Author Topic: Darth More's Dioramas: Felucia - Display Diorama (Test)  (Read 43918 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Darth More's Dioramas: Felucia - Display Diorama (Test)
« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2021, 05:21:22 PM »
Thanks for the new pictures. I really thought those disc fungi were a great addition to the diorama and kind of thought you had sculpted them yourself :) I think your color choice for them was excellent.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2021, 12:52:55 AM »
You're welcome and thanks for asking! I really like how these aquarium plants kinda glow in the sunlight even though they're made of plastic and silicone. Thank you, I just copied the once from Sideshow. Cannot wait for the black base to arrive from AliExpress because then I'll recreate their Premium Format diorama for my extra TVC Aayla Secura.
Thank you also for commenting! I value your opinion very much.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2021, 04:30:04 AM »
I also appreciate you supplying links to the products and tools you used to make this.

I have got to take this back to the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2021, 12:20:10 AM »
Looks awesome! Felucia is definitely in my opinion the most unique biome in star wars, as far as I know. It's like a combination of underwater plants and fungi, that you really pulled off well.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2021, 02:35:56 AM »
@Tamer: Thanks, Shawn, I'm going to sculpt way more on my next project and will take the occasion to share some other tools I use. I'm happy if the links help the forum, it's become my second home so to speak. I'd love to see a custom contest this or next year like in the good ole days!

@JDeck: Thank you. I tried to not make it look too much like an aquarium or ocean ground. If you followed the link I shared at the end of my original post, you'll find a truly impressive diorama, which a fellow artist from Germany made. He has such amazing sculpting skills and the accuracy of the plants he sculpted is what I'm aiming for down the road.

I'm happy with the result of my first one, but want to achieve much more. The next diorama of Felucia will include some LEDs because I love how the plants glow in the dark. I'll also try to find some more Bornite because apart from Aluminum it cannot get any more spacey for me!
Thanks for coming by and leaving your comment!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2021, 09:43:38 AM »
A beautiful representation of Felucia.
The plants that have been selected fit very well into the scenery.
In my opinion one of your best dioramas so far.
Excellent work my friend.

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2021, 03:43:51 PM »
Absolutely fantastic representation of Felucia! Thanks for sharing all the how-to details.
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2021, 02:12:55 AM »
FialaFernbrugg: Thank you so much buddy! I think it's small, but fine.
The Force Unleashed was a major inspiration for this test diorama and I'm happy with the plants I found over the years. Last night my sister came in and saw it on the window sill. She really likes it and it reminds her of an underwater world.

customjedi: Sorry for my late response, I somehow missed your comments here. I'm glad to hear your feedback and hope some of the footage is helpful for your own projects. The next time I'll tackle Felucia on a larger scale will involve more sculpting. Or as Count Dooku said: "That is just the beginning."
Thank you for your comment!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2022, 05:10:37 AM »
Yeah I don't know how I missed your Scariff Dio, but man that's really well done. The way you made the palm trees is smart. The ground work with the concrete section and the sand/forest litter looks sharp. Great job!

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2022, 09:23:59 AM »
This dio is hot! Its hard to make a living nature dio really feels living, and yours is a spot on and a nice inspiration too.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2022, 04:11:05 AM »
JDeck: Thank you for the nice words, J! That was a fun project and looking back now, I would do a few things differently. Guess it's time for a bigger project like this.
But I've got to say you did the most thorough research on your Scarif project! I really appreciate that you actually looked up where the scenes on Scarif were captured and shared with us which plants grow on the Maldives.
Your Scarif diorama is one of the very best I've ever seen! It's great fun following your projects.

It was also fun to paint that piece of thin cardboard for the cargo area. I knew why I saved those backs from my notepads...  :D

BlackThorne: Thank you so much! I'm very happy that you like it! Sorry for my late response though. I'm always glad when I can inspire other artists out there!

Best regards from Germany!

- Philipp

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2022, 11:07:10 AM »
I never commented on that last image, but I can see what you mean about the light. I still think you've done a masterful job with recreating the Felucia look. So kudos to you.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2022, 12:37:59 AM »
Absolutely love the dio mate, the colours are spot on.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2022, 12:31:25 PM »
Starchaser: Thank you so much for coming back to comment on that picture! It's always nice to look at this picture frame when I walk by - especially now in the Summer.

hemble: Thank you very much, Ron! I really love the concept art of Felucia and how it was executed. The diorama that ILM created for the actual film is an absolute prime example of diorama building insanity. I appreciate the flora and fauna of Felucia even more now that it has been used for more media like The Force Unleashed. It really helped to find more reference material and inspiration. The planets and locations of recent media by Disney has been rather dull and not innovative. I'm looking forward to improve my recreation of Felucia much more to get as close to the original as possible. The closer I'm going to get the bigger the diorama will be.
A dream of mine is to display a custom AT-OT (from scratch or 3D printed) next to a repainted AT-TE on a Felucia diorama with approximate dimensions of 150 x 120 cm.

Thank you guys for coming back and sharing your thoughts with me! Your feedback is always highly valued!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 12:34:14 PM by Darth More »