Author Topic: JDeck's machines, models, monsters and miscellaneous.  (Read 95456 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: JDeck's machines, models, monsters and miscellaneous.
« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2016, 03:36:34 AM »
I am close to my first bandai order. I want the AT-ST and Snowspeeder.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
"We're having some trouble adapting them to the cold."
« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2016, 11:48:34 AM »
    I started on this Echo Base Snowspeeder maintenance diorama. I've been wanting to build this for quite some time. In light of all the snow we've been getting, now's a great time.  This is actually the first time I've built the Bandai Snowspeeder. Its a great kit like all the others. Easy to assemble. I might not paint it, I may just clear coat it after setting decals, then weather it. Instead of masking all that detail.

I made the walls with bluefoam, then I used a craft grade foam cutter to make the scars. I started wiring some LEDs I'll be using. I ordered some Star Wars minifigures that I'll kitbash with Hasagawa's 1/48 modern US ground crew set A. I still need to do a bunch of stuff, but this is the basic look.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 02:25:08 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2016, 04:02:01 PM »
   I got a lot of the groundwork done. First I painted it this sort of metallic blue el cheepo craft paint. Then I painted it white before the blue completely dried, so it mixes a little. Then I added silicon gel to make the ice formations.  Then I covered the ground with a mixture of glue/water. After that I sprinkled baking soda over the glue mixture. Real simple stuff.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 05:13:15 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: JDeck's machines. "We're having some trouble adapting them to the cold." p.15
« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2016, 11:42:43 PM »
This is looking brillant already mate and love the look of the ice wall.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: JDeck's machines. "We're having some trouble adapting them to the cold." p.15
« Reply #214 on: February 04, 2016, 03:58:04 AM »
I agree, it is looking fantastic already. Off to share on the pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #215 on: February 04, 2016, 07:11:34 AM »
This is looking brillant already mate and love the look of the ice wall.

Ron
  Thanks Ron. Yeah snowscapes are much easier than deserts, I could build them all day.

I agree, it is looking fantastic already. Off to share on the pages.
  Thanks Tamer. I ordered a bunch of Star wars hoth miniatures, so what I don't use I may build another small Echo base dio. Definitely get a bandai Snowspeeder, I took me only a half hour to build it. They don't cost much, you can get them on Amazon prime, for around 25 bucks, or so. That's still under the original price of $35.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:53:34 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #216 on: February 07, 2016, 12:19:19 PM »
   I've been working on my Echo Base dio. I decaled the Snowspeeder a little and weathered it. I took off some panels and the heat diffuser or whatever you call it. That way it appears to be under extensive modifications, due to the extreme cold. I added a few mechanical greebles to the repulsor lift engines and under one of the air brakes. I received a few of my SW Miniatures in the mail, I'm still waiting for a few more. I still need to paint some props, and permanently hook up some LEDs. I should be finished soon.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 06:11:53 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #217 on: February 08, 2016, 03:50:21 AM »
It sure looks good on the front page. So gonna get me a Bandai Snowspeeder.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #218 on: February 08, 2016, 08:35:58 PM »
Looking awesome mate.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #219 on: February 08, 2016, 08:46:28 PM »
Thank you Tamer and Ron, appreciate it.

I got a lot of the final steps done today. I'm calling it about done. But is anything ever really done? I spliced together some SW Miniatures to make the welder, and adjusted the arms on the others. They're about 1/50, so I couldn't mash them, or mix them with 1/48 military figures, like I wanted.  The speeder is a little dark, I made the same mistake I made with the x-wing I did a while back, but ehh screw it. I can build an even better one whenever I want. I have some more Hoth officers coming in, so I may replace the pilot with them. Other than that I really like it. Cool thing is, It looks different on three sides. I'll make some adjustments so it has 3 different little mini scenes going on. Its done but not done.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 10:23:35 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #220 on: February 09, 2016, 03:47:38 AM »
On the front page. I put in my order for a snowspeeder and an at-st yesterday.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #221 on: February 09, 2016, 04:06:30 AM »
One word mate - BRILLANT.

Ron

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #222 on: February 09, 2016, 10:08:24 AM »
I love this!
What are the dimensions of this dio?
Great detail work. My eyes are aching just thinking about it.
I have so gotta start trying to play with LEDs.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #223 on: February 09, 2016, 04:20:26 PM »
On the front page. I put in my order for a snowspeeder and an at-st yesterday.
Thanks again!!!  You've taken your first step into a larger world. Lol. Nothing compares to the Bandai vehicles. Plain and simple. You won't be disappointed.

One word mate - BRILLANT.

Ron

Thanks Ron!! I really like this one, I may change some things around over time.
I love this!
What are the dimensions of this dio?
Great detail work. My eyes are aching just thinking about it.
I have so gotta start trying to play with LEDs.
   Thanks Sjefke!! The dio is less than a cubic foot, so not big at all. I try to stay under a cubic foot most of the time.
      I get my LED kits from www.modeltrainsoftware.com. they have really cool kits like welding lights, fire, strobe lights, even tiny Christmas lights. The kits come with everything you need. Switches, wires, battery holder, and shrink tube. The company is based in Colorado. I live in VA, it arrives at my door in 2 days. The only hard part is finding a good location to place the battery, but you can also get the AC/DC adapter kit.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:50:03 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Rebel Alliance LAAT.
« Reply #224 on: February 18, 2016, 06:11:13 PM »
     As most of you know, I'm an OT guy, so for the longest time I've been trying to figure out what to do with the Revell Prequel kits. I decided to make them early rebel Alliance vehicles. I built this kit yesterday and of course I had to JDeck it out. I added a ton of greebles to the engines. With this project I'm going for a combination X-wing/Y-wing/T-47 inspiration, to give it an OT Alliance look. I always thought of the rebels as being a galactic Dukes of Hazard, they take a stock vehicle make it faster more powerful, and put a rebel flag on it. Yeehaw!  I just put on the pre shadow coat, soon I'll paint and decal.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 06:52:15 PM by JDeck »