Author Topic: Tamer is finally getting a Driver Costume  (Read 126496 times)

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Re: Tamer is finally getting a Driver Costume
« Reply #210 on: February 25, 2013, 07:13:50 AM »
That is awesome !!! def spot on . How long have you been working on the uniform from start till now?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #211 on: February 25, 2013, 08:31:10 AM »
The whole outfit looks spot-on!  The lights on the chest console are just a bonus; this is fantastic all-around!

Thanks Merc, yes I am pretty happy with it. Just waiting for some snow to take some outside shots. Sure hope WB's Blaster gets here too. Now I can't seem to get snow in the forecast.

amazing video, my friend.

Thanks Clint. Wish you were around to help me with it. Bet I would have been done months ago.

That is awesome !!! def spot on . How long have you been working on the uniform from start till now?

Well I would say almost a year I think. And then I spent probably a year before that researching the most practical method and cost of who I wanted to do the helmet and armor. And thanks for your comments.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #212 on: February 25, 2013, 09:31:10 AM »
Your welcome !  I got to say that was time well spent and the proof is in the pictures and video ! Just awesome

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #213 on: March 02, 2013, 08:56:25 AM »
Light panel installed. Oh yeah!

Shawn, this is just so dang cool! I would be wearing it anywhere I could.... Walmart, for example. I'd have my wife ask me, "Distance to the bread aisle?" to which I'd reply "1 7 decimal 2 8".
AT AT drivers are as ruthless as any bounty hunter or Sith. I always loved how they managed to shoot Rebel soldiers at every opportunity.  Veers told them to unleash maximum firepower at the shield generator, and the driver may as well have said, "Hold up just a sec and let me take down some Rebel scum first."
The video of this light panel is a must see for all SW fans. It's cooler than a frost bitten Wampa. If I had your great costume, I'd want to turn a room into an AT AT cockpit.
Look forward to seeing more.
 8)

Barry

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #214 on: March 02, 2013, 07:34:40 PM »
Barry it is daggone nice to have you running around loose again. I am glad they haven't caught you yet!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2013, 10:33:15 AM »
Well tomorrow the low estimate is for a foot of snow. I might just be able to get my snow shots!

at dr

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #216 on: March 05, 2013, 04:36:26 PM »
Surely your able to do a photoshop pic with the foot of a snowbound walker in the background of your pose. Heck, I might even try it although my snow is melting.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2013, 04:47:18 PM »
I might photoshop one or two pics, but there is nothing like a real backdrop of snow. Looks like over a foot of snow coming now. Supposed to go from tonight till Thursday from what it looks.

Spookymufu

« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2013, 05:28:44 PM »
send me a good pic of you in costume and I'll PS you on HOTH

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2013, 08:34:55 PM »
I really like seeing your custome process, please, send us pic "on duty".

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2013, 06:25:58 AM »
Great video and can't wait for pics in the snow!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2013, 02:17:09 PM »
Well I finally got some snow and donned my costume for a final reveal. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. My wife took some awesome pics, but some I can't show you because she cut off the top of my head and or helmet (in some cases both). I will need to do this again anyhow when I get my blaster in, but for now here goes:

First off I took some inside shots as I think thats what the 501st might want:

Here is a back shot and I am not happy with seeing the back of my head. I have a head covering which I wish I would have donned.

Took some outside shots:

Just couldn't resist doing a bit of this:

Uh, how am I supposed to fit in here?

Man, these suckers buck!

Ok, Walker successfully broken now go this way:

Ok, enough walker humor now back to me putting this on the Mannetamer. I really wished this was sturdy enough to stand on its own, but after one topple where I barely caught it in time I thought I just couldn't resist the worry of this falling so I found did some research and from lots of mannequin supports decided on this which really is sturdy as all get out:

Here is the stand:

I really used good bolts on the base for the metal pipe (the wooden stand is over an inch thick and has great weight):

The top part which includes some elbows, t's, and caps (if folks are interested I can send exact dimensions):

Here is what it looks like fully dressed. It doesn't look as good as me being in it (of course), but it looks so cool next to my collection shelves:

From other 501st suits I have looked at on their gallery I think I am good enough to submit. I am also waiting on an e-11 blaster for perhaps another outside shoot if the weather sends us more snow (might have to wait till next year), but overall I think I can officially put this one to bed except for a small tweak here or there. As always I appreciate the comments and look forward to hearing what you folks think.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:20:08 PM by Tamer »

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2013, 05:57:24 PM »
Love the update! great to see what you look like and at last you got some snow! Which helps set the scene! I told you you would need a bigger AT AT! Ha ha ! But You seemed tobe making  the best of it you could! ;)
Mind you if the drivers really were that big they wouldnt need AT AT's! It reminds me of the Pacific Rim trailers Ive seen! LOL! :)

Spookymufu

« Reply #223 on: March 06, 2013, 06:09:32 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love this one!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2013, 06:32:38 PM »
I agree, that looks like a Front Page pic to me.
Like the mantamer set up.