Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186164 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #1305 on: March 10, 2024, 12:18:02 AM »
Karph Mest and Onk Foe are two members of the Wandering Star criminal organization, in the same cell as Maaro. (Backstories still to come)

Karph Mest
Nikto criminal (Wandering Star) – Along with most of his species, Karph was enslaved by the Hutts. At some point early in his career as a guard, Karph bet against his Hutt overlord’s favorite gladiator. The gladiator was defeated by his opponent, a Wandering Star fighter, and the Hutt lost a lot of money. Karph was elated and made the mistake of showing it. His Hutt overlord was enraged and almost had him killed when the Wandering Star ambassador offered to cancel the debt in exchange for transferring ownership of Karph to him. With that Karph became a member of the Wandering Star criminal family. added 4/22/2024 :)

Onk Foe:
Gran criminal (Wandering Star) – From Varkana, Onk trained as a podracer mechanic. Though an excellent mechanic, he couldn’t avoid getting his reputation as a mechanic badly damaged when a podracer he serviced crashed during a race, ruining the career of, and nearly killing, its highly popular and very promising driver. Even though it was later determined that Onk was not at fault as a competitor sabotaged the podracer, the damage was done. Angry and desperate for work, he approached an acquaintance he believed had underworld connections looking for a job and an opportunity to punish the racer who had wrecked his career. It turned out that Wandering Star needed operatives with mechanical skills, so Onk became a member of the organization and was able to watch as his superiors, to cement his commitment, put out a bounty on the cheating racer that cost him dearly. added 4/22/2024 :)

together with Maaro

Recipes:
Kharf:
Head/hands/legs = Nikto skiff guard
Arms = Zutton (TVC)
Shemagh = Marauder gun-runners
Torso = Lando skiff guard disguise

Onk:
Head = Ask Aak
Hands = Ree Yees
Hood = Clone Wars cold weather Plo Koon
Arms = Anakin Skywalker Padawan
Torso = Nikto skiff guard
Legs = Land skiff guard
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 11:04:51 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1306 on: March 10, 2024, 06:07:14 AM »
Yep, nice and seedy. Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1307 on: March 10, 2024, 07:06:19 PM »
Thanks, Tamer. I think I'm going to build a couple of humans and maybe a Rodian and call this cell good.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1308 on: March 11, 2024, 05:25:48 AM »
About Kharf: it’s a crazy coincidence that we worked on two very similar customs at the same time. I’m missing one of those scarfs from Marauder’s to recreate this concept from the Mandalorian.
I didn’t know what to do with the Nikto legs, yet. Thanks for the inspiration!
Your kit-bashes came out great!
Here’s my w.I.p. Best wishes from Egypt with not the best wifi.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1309 on: March 13, 2024, 12:18:10 AM »
Hey Philipp - Have fun in Egypt  (and be safe). Thanks for commenting, I look forward to seeing how your gunner turns out.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1310 on: March 13, 2024, 01:29:05 AM »
Jek Taasren - Another member of the Wandering Star cell. Jek grew up in extreme poverty on the lower floors of Coruscant. In an effort to help feed his sick mother and younger siblings, he turned to a life of petty crime - mostly burglary. He made the "mistake" of trying to pickpocket a member of the Wandering Star criminal organization. Instead of punishing him, Jek's "mark" saw an opportunity and Jek became an "apprentice" thief.

Recipe:
Head = Walmart Black Series Cassian Andor (Rogue One)
Torso = Indiana Jones figure
Arms = Lando - skiff guard (Hands from the fodder bin)
Legs = Plo Koon figure (don't remember which iteration)
Holster = Rebel Soldier (Echo Base)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1311 on: March 13, 2024, 02:58:34 AM »
Nice, off to share.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #1312 on: March 14, 2024, 07:51:13 AM »
Great as usual Starchaser. Love the Jabba Goons!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1313 on: March 18, 2024, 06:23:00 PM »
Nice, off to share.

Thanks, Tamer!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1314 on: March 18, 2024, 06:25:54 PM »
Great as usual Starchaser. Love the Jabba Goons!

Thanks, DS. I've got a couple more and an "on the take" politician to finish this cell off. I found the "Wandering Star" in a Wookieepedia entry for criminal organizations as part of the Crymorah Syndicate. It's one of those "just mentioned" groups in the world of Star Wars, so I can play in that playground without offending anyone:)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1315 on: March 19, 2024, 12:06:07 AM »
Hey Philipp - Have fun in Egypt  (and be safe). Thanks for commenting, I look forward to seeing how your gunner turns out.

Thanks Jeff! I had a great week in Egypt and returned to Germany safely. I already returned to the workbench. Great new customs by the way. Jek's story is poignant. I like how you modified Cassian's head.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1316 on: March 21, 2024, 10:12:29 PM »

Thanks Jeff! I had a great week in Egypt and returned to Germany safely. I already returned to the workbench. Great new customs by the way. Jek's story is poignant. I like how you modified Cassian's head.

Thanks, Philipp. Glad you enjoyed Egypt. Did you get to scuba dive or snorkel on this trip? Glad you you like Jek's story. I wanted to use a human head that I had of lot of and figured I'd try the Cassian (not photo real). I'm pretty happy with the way he turned out.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1317 on: March 26, 2024, 10:26:46 PM »
Qesenial Tsarman – A senator representing the Callia Sector on the Inner Rim. The Callia sector is near Hutt space and is not a wealthy sector – its primary economic engine being the prison planet of Ord Vaxal. Between its lack of robust economy and proximity to being pressured by the Hutts, Senator Tsarman was a reasonable risk for criminal groups to approach and bribe. Tsarman, frustrated with the lot of a lesser senator from a poor system, found the potential of additional funds very appealing. In the end, Wandering Star won the “bidding war” that secured the services of the senator. He uses his bureaucratic position to provide information and his travels as a senator for a variety of not so “above board” purposes.

I have some work to do to get that first hat to sit right on his head - its fiddly and that can wait :)
Recipe:
Head = Mattel Batman movie Penguin
Body = Orn Free Taa
Hands = fodder box
Hats = the cap off an adhesive tube//an imperial officer cap turned backwards.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1318 on: March 26, 2024, 10:35:15 PM »
And, no backstory needed: Benthic Two Tubes:

Recipe:
Head = Edrio 5POA (Rogue One Jedha revolt pack)
Upper Torso and skirt = Weequay Skiff Master (the little round electronic "pod" is cut from the Edrio figure)
Arms = Indiana Jones figure (the shoulder armor and hands cut from the Edrio figure)
Duster = DJ Forcelink 2.0
Legs = Rebel Soldier (Echo Base)
On the belt I included two pouches and the buckle assembly from the Edrio figure and cut the satchel pouch off the side of the Weequay Skiff Master's belt and moved it to its present location. He's not screen perfect, but I'm super pleased with how he turned out (especially since I don't think we will ever see him in TCV).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 10:36:54 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1319 on: March 27, 2024, 03:05:26 AM »
Very nice. Off to share.