Author Topic: Walmart  (Read 38962 times)

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
Re: Walmart
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 09:54:23 AM »
Sigh...CW 2 packs have been spotted now around the country as well. I want these so bad!

I'm hitting all 5 Walmarts today without question. Target and K-Mart are officially off the loop until Walmart comes through for me.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 10:10:51 AM »
Heard about the two packs and evo sets hitting here in kc. One store got the two packs the day after I checked it, arrergh!
Getting shifted to a jobsite near the stateline store so I will check it on my way home.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 10:30:08 AM »
Just checked Walmart.com for new stuff. Know how many items they list in star wars toys? 17
That's just pitiful.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2009, 06:48:01 AM »
Well, I was 0-5 yesterday.   :'(

I guess we are just never going to get anything new around here.

Or else everything will show up at the same time when I don't have enough $$$ to buy all of it.

Not having new toys is bad enough, but not having new toys while other people are getting them in other places really stinks.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2009, 08:15:55 AM »
crap crap crap! Since the stateline store had nothing on we'd, I skipped it yesterday. I just read at coreplanets.com that they got the two packs and the ego packs in yesterday.
Arrerrgh!
Looks like I am getting rained out today. I may check both the raytown and blueridge stores on the way home.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2009, 09:42:50 AM »
I managed to make it by one non-local WM last night.  Of note, a Turbo Tank, a shadow ARC, the CORPS! armored speeder, and some Trek figs.  Comic packs were the Ewoks, Sunber/Amanin, & Quarren/Mon Cal Rogue Squadron pilots - at full price.  Of the HK47 wave, they had 1x Owen and 2x Typho.  Now, come CW figs, they had Windu w/ armor, Ani and Ahsoka in spacesuits, Echo, Denal?, and others.  No Cad Bane, tho.  I picked up ONE of the Trek figs, a Cadet McCoy, I think, that were piled up on a clearance rack but not tagged.  Needless to say, they were $6.97, NOT marked down on clearance like their neighbors.  Kinda torqued me, but wasn't a surprise.  No Darktrooper 2-packs.  No lots of things.  ROC Joes were fairly well represented - I found the one I wanted at the front of the pegs, so I didn't dig any further.  No need in depressing myself over what I can't get right now.   :-X

I didn't get any SW figs - admittedly, I was carrying around the Windu for the armor parts, the Space Ani for the jetpack, and the Ahsoka for the...potential.  I *almost* got that CORPS! speeder.  Yes, it is that kool.  If I had a couple of Hailfire Droid missle racks, I'd scoop it up and build a Battlefront  AAC-1 out of it!

I got the Joe for a specific purpose and the Trek fig for the parts.  I figure I'll repaint his lame self to use as a station background denizen later.  Prolly a maintenance dweeb.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2009, 11:23:14 AM »
Doc, If you happen to get back there, I will trade you one of my  evo rebel pilot 3 packs for a minty ewok comic pack.
Darth Aussie is needing one.

At the raytown store, I scored a y-wing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the only one that they had. They did put those evo packs in the clearance isle again and I picked one up for doc but didnt deem them quite minty enough to get one for Tamer unless he wants one. A little shelf wear on one corner, buddy.

I then went to the blue ridge store and found a droid factory pack minus the stolen parts for $13, Corren Horn and Whistler astromech. Also, they had the star trek figs on clearance again for $5. Masterfett, they had an original spock with the t2 part, I believe, if you still need one.
  On an endcap in the back of the toy section, they had the clone wars 2 packs and the new evo sets. They were minus the imperial pilots II set but I grabbed the other two and the two packs.

Finially, I found some new stuff. I used clone cash in 4 different transactions today and in between my walmart discount and the clone cash, I saved about $35. "yes, I stopped by a TRU, also.
I gotta run to the lake but will email some pics to Tamer if he has time to post em.

SCORE!!!!!! Now to find the one last evo pack, that pesky snail tank, and those darn battle packs.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2009, 01:32:14 PM »
I'll grab one next time I'm up that way.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2009, 04:18:30 PM »
I put up in the local finds thread Clint, sorry. I saw the evo pilot pack and saw the tag and damage, I guess I am still momc guy, good call.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2009, 05:06:08 PM »
Walmart finally did me right...I found a great stash of the new CW 2 packs as well as the TLC Evo sets.

Those 2 packs are freaking sweet...a great score.

Bring on the Y-Wing and Octuparra Droid! (no sign of either yet here...)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2009, 05:22:05 PM »
Thanks for that, shawn! Yeah, I figured you needed it minter than that.
Yes, McMetal, I agree that those new two packs are sweet!
That settles it, I am collecting skinny cw clones now!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2009, 05:22:55 AM »
I'll grab one next time I'm up that way.

thanks Doc, i'll appreciate it....TY Clint too for the notice and heads up to Doc...

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 09:38:08 AM »
I went hunting for Octuparra Droids and the CW 2-Pack Wave 2 figs, but no luck.

One of the Wal-Mart's did have the new Legacy figs in though...sadly only 1 of each. I wanted a Rumsleg for sheer coolness, but the helmet looked pretty deformed in the only one they had. I decided to pass; they're bound to start showing up elsewhere soon enough.

Why did VA get passed over for the new exclusive?

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2009, 12:31:52 PM »
GGGAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE OCTUPARRA! REPEAT: WE HAVE OCTUPARRA!

I picked mine up at lunchtime...the Walmart near my office had just put them out on display. Best $36.75 I ever spent! (Although they were displayed along with all the $24.77 starfighters, sneaky) I was hard pressed not to buy TWO of them!

It has some serious heft...this is a solid package, fellas.

Go get 'em!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2009, 02:33:55 PM »
You are scoring the goodies I can't find, McMetal!
How bout a pix of that bad boy?