Author Topic: does anyone know anything about the 3A wwrp figures?  (Read 1766 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
does anyone know anything about the 3A wwrp figures?
« on: November 27, 2015, 08:35:22 PM »
   I was able to buy one of these 3A WWRP figures pretty cheap, well compared to other prices I've seen. This one is called DIY, I guess you're supposed to customize it or paint it? I can only find very little info about them. They come in 1/12 scale and 1/6. I was going to use it for fodder but its pretty badass. (See picture)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 08:42:35 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: does anyone know anything about the 3A wwrp figures?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 10:48:28 AM »
Looks pretty cool to me!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 05:28:48 PM »
All I know is that they're considered designer figures like urban vinyl. I've seen some really good WWR customs. I just don't know anything about them. I might try my hand customizing this one. They make these cool looking robots too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 07:40:52 PM »
That coat needs some work, but the rest seems pretty good for the price.

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 06:46:14 AM »
I would imagine by now you've found the info you need on these but if not, WWRP (world war robot portable) is the 6 inch line. The DIY lines were originally membership gifts to those who have a 3A membership. I have like 6 thanks to that. Hah. Now the only way you really find them is on eBay (a seller named Skamantha seems to have an endless supply of them). They are cool figures. 3A stuff is pretty rad, but as was mentioned they are designer toys so they are expensive, especially if you're looking at their 12 inch line.
Side note- make sure you use the right kind of dye for the clothing. The stitching is synthetic so if you don't use the right synthetic dye you'll end up with a black pants (or whatever color you dye it) with big white stitches

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 11:07:51 AM »
Thanks for the info. I forgot all about it. Lol. They are really cool. Good tip on the dye, it would look goofy with white stitches. Thanks bud.