Author Topic: What other lines work with Star Wars 3.75" figures?  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
What other lines work with Star Wars 3.75" figures?
« on: April 29, 2015, 07:19:32 PM »
I've been getting more into customizing figures lately, and am curious as to what other action figure heads work with the Star Wars 3.75" figures. I know GI Joe Retaliation, Rise of Cobra lines work but sometimes those figures can get a bit pricey. I've also come across the Indiana Jones figures, and the Marvel figures are ok but a lot of the heads have masks on them which I'm not looking for.

The reason I want to use other lines, for example, is this: I'm in the process of making a figure of rebel pilot Olin Garn from X-wing Alliance. He is African-American. I had a custom of him before, but it was with the old articulation. I'm updating him so he has the modern articulation. The head I was using was Mace Windu. Whenever I looked at the figure I always said "That's just Mace Windu in X-wing gear."  I just can't use one character's head for a custom and say "Oh this is so-and-so."  I ended up picking up a Roadblock figure from the GI Joe 25th Anniversary line.

I'm looking for the heads that are the "pull-n-pop" type.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:22:29 PM by Goldleaderone »
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: What other lines work with Star Wars 3.75" figures?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 03:34:10 AM »
What about a poc Heavy Duty or a renegades Ripcord head?

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 08:30:14 AM »
Thanks Clint. I ended up getting the Roadblock figure for Olin Garn. Those 2 you mentioned are pretty good but I needed someone who was bald. I was curious as to what other figures I can use besides GI Joe, Indy and Marvel.

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 01:01:10 AM »
I've been getting more into customizing figures lately, and am curious as to what other action figure heads work with the Star Wars 3.75" figures. I know GI Joe Retaliation, Rise of Cobra lines work but sometimes those figures can get a bit pricey. I've also come across the Indiana Jones figures, and the Marvel figures are ok but a lot of the heads have masks on them which I'm not looking for.

The reason I want to use other lines, for example, is this: I'm in the process of making a figure of rebel pilot Olin Garn from X-wing Alliance. He is African-American. I had a custom of him before, but it was with the old articulation. I'm updating him so he has the modern articulation. The head I was using was Mace Windu. Whenever I looked at the figure I always said "That's just Mace Windu in X-wing gear."  I just can't use one character's head for a custom and say "Oh this is so-and-so."  I ended up picking up a Roadblock figure from the GI Joe 25th Anniversary line.

I'm looking for the heads that are the "pull-n-pop" type.

I am like that too with character heads but its worse on movie heads cu i will be like oh thats just (insert actors name) in a costume

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 03:36:45 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. For me, if its a Star Wars custom and I need a particular head, I'm gonna look outside of Star Wars.