Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 108506 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.
« on: July 05, 2016, 07:17:11 PM »
Hello folks been a while since I've done some figures, or anything for that matter. Been busy with work. I've had supply problems of every kind. I've had labor difficulties. You know. But I'm building some figures that are mostly a mashup of 5poa and SA sculpts, it cuts cost, and makes a unique figure. The POTJ, and the more recent saga legends figure head sculpts are actually pretty good. I'm doing a series called "Major Panno's Raiders", an all non human group of Rebel Alliance commandos, and saboteurs, who's key mission is to reap havoc on the Empire.
    First is captain Salcom. The Quarren leader of the main squad. He a strict no nonsense leader who expects the very best from his men. Capt. Salcom knows as well as the rest of the group, " alien" species must work hard to accel in the human dominated alliance.
    This one is a 15-15, $15, done in 15 minuets. it still retains the 14poa of the SA figure. Simple, but I like it. I may darken the skin later, meybe.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 03:49:49 PM by JDeck »

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
  • The shield will be down in moments.
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Re: Major panno's raiders.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 12:32:32 AM »
I'd rather say it's a 10-10...10 points (out of 10) for the cool idea and 10 points again for the simple yet elegant execution. ;)
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 05:47:17 AM »
Great stuff. Good to see you back. Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 06:31:03 AM »
Great stuff. Good to see you back. Off to share.
Thanks Tamer! I've just been unbelievably busy. One thing after another, this is the 4th week I've had to work on my day off. But its fun to build these quick figures, I have many more in the works, along with a vehicle.
I'd rather say it's a 10-10...10 points (out of 10) for the cool idea and 10 points again for the simple yet elegant execution. ;)
Thank you blizzard force! Personally I like simple no paint customs.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 04:32:20 PM »
Simple but effective . I like it , and good to see you are posting again !

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Major Panno's Raiders
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 05:24:35 PM »
Simple but effective . I like it , and good to see you are posting again !
  Thank you Mr.Jedi! Is good to be back.

I made the Rebel AT-RT rider. Her name is Vero Nikta, at a young age she was involved with the Free Ryloth movement. She had become a proficient systems hacker and saboteur. She was also quite well at stealing Imperial vehicles. Her vehicle of choice is an AT-RT she had stolen from Ryloth's Imperial Patrol Unit. Eventually she was sought out by Major Panno himself  to join the Raiders. She plays a vital role in the squad as a hacker, when the team needs access codes, or intelligence for covert operations.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:16:27 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Major Panno's Raiders.
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 05:41:36 AM »
She looks perfect for this if you ask me. Love the helmet. Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 12:58:36 PM »
She looks perfect for this if you ask me. Love the helmet. Off to share.
  Thanks Tamer, I'd have to agree, if I had to do it over I wouldn't really change anything. The TVC Leia hips work great for the AT-RT. TBS Rey forearms are perfect because of the ball swivel wrists and I didn't have to repaint and match that particular green. The Cesi Eirriss figure is neat, and the helmet is real cool. I was going to make a reimagined Hera with it, but original characters never go out of style.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 05:13:59 PM »
Oh that's a hot custom.  Great imagination and execution.  She looks like this ain't her first rodeo.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 06:40:52 PM »
Oh that's a hot custom.  Great imagination and execution.  She looks like this ain't her first rodeo.
  Lol. Thanks Sjefke. I thought hell, with all that articulation why not show it off.

Offline jon_k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 07:42:07 PM »
Love the helmet with the whole overall look. Great job!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 08:16:38 PM »
Love the helmet with the whole overall look. Great job!
Thank you  Jon_k! I was saving Eirriss for a special figure, I'm glad you like her. I really think this is one of my favorites. So far, more is to come. I will complete the rest of the squad, but Vero is the Crown Jewel.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 04:05:22 PM »
 Corporal Gorf Timrek, was an Ishi Tib explosives expert. To say he was a pyromaniac would be an understatement. He very rarely used a blaster due to loss of dexterity in his shooting hand during an explosives incident. His boisterous personality would lend comic relief to stressful situations, but it could get annoying at times.
  Pretty simple figure POTF2 Ishi Tib+ TLC Major Panno. He reminds me of a cross between Kermit the frog and Clint Eastwood. I added a poncho, bandolier with proximity mines, and a soft goods bag that holds three explosive charges. I soaked the poncho in a water/PVA glue mixture so it clings better, for a realistic look.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:23:22 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 05:45:30 AM »
I so wish we had had characters like this in ROTJ. If they ever go back to redo some of the OT again (lets face it its inevitable) I would love to see more Alien Rebels just like you are doing. Off to share.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 08:41:06 AM »
Another great figure I especially like the soft goods on the character it fits nicely  !