stranded on Earth... stayed there for a few centuries. Was originally known as the "Oni of Yamatai."

Before:

Finished Product:

Bad-Blood Superpredator and Hound:

Weyland-Yutanni Scientist:

Original Figure/Base:

I added: custom sculpt; all "protective gear" was made from craft foam, miscellaneous junk, etc. I also added several washes and home-made decals.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 08:31:27 AM »
Wow, I lost some time this morning just perusing your customs. Great stuff. Off to share.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 03:38:55 PM »
Wow, I lost some time this morning just perusing your customs. Great stuff. Off to share.

They have certainly been done with love! I also have a bunch more.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 01:08:34 PM »
Imperial Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) Trooper. CT-4278 was a Veteran of the Clone Wars who served as a Sapper for the majority of the war. With his experience and training, he serves the Empire as an EOD expert. He has defused thousands of bombs in his lifetime and continues to do so into the Imperial era.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 05:15:50 PM by Clanleaderyautja »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 03:34:49 AM »
Very nice, off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 04:36:39 PM »
Wow! There's some great work on the Aliens/Predator stuff! I also like how your EOD trooper turned out. The Galactic Marine helmet works really well for this concept.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2019, 03:42:27 AM »
Wow! There's some great work on the Aliens/Predator stuff! I also like how your EOD trooper turned out. The Galactic Marine helmet works really well for this concept.

Believe it or not, that's not even half of my AvP stuff. However! I am inclined to agree with you about the Galactic Marine helmet...because an older comic book had explosive expert troopers of the Empire using a similar helmet design.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2019, 11:53:18 AM »
Revamped/Reimagined "Fugitive Predator" - this is my take on a future ancestor of the same character, wearing similar armor.

"Stranded" Predator - a mix match of several different figures, completely repainted from head to toe with hand-sculpted dreadlocks.

A more comic-book accurate version of my favorite Preadtor, Ahab - from the comic book Series Life and Death/Fire and Stone. Repainted face/sculpted additional facial mandibles.

Some additional shots of the "hell hound." Sculpted scars and complete repaint of original.

Bad Blood Super Predator unmasked:

A custom Smart-Gunner Colonial Marine who is based off my girlfriend (somewhat). Simple head swap of a Portal figure and some repainting.

A large scale diorama I'm working on (keep in mind this is 7" scale).