Author Topic: JDeck's machines, models, monsters and miscellaneous.  (Read 95305 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: JDeck's machines, models, monsters and miscellaneous.
« Reply #405 on: October 21, 2016, 07:44:45 PM »
Outstanding JD he looks like he walked out of the movie.

Ron
  Thanks Ron! I started laying the groundwork. Btw thanks for all the great tips on making sand dios over the years.
Looks good. Off to share.
    Thanks Tamer! I got my Bandai Captain Phasma today, so that'll be a fun build.

Your welcome JD and glad they helped you out and the dio looks awesome.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #406 on: October 25, 2016, 04:33:56 PM »
  I built this 1/12 Bandai Captain Phasma. Its a cool kit, same as most of the other figures exept its vac-plated chrome. The kit comes with 2 capes, a hard plastic articulated cape and a soft goods one. I despise the articulated cape, and the soft goods looked like a black dryer sheet. So I ordered a loose TBS phasma cape,  however it has one drawback,  you can't position her crouching or anything, but I can live with it. She doesnt do anything in the movie anyway. I also painted the Blaster "Jet Exhaust " to be more screen  accurate and to give it contrast, so its not chrome on chrome. Actually I need to detail it with some black. I might weather it SLIGHTLY. meybe even build a dio or something, i dunno we'll see what inspiration comes.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:26:43 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #407 on: October 25, 2016, 07:26:22 PM »
Great work JD and yeah a cloth cape is the way to go for sure.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #408 on: October 26, 2016, 03:08:29 AM »
Off to share! Love the metal paint job on this.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #409 on: October 26, 2016, 04:55:59 AM »

Ron
     Thanks Ron! Usually I get soft goods from richor409 but man it takes 3 weeks to arrive. Last time it got all the way to my local PS and they sent it back. That really turned me off. Its not his fault but that was it for me. I like the black series cape though, nice details.
Off to share! Love the metal paint job on this.
Thanks Tamer! Yeah I like the chrome, there's no other way to go for this figure.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #410 on: October 26, 2016, 05:24:54 AM »

Ron

Thanks Ron! Usually I get soft goods from richor409 but man it takes 3 weeks to arrive. Last time it got all the way to my local PS and they sent it back. That really turned me off. Its not his fault but that was it for me. I like the black series cape though, nice details.

I got my first cloth goods from richor409 and it took 2 weeks but a few days the parcel was at customs as they opened it. So 1.5-2 weeks deliver time is good for where I live and his cloth goods are awesome, I picked up a 2 x Luke Farm boy tops and 2 x Brown Jedi robes.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
1/14000 Star Destroyer Slipway. Pt.1 W.I.P.
« Reply #411 on: January 19, 2017, 04:22:13 PM »
   I've had this Bandai 1/14000 Star Destroyer for a while, and it's a great little kit. However there isn't anything in the same scale to go along with it, not even the Armada miniatures. So I thought it would be cool to make an Imperial Shipyard. Though in technical terms it's more like a Slipway, or an orbital drydock, but it's where they make Star Destroyers. Right now this is just the basic frame, I still need a lot more detail. I have some photo etch 1/700 railings for the beams or whatever. But, this is the general idea. I thought of getting another SD kit and make it look like it's being constructed.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:05:31 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #412 on: January 20, 2017, 03:20:25 AM »
Well now if that isn't the coolest thing I have seen all week. An Imperial Shipyard at Imperial Shipyards! Does it get any better than that I don't know! Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #413 on: January 20, 2017, 05:20:27 PM »
Well now if that isn't the coolest thing I have seen all week. An Imperial Shipyard at Imperial Shipyards! Does it get any better than that I don't know! Off to share.

Lol. Thank you Tamer! Yeah, I thought you'd get a kick out of it. Originally I was going to do something else, but I  couldn't think of a cooler thing than an Imperial Shipyard on the Imperial Shipyards.  I'm almost done adding parts and greebles,  I'll have an update soon. Well alright meybe a peek. The forks are almost done, I still need to add detail to the hangars inside and out.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:58:47 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #414 on: January 20, 2017, 09:16:56 PM »
Awesome work JD and awesome idea.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #415 on: January 21, 2017, 06:58:07 AM »
Needless to say I am loving this project. The update makes it look even better. Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #416 on: January 21, 2017, 05:53:49 PM »
Awesome work JD and awesome idea.

Ron
   Thank you Ron! I've been wanting to build something like this for a while, especially after seeing Rogue one. That Shield gate was cool looking.

Needless to say I am loving this project. The update makes it look even better. Off to share.
      Thanks Tamer! I had an idea, to make an Imperial Shipyards decal to place on the display base. That might be cool. We'll see, I haven't gotten that far.
   I do like the older style with the Star Destroyer. If you have some graphics in your archives Tamer. If you would, post a couple on here, I can copy and have something printed out.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:48:32 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #417 on: January 22, 2017, 06:33:09 AM »
Woah, an ISY Base sounds fantastic too. So cool, I am having a hard time not wanting to own this one. Really cool work.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #418 on: January 22, 2017, 10:56:14 AM »
Woah, an ISY Base sounds fantastic too. So cool, I am having a hard time not wanting to own this one. Really cool work.
  All I can say is we'll see how it turns out. As long as I don't make a catastrophic mistake it should be pretty cool.  I am curious to see how it looks painted.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 09:41:55 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #419 on: January 24, 2017, 08:02:47 PM »
  I've been debating whether to paint it dark grey or light grey or even hull red brown. So I ended up with a medium grey. It is light but it contrasts the near white of the Star Destroyer. I will paint the hangar interior darker, and meybe some of the rigging hull red. I still need to build the Star Destroyer specifically for this build, meybe in the building process. We'll see, easier said than done. Im actually watching a show about how mega ships are built, that's another reason I did this build, I'm a big nerd about stuff like this.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:08:24 PM by JDeck »