Author Topic: JDeck's machines, models, monsters and miscellaneous.  (Read 95297 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck's scratch built machines and monsters.
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »
I had to build a custom Boba Fett in order for him to fit on my Panna moon beast also so I know how wide to make its body and to build a custom saddle. Mainly he needed ball pivot  hips in order to mount the beast. So I used dagobah training Luke's hips/thighs. I used ESB gauntlets and shins. ROTJ boots all on the animated fett body. I still need to paint it I might make his pants pockets bigger maybe add some small bags or hulstors. I'll update the color scheme of the animated Fett to make it more modern and more realistic.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:53:11 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 03:33:16 AM »
Looks good on the front page. We need more figures that can actually ride the vehicles and beasties they are supposed too. I am worried that the new six inch Hoth Luke and Hoth Han won't be able to fit on the Taun Taun.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2014, 05:48:12 AM »
Looks good on the front page. We need more figures that can actually ride the vehicles and beasties they are supposed too. I am worried that the new six inch Hoth Luke and Hoth Han won't be able to fit on the Taun Taun.

Thanks Tamer. Its hard to say whether Hoth Han and Luke will fit the Taun Taun Luke is much shorter than Han and the saddle should fit Han but would his coat impead his ability to sit, I never thought about it I assumed he would. We'll see.
   But yeah I can now build the beast with confidence knowing the exact size of the fett I'll use and that he will be mounted correctly. Otherwise I'd have to put him on side saddle like he's wearing a skirt, very un-boba fett like.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 12:56:07 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2014, 08:59:32 PM »
Started on my Panna moon beast's body. I was playing around with the liquid latex and made some pretty cool looking skin. It might not look like much now but I'll work on it tomorrow my day off who knows I might finish then.
Honestly I'm doing this project as practice since I've never done anything like this. I'd really like to build a 6" dewback but that would be way more complex with the legs and the skin would have to be made separately. I'll just see how this turns out first.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:19:09 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2014, 03:27:33 AM »
Good Luck!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2014, 10:49:10 AM »
I'm mostly done with the construction and in midlayers of the skin I'm leaving it out in the sun to dry before adding more layers.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2014, 11:52:51 AM »
Another pic with boba. One more coat ought to do it
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:36:57 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2014, 03:55:45 PM »
   I decided to paint Boba Fett's Holiday special Panna moon beast brown instead of tan. I'll probably paint some more coats and washes. I like to use oil paint on my creatures gives the skin depth and more subtle color transitions. I still need to wait until my milliput comes in to build the saddle. Same with my boba fett paint.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 06:35:59 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 03:57:31 AM »
Nice beasty. Off to share.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 10:01:58 AM »
Hey Bro, Nice Panna! This is one I've been itching to do. I really like the way the skin came out. I especially like the way the skin on the neck looks. It is wrinkly and baggy and reminds my of elephant skin. Nice job!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 10:20:45 AM »
Hey Bro, Nice Panna! This is one I've been itching to do. I really like the way the skin came out. I especially like the way the skin on the neck looks. It is wrinkly and baggy and reminds my of elephant skin. Nice job!
       Thanks Darth glad you like it. The skin was made with latex and toilet paper. This is my first creature of this magnitude it was pretty simple I used upholstery foam instead of foam rubber so it took a lot of latex coats but all in all it looks pretty good to me I still have some work to do on him. My inspiration for the muscles and skin were elephants, camels and giraffes.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:27:19 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2014, 09:01:13 PM »
Started painting my fett like I said I'm not much of a figure guy but I'll get better in time. I put some larger pants pockets on him I might make them smaller but this will work for now. Sort of wanted his suit to be a little dirty in the "used universe" its hard to keep white pants clean. Lol. Still have to touch him up a lot.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2014, 11:59:26 PM »
Great work capturing the feel of the Panna. Some great techniques in trying to give it character as a creature. I'd say the practice is paying off! Fett looks great too.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2014, 06:13:51 AM »
Top notch work on the hoilday Fett and the Panna.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2015, 11:03:57 AM »
I  built this holographic transceiver for an Imperial Modular Command-post. I built it using a cheap broken watch I had sitting around. I gutted it and added a mega chip LED I also added some greebles to the outside to make it look less like a watch. Towards the end I was going for an Imperial Probot look. Eventually I'll put the SW Miniatures General Veers hologram on it but I'll use this saga series holo figure for now.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:47:15 PM by JDeck »