Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 108484 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Major Panno's Raiders.
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2016, 06:32:53 AM »
  Otaktay was a Weekway warrior, who formed a resitance against the Imperial occupation.  For this the Empire destroyed his entire village. His life was spared, so he could live alone in shame, for standing up to the Empire. He was then captured by Pirates, to be sold as a slave to the Hutts. However he was able to convince the captain to hire him on the crew. The only compensation he wanted was revenge. Otaktay and the crew were on a routine mission to steal an imperial cargo ship, but it was a trap. Their ship was surrounded by Star Destroyers, and fatally struck. However they were able to crash land on a nearby planet. Again Otaktay was the only survivor. He was rescued by a rebel scout and nursed back to health. Later he was debriefed by Major Panno, and became one of the Raiders.

That's it for Panno's Raiders. He's a POTF2 Weekway+ Orrimarrko + col. Cracken hands.
I added a scarf made of an old work shirt. His hair is my own. It may sound gross, but I think it looks good. And I gave him some warrior face paint.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:25:02 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2016, 08:30:44 AM »
Nice. Way to bring it home. I liked this project. Off to share the latest.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2016, 01:31:57 PM »
Nice. Way to bring it home. I liked this project. Off to share the latest.
   Thanks Tamer! I had fun building these guys. I have another idea, similar to Panno's Raiders, but not Rebels, or Imperials either. An in between group set between episodes 6&7. Should be fun.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 04:39:34 PM by JDeck »

Offline OC47150

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2016, 05:37:30 PM »
Great customs, JDeck. Really like the Ishi Tib figure.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 07:23:36 AM »

Thanks Tamer! I had fun building these guys. I have another idea, similar to Panno's Raiders, but not Rebels, or Imperials either. An in between group set between episodes 6&7. Should be fun.

Sounds like a good group to me.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2016, 08:38:45 AM »
Great customs, JDeck. Really like the Ishi Tib figure.
   Thanks bud! I always thought the Ishi tibb was a cool looking alien.

Sounds like a good group to me.
  Indeed. I should have parts for my main guy today. I don't have a huge inventory of fodder, so I just buy as I go.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Captain Ithano's motley crew. WIP
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2016, 03:32:13 PM »
     After the Battle of Endor the war torn Galaxy was in chaos. With the dwindling Imperial remnants, and the Republic in its infancy, the galaxy was in virtual anarchy. This void in power created a breeding ground for pirates like Captain Sidon Ithano. Ithano had no loyalties, he negotiated contracts with both the Republic and the Imperial remnants, as well as local municipalities, mercenaries and gangsters.  Along with his first mate Quiggold, was a motly crew of dreaded pirates searching  fortune and glory throughout the galaxy.

Pretty simple figure. 5poa Ithano+ 3.75" exclusive Kylo Ren. I despise painting figures, but I had no choice. I made the gauntlets out of Milliput, and trimmed his skirt. I want to give Quiggold the same treatment, but first off, I really like the sculpting they did on him. I could swap arms with Zuckuss and give him rancor keepers lower body, but that might mess up his overall height.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 11:09:31 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Major Panno's Raiders (1-3). Captain Ithano's motley crew. (3-...)
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2016, 07:13:11 AM »
Nice. Off to share.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2016, 08:39:50 AM »
I think you did a great job on this one and with the painting ! Its funny how some colors work well on figures and some colors are horrible . Which requires a lot of patience lol . Overall you pulled it off nicely

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2016, 08:01:00 PM »
Nice. Off to share.
  Thanks again Tamer! I have a few ideas brewing for Ithano's crew. It'll be a little slow going. They're a little more involved than the Raiders. I just wanted  an SA Ithano figure, as he's one of TFA's coolest  characters
I think you did a great job on this one and with the painting ! Its funny how some colors work well on figures and some colors are horrible . Which requires a lot of patience lol . Overall you pulled it off nicely

Many thanks Mr.Jedi! Painting dark on dark is simple enough but, light colors like white, yellow or grey, forget about it. I don't bother. People who can have my respect. I go by K.I.S.S. Keep it simple stupid, I paint little as possible.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 08:26:58 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2016, 03:59:11 PM »
Panno's whole crew looks good. The Weequay was a nice final addition:) Great job on Ithano (I would really like to see more from this character). The Kylo Ren body works really well for this - and nice job with the paint apps.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2016, 09:54:57 PM »
Panno's whole crew looks good. The Weequay was a nice final addition:) Great job on Ithano (I would really like to see more from this character). The Kylo Ren body works really well for this - and nice job with the paint apps.
   Thanks Starchaser! Making Major Panno's Raiders was fun.  Weekway was a neat character, a little close to earth, but he is unique.  With Captain Ithano, they have a short story about him in the new  EU, but I like my own EU better. That's what I really love about Star Wars, it excites my imagination. I have some of his crew in the works.  I'm waiting for parts right now, but I'm thinking I may build a small dio. Its been a while since I've done a 3.75" dio. We will see.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 10:08:53 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2016, 10:25:09 PM »
That's what I love about Star Wars too - the opportunity to be creative and tell my own stories, create my own characters, species and worlds. I'm familiar with the short story about Ithano, but he's kind of my new Boba Fett (a lot of mystery full of potential stories for me to tell). A couple of my customs (Roca Nave and Jarkanneth Obinoa, page 12 of my thread) have associations with Ithano. When creating them I pictured them joining his crew after the destruction of Maz Kanata's castle.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how you develop the Crimson Corsair's crew:)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2016, 11:53:46 PM »
 Ahh yes, I remember them. Great customs and stories. I always appreciate the imagination in your work.
    I like to combine my personal experiences with historical stories to make "my EU'. When I was younger, I was sort of a drifter, man I'll tell you I got some stories. I also get inspiration from my favorite movies and TV shows.
  Yeah, Ithano is the new Boba Fett, not Phasma. Phasma is kind of incompetent. Ithano has a cool swagger, and mysteriousness. I think the less we know the better.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 05:01:45 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2016, 09:55:36 PM »
I totally agree - the less the better.