Author Topic: Jedi Interceptor  (Read 1540 times)

Offline ServO

• Cadet
Jedi Interceptor
« on: January 14, 2015, 09:14:49 AM »
Howdy team!

It's been a long while since I've posted any of my work here...my last project generated a little buzz...
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9056.0
Mostly positive, but some negative too lol!
I bought this Jedi Interceptor snap-tite kit last year and it has been sitting on my bench in pieces for quite some time, so I decided to have a go at it, and do it up ServO style...

I re-built the engines, adding larger thrusters, and a few greebles...I also removed the astromech and replaced that with a sensor/antenna station. I added wingtip cannons, and some stabilizer fins near the center top, as well as some larger shield generators on the ventral (bottom) side.
The model was then completely re-painted, given some heavy weathering/age complete with scratches and dings, and a few decals from my extras bin.
I decided to paint the areas underneath the opening wings an orange color, kind of like the rebel snow speeder.
Overall I'm happy with the final results, and just have to construct a proper stand/display for her.
Sorry about the crappy pics...photography isn't my primary talent.

All comments and critique are welcome.

Thank you for looking!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Jedi Interceptor
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 11:19:14 AM »
That is awesome!! It looks to me like something the rebels would use. Really cool.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 11:30:13 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 04:10:43 AM »
You can read my comments about this work and your other one on the front page. Great to see you back around.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 03:34:09 AM »
Beautifully done.

Ron