Author Topic: StarAlien70's custom figures  (Read 103032 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: StarAlien70's custom figures
« Reply #225 on: September 07, 2018, 02:32:35 PM »
I agree the sculpts of the POTJ Imperial Officer is very nice! I really like your DS Gunner Station Crew! It's great to see what two head-swaps can do! The vest looks awesome! You did an amazing job on the straps, which are my favourite detail!

Also need to catch up on here: I really like your entire series of Imperial customs! Really enjoy alll of them!

Have a great weekend!

- Philipp

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
  • Happy 40th Anniversary, TESB!
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #226 on: September 07, 2018, 02:50:00 PM »
Thanks Philipp, you too. Cheers!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #227 on: September 07, 2018, 02:53:28 PM »
Thank you! I also like Sgt. Derek Torent with the integrated headset in his helmet. These are all very nice additions to your Imperial Army!

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2018, 07:02:32 AM »
Wow, those look great. I like my arty, but I can sure agree with your points here.

Off to share these too.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #229 on: September 11, 2018, 04:12:34 AM »
Thanks to everybody. Here's some Rebels from Return Of The Jedi.

Major Haash'n (Mon Calamari Engineer): I managed to get a few TBS Admiral Ackbars recently at a reasonable price, which is what the head, arms and modified torso are from. Upper legs section from TLC Obi-Wan Padawan, with added pockets cut and modified from the Rebels MS05 2-pack Boba Fett. Lower legs from a Russian Soldier, with custom gaiters. Skirt modified from TVC Naboo Pilot. Ammo packs cut from 2 SW Saga Endor Rebel Soldiers.

Rebel Technicians: I did these a while ago, they are a popular custom, as the Indiana Jones Russian Soldier is already most of the way there. Heads are modified from Indiana Jones German Soldiers. I made the custom headsets from the silver ring you get in the middle of some ballpoint pens; then added a few bits of plastic to it, with the mouthpiece cut from a plastic product tag.

To me, Major Haash'n always look more like he would be a commando or combat engineer rather than a fleet engineer, with him having ammo packs. As though he was intended to be on the ground like the Dressellians (?).

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2018, 02:42:24 AM »
Wow, another great set. I really like those Rebel Techs. Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #231 on: September 13, 2018, 01:09:36 PM »
Really nice job on this set of customs. The Rebel techs are great. I really like how Haash'n turned out - spot on with the reference pics - excellent work. And, yeah, he does look like he was designed for commando activity - even if it was mobile headquarters type duty.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #232 on: September 13, 2018, 01:37:29 PM »
great work on Major Haash'n i did this on a while ago but never knew this character had a name  lol i guess i didnt research enough .  Keep up the great work .

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2018, 02:27:09 AM »
Major Haash'n looks brilliant! I also got two TVC Admiral Ackbar figures in one lot for 5 bucks each - one is missing an accessory - so I might even use him for a custom, too...
And I agree with you and Starchaser on the ammo packs, but I guess the Rebel fleet had to work with what they had. Not having that much of financial support like the Empire to focus on cosmetics they had to take what they got I guess. I looked at some reference pictures and your custom on him looks spot on. So that's what a Rebel fleet engineer looks like.

All your customs look so nice and clean and that's not only because of your sharp pictures!
I'm also impressed by the Rebel technicians! Didn't know the Indiana Jones Russian Soldier was popular for customizing. All I know is that you can get lots of them for cheap on eBay. I got 20 of them for $16 so far and will definitely make some customs with them.
The headsets look fantastic! I also collected some ballpoint pens even with these metal rings, but never had the idea to make them a headset!

Thanks for sharing the recipes and all the great pics! Keep them coming, please!

- Philipp

P.S.: If you look up "Major Haash'n" on google images, your custom is shown in third and fourth line already - uploaded on hiveminer four days ago.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 02:29:10 AM by Darth More »

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2018, 12:55:41 PM »
Thanks very much to you all for your encouraging comments.
Back to Rogue One. I wanted to do this Cassian when I was doing the K-2SO and Jyn customs, but wasn't sure how to tackle the flight vest. So I put it to one side for a while. Also, I recently got some more TBS Scarif Troopers so I did a Captain.

Cassian Andor (U-Wing Pilot): TBS 3.75" Cassian Andor with customised jacket from POTF2 Luke Ceremonial, and custom headset made with modified earpieces from TBS Toryn Farr's headset; with headband made from a plastic covered wire tie, mouthpiece cut from a plastic product tag.

Scarif Shoretrooper Captain: Uses TBS 3.75” Scarif Stormtrooper, with repainted markings. Shown with previous customised Squad Leader I did (which I've now weathered a bit), and unaltered TBS Scarif Stormtrooper.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2018, 01:13:46 AM »
wow
The equipment you make for you figures looks always very realistic. I like the wiring on the headsets.
Excellent work.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #236 on: September 15, 2018, 10:52:40 AM »
Great update. I like both of them.

Off to share.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #237 on: September 17, 2018, 10:21:51 AM »
Awesome

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #238 on: September 17, 2018, 10:31:52 AM »
Nice update. I really like how Cassian turned out, that flight jacket is excellent. I also appreciate your creativity in fabricating accessories. Great work.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #239 on: October 04, 2018, 12:29:16 PM »
Thanks again everybody for your comments. Glad you all like the accessories, I don't know why Hasbro can't give us some useful accessories instead of the gimmicks they put with figures these days. Remember The 30th Anniversary accessories we got? We even got a Moisture Vaporator with Luke, and for a whole lot cheaper.

I revisited the Luke Pilot custom I did a while ago and gave the parts a repaint (the original was painted with artist's acrylics, as I didn't have an orange bright enough in model acrylics at the time). For the repaint I used Revell Aqua Color Orange 36130 mixed with some Yellow 36115, then used Clear Matt over them. I also changed the arms on the 'Splinter Of The Mind's Eye' version. Here it is, now with a Princess Leia from the same.

Luke: Torso from TBS Luke Dagobah. Arms from Indiana Jones Mutt Williams. Head from TVC Luke Bespin. Upper leg section from Rebel Ground Crew. Lower legs from TLC Luke Snowspeeder. New waist overalls section made from a ROTS Deluxe Anakin-Vader cloak. Holster is cut from the TBS Luke Dagobah belt.

Leia: Head repainted and drilled out POTF2 Freeze Frame Leia. Upper torso from TBS Mara Jade. Lower torso modified from TVC Darth Maul. I cut up an earphone bud for the collar and to cover the waist section. Upper arms from Marvel Infinite Black Cat. Forearms and hands from TBS Mara Jade. Upper legs from TBS Luke Dagobah. Lower legs from TBS Toryn Farr. Belt modified from TBS Mara Jade with holster cut from SW Saga Lando 04/21.

Custom backpacks made from foamcore and card, with synthetic leather straps for Luke's.