Author Topic: Drakos' Customs  (Read 5752 times)

Offline Drakos

• Cadet
  • Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad vode' an
    • Toy Photography
Re: Drakos' Customs
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 11:09:27 AM »
Mega-Update Bomb!

Here are 4 of the customs that I've been working on intermittently. For the most part, these guys are mostly finished. . . Up until I decide that I want to change something about them again. Haha. You guys know how it is.

From Left to Right
1. Arsonist Mandalorian
2. 1313 Boba Fett
3. First Order Snowtrooper
4. Alien Smuggler

Flayed Wilson, the Mandalorian Arsonist

Named as such as a tribute to the Merc with a Mouth, this Mandalorian Arsonist trades off the mobility that a jetpack provides for a high-capacity flamethrower, making him extremely effective at close quarters and in tight areas. He also uses a modified Buy'ce that allows for better smoke filtration and extra breathing oxygen.

For this custom, I used the Jaster Mereel Body combined with the TVC Captain Fordo Phase 2 Helmet and the First Order Flametrooper's weapons.

1313 Boba Fett

This custom has been one of my longest running customs and isn't technically finished based on my source material, but as he stands, I'm already pretty satisfied.

If ever I'd add anything in the future, it'd be the leather strap that runs across his chest and the shoulder armor plates. Aside from that, I might just mess around to create more accurate weapons.

For this guy, I just used the Jango Fett that comes with removable armor and just sculpted everything else  onto him.

Source Material:

First Order Snowtrooper

As you guys know, the current state of 3.75 figures is pretty frustrating. Which was why I couldn't pass on the opportunity to create a custom FO Snowtrooper using a Black Series Snowtrooper Commander that I got for really cheap and nicking the head, rifle, and backpack of the 5POA FO Snowtrooper.

I had to adjust  the headpost and sculpt on some other details, to make the look more consistent though. As he stands, I'm considering sculpting shoulder plate armor to go for a more accurate look. aside from that all that I'm lacking are the paint details and I've yet to attach his backpack. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with how he's turned out so far.

Alien Smuggler

This guy was inspired by the Wild West look of the Smuggler in the Old Republic MMO.
I know this basically looks like a Cad Bane headswap, but I actually swapped his legs with a TCW Aurra Sing for better articulation and then swapped the head for the changeling head of Zam Wesell. To be honest, I could've kept the Cad Bane head, but I really don't like Cad Bane, so I've been looking for alternatives.

Anyway, that's all for now!
Hope you guys liked 'em!
Hopefully in the future I'll be able to share some of the other kitbashes I've done for fun and the Wookie Hunter Custom I've been working on intermittently.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 07:08:54 AM »
Looks great to me. Off to share on the pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 11:04:02 PM »
Great job on these. The "arsonist" Mando is really fun (maybe you should call him a "cleaner" or "eradicator"). I really like how the alien smuggler turned out - great parts combination.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2016, 07:01:41 AM »
I remember the helmet from that Arsonist Custom. Came off a clone pilot from CW right? I so keep hoping that 1313 gets dug out of retirement and made. I like the Custom Mando with that one too.

Had to spotlight Arsonist on the front page again.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 07:09:52 AM by Tamer »

Offline Drakos

• Cadet
    • Toy Photography
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2016, 01:36:59 AM »
Great job on these. The "arsonist" Mando is really fun (maybe you should call him a "cleaner" or "eradicator"). I really like how the alien smuggler turned out - great parts combination.

Thanks Starchaser! Great Idea! I've been thinking maybe something along the lines of Mandalorian Purifier.

Offline Drakos

• Cadet
    • Toy Photography
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2016, 01:41:33 AM »
I remember the helmet from that Arsonist Custom. Came off a clone pilot from CW right? I so keep hoping that 1313 gets dug out of retirement and made. I like the Custom Mando with that one too.

Had to spotlight Arsonist on the front page again.

Thanks Tamer! and thanks for the repeat feature! I'm not sure if they used this helmet sculpt for other clone figures, but the one I used came specifically from the ARC Commander Trooper from the Vintage Collection as seen here:
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/vintagecollection/evg/ARC-Trooper-Commander-The-Vintage-Collection-VC54.html

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2016, 07:50:40 AM »
Yeah, thats the trooper. Thanks for the link. I know we saw it first on a Clone Pilot in the first version of Clone Wars I believe though. I need to go find that image. It will bug me.

Found it.

Trooper from CW. At least I got that part right. I wonder whey they used that sculpt for the Phase II of Fordo? Anyhow, back to the topic at hand. It works fantastic on your Trooper.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 07:54:20 AM by Tamer »

Offline Drakos

• Cadet
    • Toy Photography
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2016, 08:32:39 AM »
Oh that's the Clone Wars you were talking about!

Ha! It's been so long since I've watched that series that I've forgotten quite a bit of the story. I've got to find my old copy and re-watch that version of the Clone Wars. Man those were the days.

No offense to the fans of the more recent The Clone Wars, but I still infinitely prefer this older version of the Clone Wars. Oh Man.

Anyway, as to why they used that trooper, according to the Wookiepedia article on Fordo, it seems to be him. I honestly can't remember. I'll have to dig through all my junk to see if I can find my copy of that old series.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ARC-77

Thanks again for the compliments Tamer!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2016, 02:11:19 AM »
Don't tell anyone, but I prefer the first version too.