Author Topic: Ruhrtrooper's Forge  (Read 5146 times)

Offline RuhrTrooperCosplay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Ruhrtrooper's Forge
« on: April 02, 2019, 08:00:35 AM »
Hello there,

I have been registered here for a few weeks now and unfortunately have not found any time to show a bit of my work. I would like to make up for it now.

But first a little to me. My name is Daniel and I'm from Germany / NRW. I am 34 years old and 8 hours a day industrial worker. As compensation I started with the prop and costume construction. My two children benefit most from this, but more later.

I have found this creative place through Darth More, for which I am still very grateful, because the work here is just amazing.

but now to some of my projects...

One of my favorite projects was the droids, who have now found a new home at Darth More

Darth More has written a lot about the two, so I save the words now  ;D

My first E-11

I built it with a 40mm tube, the rest are aluminum strips and 3d printing

DLT 19 Mod to build a DLT 19X

The model comes from EA's Battlefront 1. I scaled it to 1.22m and adjusted the details. Next, a scope will be installed. The stand was removed and an eyelet attached to shoulder the rifle. It is completely 3d printed and has a total weight of over 1,5kg. This makes it easier to carry even on longer troops.

Imperial Guard Helmet

I built this helmet as a birthday present for my son's best friend. Working hours were scarce 70 hours Including printing.

Jawa Blaster CA-87

My last bigger project. I built it for a friend who said it was: let it look old and worn. That was exactly mine, I got so worked up in the proekt that I finished it under 10 days. It was just fun.

My first and biggest project so far

Shock Trooper armor for my 8 years old son

Here are some pictures of events we visited.

The complete Trooper was built including printing time in over 700 hours. Much was learning by doing. I've never tried to get a surface so smooth.

In addition to the time also 10 Kg Pla, 4 kg epoxy, 20 cans of paint and a lot of much coffee have been used: D

Currently I'm building his new costume and some other project that I hope to introduce here; D

May the force be with you!

Ruhr Trooper
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 08:02:08 AM by RuhrTrooperCosplay »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Ruhrtrooper's Forge
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 02:23:20 AM »
Wow, talk about some excellent builds! I like em all. Once again welcome and let me get some of this on the front pages!

Man, wish I had had a dad like you.  That shocktrooper armor is off the hook!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 04:28:09 AM »
Oh well, what an update! Where shall I start?

I'm very glad you joined the Yards and am extremely happy that you found some time to share some of your projects here, too!

You two Battle Droid projects are very special to me and bring me joy every day I look at them. I proudly keep them in honour! Again, you got my respect for your skills with 3D printing, which is almost completely unknown to me.
But this is just the beginning!
Your E-11 and DLT 19 look most exciting! I really like the scope on the E-11 with the sight inside.
When it comes to costumes & props there are just so many possibilities...your DLT is an amazing build by itself! Using magnets to connect and being able to take it apart, aigain, is just a brilliant idea! I really like how it turned out in particular! Your DLT looks phenomenal! Talking about efficient work - I didn't know you needed just 10 days to finish the CA-87 Ion Blaster?!  :o
Most impressive & I'm sure your buddy is most happy with it!

And I agree with Tamer: every child was lucky to have a dad like you! The Royal Guard's helmet and the Shock Trooper Armour look awesome!
Very nice footage of several conventions! It's good to see so much dedication for fandoms of all kinds here in Germany!

It's good to have you aboard, Daniel!

Offline RuhrTrooperCosplay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 09:01:09 AM »
It is my honor to be mentioned on the Frontpage, thank you very much.
I have some projects in preparation which I would like to share here then again!

My son was happy to see his costume here. DH

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 10:18:07 AM »
Ruhr Trooper Cosplay impresses me with the E-11 Blaster Rifle he made for me and my Shadow Stormtrooper armour!

This prop replica is 3D printed and all parts are manually assembled and hand painted.
Pictures tell more than words so here it is:

You can unfold the stock and extend the prop up to a lenghth of 69 cm! The guard clips right into the gadget.

So a big shout out to Daniel for making this masterpiece of a prop replica for me! Now I don't hve to customize a Nerf gun for my Stormtrooper armour.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 10:43:20 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 07:22:36 AM »
That is one great looking E-11. Off to the front pages.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 04:39:03 PM »
Damn that looks awesome mate.

Ron

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2019, 02:58:58 AM »
Very cool, and that comes from someone owning a real Steling conversion. I would advise to use brass/bronze weathering on the M-type scope, and maybe even on on the front part of the Hengstler counter.

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2019, 10:56:08 AM »
The E-11 looks amazing.
A great addition to your collection and a big step to complete your Shadow Trooper armour.