Author Topic: Darth More's Dioramas: Felucia - Display Diorama (Test)  (Read 43948 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Darth More's Dioramas: Scarif - Landing Platform 9
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2020, 08:03:09 PM »
DM it's my pleasure buddy and thank so much for the kind words and this is what customizing is all about, it's sharing information between people so they can appreciate the work that goes into a custom of diorama.

It also allows people to give it a go like yourself has done and to try new things and mate you have done an awesome job on your dio and I love everything about it and you taught me something today and that is tape is great for Palm trunks thanks buddy.

Ron

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2020, 09:49:29 AM »
Your Scarif diorama is a true masterpiece my friend.
I love the extremely realistic looking palm trees and the weathering on the concrete panels.
Thank you very much for the detailed tutorial and WIP pics.
Excellent work as always.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2020, 07:19:25 AM »
I like that shelf there, especially the Scout trooper.  :)
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2020, 03:57:44 PM »

hemble: Hey, I'm so glad you came by and saw this dio! As you know you're a big inspiration and I love all the work you do! So your feedback does mean a lot to me! Thank you, Ron.

FialaFernbrugg: Thank you, bud! I'm also quite happy how the palm trees turned out. It was definitely worth to consider a few different concepts.

jkno: Haha I know you're a mega fan of the Empire. You got a good eye my friend! I'll make some dioramas of OT scenes this year, too! So stay tuned for that.

Here's some rare footage of Palps' private life JUST for you! Our best paparazzi risked their life for these:

So I'm also taking a break guys. I got an important exam to take at the end of March and it's killing me already…I'll be back in April!

- Philipp

« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 04:15:35 PM by Darth More »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2020, 11:58:08 PM »
Hey Philipp good luck on the exam - I get that! I think your Scarif diorama turned out really well. I love the step-by-step you showed us. I got a huge kick out the Imperial tanning bed too!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2020, 03:52:07 AM »
Yes, good luck on your test.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2020, 03:46:53 AM »
Thank you so much Tamer & Starchaser! I give my best to pass it. It's Biology, Chemistry & Physics for my medical degree. It's quite a lot to learn. But my goal is the time after this challenge. Until then, take care.

Starchaser: Thanks for coming by, mate! Your crossfire of comments made me come back for a couple minutes. I'm glad I could provide some useful input. The feedback for Palps on Holiday was awesome! Posted this on Facebook, too, for the first time. Some are reminded of Ozzy Osbourne or Udo Lindenberg by this one. It's Always interesting how much character people associate with sunglasses. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 03:50:56 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2020, 03:56:53 PM »
Played with my toys in the backyard tonight:

Sunset on Coreilla

Playing on Han's Radio: On the Woodway
(a classic in my book)

Guess that ride is over for today...but enough foreshadowing! A plot twist: he's stopped by Stormtrooper Han - he even got a holster!  :o

For more outdoor footage, make sure to check out:

Starchaser's custom figures:
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9294.msg175125#msg175125

FialaFernbrugg's review of the Vintage Collection Imperial Combat Assault Tank:
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10590.msg211263#msg211263

My second version of the NR-N99 Persuader-class Tank Droid:
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10165.msg218138#msg218138

Have a nice Weekend everyone!

- Philipp

« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 04:04:42 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2020, 05:57:59 AM »
Looks like fun to me. Nice little outside dio.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2020, 04:46:59 PM »
Whoohoo for outdoor pictures! These are great pictures, with really good lighting. I love the scene. Thanks for the shout out, too:)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2020, 12:21:20 AM »
Nice pics mate.

Ron

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2020, 12:30:46 AM »
Very cool, I always liked outdoor shots!
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2020, 02:41:22 AM »
Thank you so much for your feedback guys! It always means a lot to me and is much fun every time I read it! The light was pretty good that evening and I spontaneously decided to make some outdoor pics of the Imperial Combat tank to add to FialaFernbrugg's awesome review!

I even expanded that session a bit and got out more toys to play with! (Taking a note to myself: You should do this more often!) It's a nice way to enjoy the stuff we already have. I tend to only see what I still don't have, instead of just enjoying the collection I already own.

Thank you very much everyone! It was much fun! I can really recommend it & see you on the next project!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Re: Darth More's Dioramas: Naboo - Battle of Naboo display setup
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2020, 08:29:58 AM »
I continue getting some stuff out and just enjoy what I already have. Here are some images of the setup I built last weekend. Had these styrofoam plates lying around covered with grass mats. Always wanted to take some pictures of the MTT on them. And don't ask me why, but somehow the MTT reminds me of a mammoth...

Here's just a small scene of the Battle of Naboo built with the Hasbro toys I got:

Comment:

I set up al the figures and vehicles like I would've played with them when I was 6 years old. At the end it reminded me of EA's latest Battlefront videogame.

When I edited the pictures I thought this could've also been a display behind a shop window back in 1999 or 2012. I was lucky enough that The Phantom Menace was shown in cinemas as 3D version making it the only Star Wars movie I watched in theater! By now I'm pretty sure that Disney and their new 3D release of the Skywalker SAGA was the reason why Hasbro had to put
The Vintage Collection on hiatus.
We saw some brilliant new toys and awesome sets in the Movie Heroes Line back in 2012. I also assume that some of the new figures & vehicles of the line were actually meant to be part of The Vintage Collection if it had continued longer. I think of the all-new Imperial Z-94 Speeder Bike with Biker Scout, the Ewok Battle Pack, the Naboo Starfighter or Rock Ollie. It was odd enough that we only saw a single wave of the Discover the Force Series. That's why I'm so thrilled to take a look at the book by Derryl DePriest dedicated to The Vintage Collection, which is supposed to finally ship in September 2020.

I think this setup also shows how long it takes to complete a single scene or even an army. An MTT wasn't available back in the day. Instead, you could get a Fambaa, but only at FAO Schwarz. I saw a couple Fambaas on ebay over the years for 100-150€. I didn't buy them at that price although I could well use one for my tabletop game.
Hasbro took the mold for the STAP from Kenner and use it ever since. The AAT and the Naboo Starfighter were great toys and oponents 20 years ago. We got Kaadus and a Gungan Battle Wagon. The lineup for TPM and POTJ provided great figures and army-builders to play massive battles. I still dream of a Droid Carrier and building one myself seems to be the only way to finally get one.

I don't have that many Gungans - not even a Kaadu. That's why I was so thrilled with this set here, which was supposed to be release as part of the Movie Heroes Line back in 2012. Unfortunately it was cancelled. Does anyone know why?

coleka.com has more images also from the back of the packaging:

https://www.coleka.com/en/collector-action-figures/star-wars-action-figures/movie-heroes-darth-maul-package/battle-of-naboo-never-released_i1730

The Phantom Menace didn't receive much love. I leave it uncommented if it was justified or not. However Hasbro dedicated one wave of The Vintage Collection to Episode I including some decent army-builders:

'This shot gave me a hell of a hard time to take. As you might know, I refuse to put my figures on stands. Fortunately I bought three tubes of chips just yesterday. Those lids really saved my day and even hold two figures easily. Maybe an idea I should develop and share on this topic later on:

Resources and References: Materials for Dioramas and accessories

- Philipp

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 04:25:18 AM by Darth More »