Author Topic: JDeck's machines, models, monsters and miscellaneous.  (Read 95285 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: JDeck's machines, models, monsters and miscellaneous.
« Reply #360 on: July 08, 2016, 07:03:28 AM »
I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #361 on: July 08, 2016, 03:06:36 PM »
   Here's the end result of the liquid mask flaking. Worked as expected. I gave it a clear coat to stop further flaking. I need to give it some washes, once the clear dries.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 03:11:30 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Rebel Alliance AT-RT.
« Reply #362 on: July 08, 2016, 06:38:05 PM »
  I'm almost finished with the vehicle part. I weathered it, added some bags, equipment, weapons and so on. I spliced the main gun with the heavy repeater from the Bandai stormtrooper kit. Its bigger and more detailed than the original. I just need to touch it up a bit. Then finish the figure, and make some kind of jungle scene.
  I get a lot of inspiration for these vehicles from WW2 movies. I watched Castle Keep the other day. I liked the beginning when they were drudging through the mud in that old jeep. i might make it something like that.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 07:04:05 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #363 on: July 09, 2016, 06:35:44 AM »
Nice, time to go share this. FB is acting wonky, but its on the main page for sure.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #364 on: July 09, 2016, 10:40:59 PM »
WOW buddy you have been busy. You have done an awesome job on all of the but I have to say the AT-RT looks impressive.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #365 on: July 10, 2016, 05:04:45 PM »
Nice, time to go share this. FB is acting wonky, but its on the main page for sure.
  Thanks Tamer!
WOW buddy you have been busy. You have done an awesome job on all of the but I have to say the AT-RT looks impressive.

Ron
[/quote .

Thanks! I like to experiment with new products on projects like this. The liquid mask works well and I may use it on the Slave I kit. I'd like to see how Silly Putty works with making camouflage, I may use that on my next project. Whatever that may be, maybe another AAT, as I wasn't pleased with the one I made.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 06:39:57 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Revell Imperial Shuttle review.
« Reply #366 on: September 21, 2016, 01:29:31 PM »
  I got one of the Revell Imperial Shuttles. Its the new recasting and the plastic isn't as white and shiny. That kind of sucks a little, but the paint apps are a little nicer.  Other than that its the same shuttle as the earlier 2010 model. You can display it in both landed and in flight. It has landing gear, but I was too lazy to put it together just to show you. A lot of folks assume its 1/72 scale because of the  figures it comes with, but they are way too big. I did my research and it comes out to 1/144.
    I also got a couple Hot Wheels TIE fighters. I think they're about the same scale, 1/144 or so. The hot wheels TIE isnt too bad it is die cast so not a ton of detail, but itll work as background  pieces. Personally I think they are better than the Black Series Titanium fighters, plus theyre inexpensive and very easy to find.
     So i think making it Darth Vader's Shuttle, with TIE fighter entourage,  would be cool. I thought about making the Endor Landing platform, but would be too dang big. Actually Im not sure what im going to do with it. Meybe take it apart again and run LEDs through it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 08:21:48 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Inform the Commander that Lord Vader's Shuttle has arrived.
« Reply #367 on: September 21, 2016, 04:15:29 PM »
  Alright, so i decided to add some LEDs to the shuttle. I should be able to put the battery and switch inside the cockpit. The tricky part is getting a light diffuser curved to the shape of the engines, but i had a very simple idea. I cut out the engine thrusters. Afterwards  I cut a .5" diameter tube to length, then I cut it longways in half. The blue lights will go on the inside and the tube will diffuse it, so it will be a soft consistent glow. I just need time for my lights to arrive, we'll be set.  I've seen folks try many different ways to tackle this conundrum, but my way is super simple. You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 04:34:20 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #368 on: September 21, 2016, 05:35:22 PM »
Another fantastic display once it's completed.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2016, 03:11:56 AM »
Enjoyed reading your review. Nice new dio. Off to share the latest.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2016, 09:14:05 AM »
Another fantastic display once it's completed.

Ron
  Thanks Ron! Yeah it ought to be good. I need to figure out how to mount the shuttle. I belive it was designed by Revell to be balanced, which is great.
Enjoyed reading your review. Nice new dio. Off to share the latest.
Thanks Tamer! Yeah i like those little Hot Wheels ships. I totally  discredited them until i saw a display at one of my stores, they looked pretty good. The shuttle is pretty nice too. Even though its basically the same as the  2010, overall with the paint apps and all, its better. Back when i built the 2010 model, i was not at all impressed with it. Meybe im not as scrupulous as I was back then.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:43:38 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Dammit Jim I'm a Doctor not an electrician!
« Reply #371 on: September 25, 2016, 06:26:14 AM »
   Okay. I got my LEDs in the mail, and im back to work. Special  thanks to Evans design at modeltrainsoftware.com they make things very easy. You order everything you need. All the bulbs are pre-wired and sortrd by Voltage. Their processing and shipping are very fast, often same day.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:29:53 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #373 on: September 25, 2016, 04:33:26 PM »
http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/ledlights1.html

Update shared!
   Thanks Tamer! Yeah i was going to put the strobe lights on the wings, but the two wings weren't hollow, so running wires would have been prohibitive. Keep it simple.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Command station this is ST-321 code clearance blue.
« Reply #374 on: September 25, 2016, 04:37:20 PM »
  I buttoned everything up. I started adding some washes, Vader's Shuttle isnt as pristine as the Emperor's. I put the switch inside the cockpit, so I just flip it open to hit the switch. This is a mockup of the layout, I just need to figure out how big i want the base.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 04:46:31 PM by JDeck »