Author Topic: JDeck's machines, models, monsters and miscellaneous.  (Read 95520 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck's scratch built machines and monsters.
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 04:32:20 PM »
I got somebody wanting me to make a 6" salacious crumb. So I guess that's my next project. It ought to be fun he's an interesting character. The worrt toad only took me three nights but a 6" scale crumb a little longer.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 10:34:57 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 06:14:25 PM »
"Let sleeping toads lie." This little guy was a fun sculpt initially he was made as a background character for my sandtrooper diorama. Not bad for my first sculpt as an adult. I had to use my booger pickers since my tools still aren't here. I think its the beginning of a long list of custom creatures.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:34:04 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 06:47:34 PM »
Great work on the worrt toad and the paint apps look great also. Thanks for letting me know about the parts you used for the moisture evaporator it's given me a few idea's for mine when I do a sandtrooper dio in the next few weeks.

Ron
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 03:36:54 PM by hemble »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2014, 07:32:52 PM »
Great work on the worrt toad and the paint apps look greta also. Thanks for letting me know about the parts you used for the moisture evaporator it's given me a few idea's for mine when I do a snadtrooper dio in the next few weeks.

Ron
  Thanks for the complements. With the vaporator sorry I can't remember all the parts I used but glad to be any kind of help. To me that's what this forum is about, sharing ideas and techniques, so others can learn from my successes and failures. Hopefully I can pick up a few ideas too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 06:08:53 AM »
I like the toad. Time for the front page.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 06:54:29 PM »
If anyone knows the dimensions of the black series salacious crumb let me know. I'll try to sculpt him sitting on his pillow. I just need to know the height of his torso the rest I can figure out. If not I can do research on the original puppet and convert it to 1:10 scale.
      So his overall height is 0.7m so in 1:10 comes out to 2.7". Minus his legs, probably 1.5"-1.7"
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:20:20 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 06:22:25 AM »
This is a scratch built 1:35 scale 720ci. horizontally opposed junkyard aircraft engine I was going to put in a Mad Max style dune buggy. Its pretty detailed I use probably 75 parts all together. The main block was made from two 4 cylinder blocks the rest is just various greebles. Its got push rods, spark plugs, spark plug wires just a ton of details.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 08:46:45 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2014, 06:19:15 PM »
I figured I'd start on my crumb today. Iknow his pillow looks like a cheez-it lol. but I had to do something with the extra clay I prepared.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 08:45:18 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 02:23:31 PM »
Great work yet again mate and love the sculpting on the torso and pillow.

Ron
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 08:32:51 PM by hemble »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 04:51:46 PM »
My next step is to make wire armatures for his limbs I'll build his head last I already know it'll be a pain in the arse.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2014, 03:23:46 AM »
My next step is to make wire armatures for his limbs I'll build his head last I already know it'll be a pain in the arse.

Well I'll be looking forward to seing how it turns out.

Ron

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 02:46:02 PM »
Love that moisture vaporator! Great job on Wort! He looks spot on.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2014, 12:06:58 PM »
In the spirit of the holidays I would like to do my take of the Star Wars Holiday Special. I would like to build Boba Fett's Panna moon beast. I was doing some research on the old stop motion puppets and figured I could use that technique to build the beast. Basicly a wire frame and some bluefoam for the skeleton. Foam rubber for the muscular frame and liquid latex for the skin. So Tuesday I'll go to the craft store to find some materials and give it a try. Its gunna be freggin huge but I'm only building the top half above the surface of the mud.

Perhaps do a small vignette diorama of the beast with Boba on the mud moon.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 01:39:42 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 03:14:34 AM »
Sounds like fun to me.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck's scratch built machines and monsters. panna monster
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 06:42:50 PM »
       Started on the head sculpt I figured I'd get that out the way first build the body around it I know it sounds bass-akwards. I started with the cranium and the eyes. The yes are 6mm crackled glass beads. I want to let it cure before moving on to the mouth and small details its just easier for me to sculpt details when I have a hard surface to build on.

Finished with the head sculpt. I wanted his head to be a cross between admiral Akbar and jar jar binks. The pics don't do much justice. I like it! I'll start the body later it will be really simple since there's no limbs just the neck. I'm making that from heavy gauge aluminum armature wire. Meybe a wire frame not sure yet. But I'll make the skin with liquid latex and tissue paper.
      I drew the "skin lines" on the sculpt. The lines I'll use to apply the skin using tissue and latex. I'll apply the skin in slightly overlapping layers. I'll apply the skin closest to the bone first and the more loosely fitting skin last like the eyelids and lips.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:11:01 PM by JDeck »