Author Topic: You can embed videos into the forums now!  (Read 4197 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
You can embed videos into the forums now!
« on: January 17, 2016, 06:56:47 AM »
I have been on the fence about this one for awhile and I can't say I will continue this if I hear of any glaring issues or problem, but we now allow you to embed your Youtube Videos directly into a forums post!

It is a very simple process:

1. Find the Youtube Video Embed Code you want under share, embed, and then choose a regular size (600 pixels or so). Anything outrageously large will just be deleted. Remember folks can always choose to go full screen.

2. In the posting before you paste the code you need to use the

[html ]  tag and then paste the video embed code and then after the video embed code use the [ /html] tag. I put an extra space in the bbc html code so it would display, just note you don't need that extra space when you do it for real or it won't work.

You can also center the video by selecting the video link code and hitting the centered option if you prefer that look.

It is that simple. Remember, we are a family friendly place here so no offensive or graphic videos. Of course posting anything of that nature is immediate ban material anyway, but we want to give you as many features here as we can. Have fun and enjoy it Yarders!

Here is a video embed of how you do it if my instructions are confusing!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:59:55 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: You can embed videos into the forums now!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 06:18:27 AM »
Ok folks. I have added a  new mod that will allow you to upload your YouTube, vimeo, and imgur videos. You will see icons right beside the change color feature or you can use the [ youtube] brackets.

All you will need is the embed link for example:

http s://www.youtube.com/embed/m9rxTfNJPCY

Find the video you want to show and hit share, embed, and see the link on YouTube. Whatever is between the quotes for the src field is what you want.

Then just paste that in the reply box and hit the youtube icon right under the change color feature.

You should then see the YouTube code surround your link (you can also type it in manually):

You hit post and you should see your video appear.

For some reason as an admin it worked for me, but until I installed the new package regular members were not able to do so. That has now been corrected and thanks for being patient with me while I got this figured out. I told myself I wasn't stopping today until I found something that would work.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:47:22 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: You can embed videos into the forums now!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 06:48:02 AM »
Folks I also just enabled an auto embed feature so if you just post your link it should auto format it for you to show up!