Author Topic: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021  (Read 97914 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of Toy Fair 2020
« Reply #345 on: May 02, 2020, 05:54:37 AM »
Well yeah repack, but hopefully a better sculpted face and what not. One would hope. I just thought it was interesting to see all the 3.75" comments yesterday while that was happening.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #346 on: May 02, 2020, 08:53:27 AM »
I mean yeah Archive line is great for the early waves that people missed out on, and that are in need of upgrading. Some of them more so than just a pretty face. Like Slave Leia needs to be done altogether with new joints like Dagobah Luke has. R2 needs to be a bit bigger. I'd be interested to see what people come up with, I have no idea. Of course I'm not interested in 6", and I don't have Facebook. I heard the comments section was really funny, but again I couldn't see them because I don't have an account. I had to stop mid way anyway because I had an irate customer emailing everyone on Earth, so I had to stop and deal with that.

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #347 on: May 03, 2020, 03:54:04 AM »
Didn't take too many screenshots, but this is what I got:

The comment section was the best part about this event! But it seems Hasbro just wouldn't listen to their fans. They rather make a scripted live show for a 5-year-old audience.

That time-line project is very cool! I just didn't get where you can access it - maybe on Pulse I guess?
Reminds me of a book that always expands. I so hope they will repack that TRU exclusive Z-95 Speeder Bike from 2012. That sculpt is just brillliant. I made a review here:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10614.msg212384#msg212384

…and more Black Series? Anything else?

Vote for the next Archive Line figure with photo-real update here & now:

https://www.facebook.com/login/?next=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroups%2F260842418193665%2F

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 04:52:52 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #348 on: May 03, 2020, 06:14:22 AM »
I just remember reading a lot of 3.75" comments and they ignored every single one of em.

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #349 on: May 06, 2020, 05:23:34 AM »
Tamer: Could you ask Hasbro our questions though?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #350 on: May 06, 2020, 05:24:52 AM »
Tamer: Could you ask Hasbro our questions though?

I plan on it here in about 20 minutes. Have patience folks.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #351 on: May 06, 2020, 07:22:09 AM »
Ok, just got done with the Team (same folks from the Pusle Livestream on Friday).

I warned them I was going to sound like a broken record, but what about the 3.75" line and lack of new decently articulated products? All the attendees were shaking their heads yes when I said that. It was nice for the team to see it was a major concern for all the fan sites.

I left the question feeling a lot better than I did on Friday. One, they stressed this line is not going away nor is the vintage line going away period. They do have new products planned for this. They didn't argue that the 6" line was their primary focus as that is where their business model says they should focus but they are aware of this line and are going to try and do a better job to prove it to us that is going to stay around for a long time. I really liked the guy and didn't feel like he was feeding me a line of bull.

Then came the what about the Clone Wars Line in 3.75"?

Have patience. They do know about the new season of The Clone Wars and how cool it is. He didn't come right out and say it, but I definitely left that question knowing there are at least things coming if not a dedicated line to it. We will be getting some The Clone Wars stuff!

Us 3.75" fans are starving for new product. Since new figures in 3.75" scale have become a rarity, how about some more multipack sets? Each set could come with 2 new figures and 1 repack army builder. Example - Moff Gideon (new), The Client (new), Death Trooper (repack with slight weathering).

They like this idea. There is a tooling constraint. They are also aware fans want this. Congnizant of some fans only wanting one figure out of the three, but they are thinking of releasing packs like this on indvidual vintage cards still in a three pack format. They kept saying they do like this format to get more figures of this scale out to fans.

I person from a European Collecting Site asked about the SDCC Exclusives and the announced Amazon exclusives.

They are definitely still gonna make those available (the SDCC Exclusives) even though there isn't going to be one this year. They are quite sure about when or the format (I think we all just assumed pulse here).

I then had a perfect chance to throw in the question about how can you ensure those great vintage carded figures show up decently shipped from amazon (everyone was shaking their head also at that one)?

They are going to share those concerns we have with Amazon to ensure we get good shipped products. They do not want those products to show up damaged. I felt good at least knowing they were going to make the attempt to improve the shipping.

Some other odds and ends from the other questions.

There were a lot of comments from non US Sites about getting product and continuing to get product. It sounded like they were definitely amenable to hearing their solutions and making sure they got the same access to these products like folks in the US. The barge came up quite a bit and how it really wasn't widely available to non US and Canada folks.

Somoene brought up a 12" line possibility. That seemed to get shot down pretty quickly about not having too many scales out there at one time.

Someone else brought up the need for more Clones in the Black Series Archive Line, that definitely sounded like something they were going to entertain. We all agreed folks would love to see clones, especially clone commanders show up there.

Someone else asked about getting certain figures on certain cards and while I got a bit confused about what they were talking about what I did get out of the team was that they were definitely willing to bring past iterations of legacy or saga figures out again in the current line.

Another person had a question about a lot of characters that have not seen life in the Black Series (TFA, TLJ, TROS) in basically the postquels. They said bascially that they try to spread that around to all the movies.

I also forgot yesterday someone asked if the amazon exclusive Han in Carbonite Slab is the same as the SDD Exclusive back in 2013. It is. This new Han in Carbonite will be the same offering from SDCC.

There was also a question about the new Prototype Fett helmet and if it will have any of the scarring on it that was seen back in the day and they said what we saw is what we are getting.

All in all I felt the team was very amenable and really did want to hear from us even if the questions were a bit tough. I just jumped right in, probably I was in a what the hell moment as I am sicker than a dog right now, and I figured I might get the ole stink eye or a what do you mean type answer, but it was nice to see the brand manager shake his head and acknowledge that he wished he had done a better job last Friday talking about that and putting our fears to rest. It was my first foray with him and I feel he really likes Star Wars and wants to get us the figures we want from this "historic" line. So, I wish I had a bunch of new figures I could say we were getting right now, but I do feel new figures will be coming and then we better buy the heck out of em (he did say let your wallets do the talking).

I am sick right now so I will try to do a better job of rehashing this later, but that was the gist of the talk. They were very nice. Hey I just found out I don't have Covid! Whew!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:49:44 AM by Tamer »

Offline Michiico

• Cadet
  • Why did the clone wars had to come to an end?
« Reply #352 on: May 06, 2020, 02:42:01 PM »
Thanks for posting these! I'd be so down for new products from the last The Clone Wars season.
Get well soon Tamer

Offline bossksbounty

• Bossk's Bounty
  • Cadet
  • Like a Bossk!
    • Bossk's Bounty
« Reply #353 on: May 06, 2020, 03:09:59 PM »
Nice one for asking about 3.75!! We need more!
Hit me up on Twitter @bosskbounty - you can also find me on Facebook, Instagram and of course Youtube and the Bossk's Bounty website.

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #354 on: May 07, 2020, 12:22:33 AM »
Thank you for covering this, Tamer & get well, soon! Sorry for my impatience - I had assumed that Hasbro did that Q&A right after their Fans first event on Friday. I'm glad they didn't so that Folks could make up their minds…

Gute Besserung!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #355 on: May 07, 2020, 05:53:20 AM »
I think I did pretty good for having almost an 103 degree temp at the time. I am definitely feeling better this morning. Going to take me a few days to get back up to speed, but I knew folks wanted these questions asked so I did. I also added a few more questions I remember them asking.

There were quite a few European Sites and their main questions were just about getting product to buy and I was hopeful that Hasbro and the team was really listening to that.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #356 on: May 07, 2020, 08:35:20 AM »
Thats so cool Tamer, thanks for sharing!

Hope you are getting better! Gave me a scare there when i read u were ill!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #357 on: May 07, 2020, 04:49:00 PM »
Thank you Tamer, I think you did a great job even for someone not sick. I'm as glad as you are you don't have the Corona, I hope you're better soon.
I'm glad you keep asking about 3.75. sometimes you have to put fire under their butts to get anything done. I'm in sales, and sometimes I get complacent and under sell. I think that's what is happening with TVC. They starve the market then complain sales are low. I would think the barge being a success, would send a message that TVC is sellable if they make cool stuff. Wave one was a disaster, mainly because it was 5/6 repacks, and a figure with no accessories. Repacks are killing the line. Repacks should be few and far between, not several waves of repacks.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:32:54 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #358 on: May 08, 2020, 05:58:43 AM »
Yeah its hard to let your wallets do the talking when there isn't product to buy too. I did bring up that about the only new things we know we are getting is the new Wolffe and Gonk and that has been since Toy Fair. Once again, they acknowledged that they need to do a better job showcasing the line so hopefully I got them thinking a bit more about it. It was pretty cool to see the other interviewees shake their heads vigorously when I brought it up. I tried not to be a jerk, but just put it out there. I just didn't want them to not answer.

Feeling even a little better today. Still feel like I have a ways to go before I am back full time though. Whew!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #359 on: June 22, 2020, 07:56:59 AM »
Don't forget today at 3PM EST Hasbro is going to be livestreaming and supposedly sharing some great information about TVC!

https://www.facebook.com/events/259927915290853/