Author Topic: NYCC 2015 Hasbro Q and A Session  (Read 9744 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: NYCC 2015 Hasbro Q and A Session
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 02:43:25 PM »
That's true though. They should ask us questions on how to make their product better. Imagine that, they would get all kinds of conflicting results, it wouldn't work. I would think the Q&A is just as beneficial to them, because they're getting honest respectful constructive criticism. They won't get that in a room full of executives. Its like a focus group type of thing, but they don't have to pay anyone.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:19:35 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 05:04:27 PM »
Folks I can't argue with a lot of what you are saying. And you are correct in that the majority of sites deal with this kind of thing when asking questions. Still, it was quite interesting to see they are indeed watching here and are, at the very least, acknowledging there is some disconnect. Stay tuned as I will definitely try to use the opportunity to lead to more discussion and hopefully positive change in the line. Little did I ever realize when I first logged into a fan site forum that one day I could perhaps poke a little positive change towards a product we all hold dear. I will hold the line folks while at the same time trying to be courteous and professional in a world that seems mad at times.

Offline KIM

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 04:17:24 AM »
I haven't bought anything yet from TFA, as a collector there's been nothing of sufficient quality to make a purchase, as a grandparent there's a couple of of items that may make the xmas list. I've already chosen Thunderbirds over Star Wars for a birthday present weighing up quality and value for money before making my purchase. It'll be harder for Hasbro to regain the trust of buyers after this shoddy start.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2015, 05:03:05 AM »
   That's the thing though, I have absolute zero interest in TFA merchandise, because believe it or not I haven't seen the movie yet. To ask consumers to spend millions of dollars to buy merchandise for a movie no one has seen yet is bold. I remember when ep.1 merch came out I bought a bunch of figures and I had no idea who the characters were. I saw the movie and I stopped collecting altogether, until recently. I will not make that mistake again.
   Once I see the movie I will determine which merchandise I want to invest in. I can't throw money around all willy nilly, who can.  Some of those weird desert characters I can't tell if they're good guys or what.
   I've heard of people selling their entire SW collection to buy TFA stuff. On that note eBay has great prices on TAC figures. In my opinion TAC was the best line Hasbro ever created.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:23:49 AM by JDeck »

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 10:01:08 AM »
I haven't spent a dime on TFA toys and the way it looks, I probably will not spend any money on it at all.
Still, there are plenty of cool figures out there to pick up second-hand and that's where my money goes: nicely articulated figures.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2015, 07:08:10 AM »
To each his own. For me right now it is the First Order Troopers for the most part. Like JDECK I can't get behind everything until I see the movie.

New Imperials, however, that have the McQuarrie look I can and will deal with!

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 12:48:22 PM »
This should be shown to Hasbro at the next panel. If this is what their WalMart exclusive retail concept is suposed to look like they are even more moronic than I ever thought.
Check out WalMart's online store for more "exclusive" pricing on basic Star Wars action figures.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2016, 02:50:50 AM »
Volker, I am sure interested to hear their answer about their wal mart line, but how much do you want to think it will go something like this?

"We do not set the prices our retailers may or may not charge when they list our merchandise"

If we were really lucky they may say we will look into it, but bottom line is those retailers buy huge amounts of products and as soon as their orders are places Hasbro is out of it in regards to what prices they charge. And of course you have etailers like amazon.com who charge way less sometimes than normal prices. I am not saying its fair, but we can only let them know through our purchases.