Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's 2- Endor, Enemy Contact - 1:12 15/09/2023  (Read 440121 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 - Tatooine Dio completed P89. 09/04/17
« Reply #1335 on: April 09, 2017, 07:24:28 PM »
Hi All,

This is gong to be another 2 in 1 display using the Bandai Stormtroopers and I have repainted them into Shocktroopers and Painted and slightly weathered them using Vallejo paints.  I still need to weather them with pastel chalks and make their backpacks and their bases.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 - Shocktroopers 2 in 1 Dio WIP P90. 10/04/17
« Reply #1336 on: April 10, 2017, 04:13:04 AM »
Hi All,

Last update for the tonight, I have done a little wash to the troopers using a mix of medium grey and matt black and will finsih the weathering tomorrow.

I have also done the back packs their not 100% accurate but I love the way they turned out.

Everything on the back packs as the Bandai Sandtrooper pack except for the following - Small white tube with the tube going into it and into the side, The long rod on the rightand the small white top, these were done using plastic tube and the long tube is from a 1:20 scale M.ak SF3D kits

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1337 on: April 10, 2017, 05:07:49 AM »
They look great Ron. I am out of internet at home, but used a quick work break to get these on the front page.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1338 on: April 10, 2017, 03:54:35 PM »
Hi All,

They look great Ron. I am out of internet at home, but used a quick work break to get these on the front page.

Cheers Shawn.

Ron

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #1339 on: April 11, 2017, 04:01:58 PM »
sorry i am behind again but with good reason and you will see why on may the 4th lol Anyway you never cease to amaze with your Mini Dioramas ! I have one coming that is inspired by your work Tha t im sure you will like . But love the work you do my friend . Very inspiring

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1340 on: April 11, 2017, 04:57:26 PM »
Hi All,

sorry i am behind again but with good reason and you will see why on may the 4th lol Anyway you never cease to amaze with your Mini Dioramas ! I have one coming that is inspired by your work Tha t im sure you will like . But love the work you do my friend . Very inspiring

All good buddy and thanks heaps and can't wait to see your dio and also what you have coming on May the 4th.

Ron

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #1341 on: April 12, 2017, 01:02:44 AM »
Heres a question i once tried to paint with acrylics on the project foam board but it would end up warping. Is it the paper exterior or the actual foam in the middle that reacts like this with the water in the paint? I heard if i paint both sides it wont warp as bad, however i already seperated the paper from the foam center and was wongering if it would warp if i paint on the foam itself?

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1342 on: April 12, 2017, 01:17:57 AM »
Heres a question i once tried to paint with acrylics on the project foam board but it would end up warping. Is it the paper exterior or the actual foam in the middle that reacts like this with the water in the paint? I heard if i paint both sides it wont warp as bad, however i already seperated the paper from the foam center and was wongering if it would warp if i paint on the foam itself?

Hey mate, foam board will warp using acrylics and you can stop this by strengthening the back with more foam board or balsa wood etc. Peeling both sides of the foam will make the foam warp but you can keep it straight by pinning it and then painting it or strengthening one side.

The other thing that I find works is to do things,

1 - give the paper side a spray of adhesive spray this will strengthen the paper.

2 - this is what I do - give the paper side a spray of a undercoat paint like matt black or grey this will also strengthen the paper.

Hope this helps and let us know how you go.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1343 on: April 12, 2017, 08:00:16 PM »
Hi All,

The Shocktroopers and bases are done and I changed my mind and decided to have two totally different bases instead of the 2 in 1 dio. I decicded to still have a simple Tatooine one and also went with a Endor base as well.

Recipe

Troopers - are from Bandai and have been built straight out of the box and then painted and weathered using Vallejo paints and Pastel Chalks. I have also given them an E-11 each with an extra hand glued to the weapon to save on having to pull apart the hand to add the next weapon.

The back packs have been made using plasticcard and left parts from the Bandai Sandtrooper back pack and the hose are left over parts from 1:20 scale S3FD mech suit kits.

Endor Base - is made using the Bandai stand that comes with the figures and have had balsa wood sides added. The ground work is a mix of static grass, dried moss, and potty mix, I mixed the lot together and then glued it to the base.

Once the ground work was dry I then gave it a good heavy wash of Vallejo Dark Brown and let it dry. Once dry I added the small plastic plants wich are from Joe Fixit Studios and the grass tufts are from miniNatur, the small ferns are laser cut from MIG and the large soft plastic fern I picked up from the local craft store and cut the ends off. Once all the plants were glued in place I gave all teh plastic plants a light wash of Vallejo Medium Green and then I gave them a 50/50 mix of Vallejo Medium Green/Medium Olive.

The small stone is made up using a mix of spakfilla and sand and once dry I used spafkilla to cover that. The moss on the stone is a mix of fine sand and spakfilla with Vallejo Medium Olive to give it depth.

Tatooine Base - has the Bandai figure base with balsa wood for the sides. I used a 60/40 mix of spakfilla/sand and then once added to the base and it was dry I used Vallejo Iraqui Sand to paint it. The small stone was done using the same mix as the sand and while it was hardening I used a small sandstone and lightly pressed in the mix to give it more realism.

The small stone was painted using Vallejo Dark Brown and then a was of Vallejo Dark Sand and once dry I used Patel Chalks to weather it.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1344 on: April 12, 2017, 08:00:57 PM »
4 more.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1345 on: April 12, 2017, 08:01:39 PM »
another 4

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1346 on: April 12, 2017, 08:02:17 PM »
last 4.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 - Shocktrooper Dio's Completed P90. 13/04/17
« Reply #1347 on: April 13, 2017, 04:44:21 AM »
Hi All,

Next project is a WIP Kanan Jarrus in stormtrooper disguise. The head is the Hasbro's BS 6" line and the body is from Bandai, I need to paint the face and black area's and make a base.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 - Kanan Jarrus Stormtrooper Disguise WIP P90. 13/04/17
« Reply #1348 on: April 13, 2017, 05:08:54 AM »
Ron, wow on those Shocktroopers. Love the paint work on those helmets.

That Kanan is already looking good too. Off to share the latest.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 - Kanan Jarrus Stormtrooper Disguise WIP P90. 13/04/17
« Reply #1349 on: April 13, 2017, 05:33:04 PM »
Ron, wow on those Shocktroopers. Love the paint work on those helmets.

That Kanan is already looking good too. Off to share the latest.

Thanks heaps Shawn and I have another Kanan coming but that one will have a the body and a stormtrooper helmet painted by Sabine I think.

Ron