Author Topic: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021  (Read 96476 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of Toy Fair 2018
« Reply #285 on: February 02, 2018, 11:20:12 AM »
@talonreap: I agree! The TIE Defender is an awesome design! But I wouldn't put my hopes too high on Hasbro making it...and even if so they would probably make it horribly underscaled (not 1/18)...but hey: Never say never! Down the road they need something new & fresh...they just cannot use the same mold over and over again to keep the line alive...

And I think your chances to see more Clone Wars figures in realistic style are good! Hasbro gave us some CW figures in the first TVC and I am confident they'll give us a few more.

And I generally don't expect much from NY Toy Fair. Hasbro didn't really announce anything special or much of product on Toy Fair(s) over the last years. The German Toy Fair in Nuremberg is this weekend.We might see a few items we already know. Hasbro will probably push their "major announcements" to SDCC and HasCon in summer.
Most of the stuff will probably be leaked before. Disney's policy of secrecy for all licensees is just...not reasonable. But that's just my subjective point of view.
It would be nice to see some stuff of SOLO on NYTF though. Let's see if Hasbro is allowed to display anything of the new movie.

Have a good weekend everyone!

- Philipp

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #286 on: February 13, 2018, 08:41:07 PM »
Here's a few questions... I could go on and on.......  :-*

1 - Do you have folks on the ground checking what the situation is at retail?  And if so, wouldn't they have told you that carrying the Rathtar forward in 2018 is not a good idea?  Or by the time this was known, was it too late to prevent them from being carried forward in the Solo line?  Bringing this thing back again only hurts retailers... and as fans, we're afraid we won't even SEE the new Wampa at retail because not only are stores drowning in Rathtars, it's being carried forward!  Why did you produce SO MANY Rathtars and WHY is it being carried forward again? 

2 - In the spirit of a more well-rounded "basic line" why don't you put better figures into the launch waves of your movie lines?  For example, Poe is just a weak figure.  But C'ai Threnalli, who is ALSO an X-Wing pilot, has much more attention and care put into this figure from TLJ.  So why didn't Poe get the "articulated wrists and boots" treatment, with the flight straps separate from his legs like C'ai Threnall?  A little more investment in launch wave quality will only help retailers sell figures, which in the end helps Hasbro too, so the retailers aren't clearancing waves and later waves have a hard time making it to retail.  For reference on the best way to launch a movie line, PLEASE look back to ROTS in 2005.  THAT was Hasbro's best movie line launch - BY FAR.  Great variety with well made figures, cool accessories, stellar army builders, droids, aliens, etc. instead of so much focus on just a handful of characters like we're seeing now.   Fans and retailers will love you for it.

3 - Were any lessons learned in working with Walmart as the sole provider of TBS 3.75" scale figures? 

4 - Army builders.  When you make generic human troops, why not pack 2-3 per case and give each a unique head?  This will help more units sell.

5 - The Rogue One Stormtroopers seen in the Juggernaut at Wobani Labor Camp were awesome looking.  Could you release the TVC Sandtrooper again but give it a black wash rather than brown wash to replicate this dirty / battle hardened look?

Thanks!

0/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:23:54 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #287 on: February 14, 2018, 03:46:03 AM »
Folks I am just about ready to get these to our Mad Jawa. Post em by noon or they may not make the cut.

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #288 on: February 14, 2018, 04:35:15 PM »
If there's time to still add something, would be curious to try and understand their logic on the new Falcon from Solo:  A Star Wars Story.

After how poorly the TFA Falcon performed at retail, this version seems extremely risky.  Wouldn't it be a better approach to make some sort of $100 playset that is more in line with what collectors have been pushing for instead?

0/

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #289 on: February 15, 2018, 12:26:01 AM »
Ask Hasbro what would  it take for them to let go of the license. An yes that's a serious question.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #290 on: February 15, 2018, 03:06:21 AM »
Questions are in. And Chewie back with a playset question? ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #291 on: February 15, 2018, 08:22:55 PM »
Questions are in. And Chewie back with a playset question? ;D

The above pic not only represents how tired I am of Hasbro's lack of playsets, but also is representative of the kind of toy they'd rather invest in.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #292 on: February 15, 2018, 11:13:52 PM »
Insane.

I really don't know how anyone can keep a job at this place. Its one thing to make a cheap product and flip it... But to put SOOOOO MUCH TIME / DEVELOPMENT on things not only no ones wants... But MSRP soo high... Who is gunna buy it?

I could rant for hours about the mediocrity... But what's the point?  I willingly spend my time/evergy of making things much more desirable.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #293 on: February 16, 2018, 06:13:45 AM »
I feel your pain folks, all we can do is keep making them aware of what we would like to see.

And lets face it they are more worried about the kids than us, but I feel there is room for us all.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #294 on: February 17, 2018, 07:37:46 AM »
Don't forget to check out the front page and our facebook page today as we share coverage of the Hasbro Presentation and Toy Fair in general.

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #295 on: February 17, 2018, 05:55:09 PM »
Well - with all the new reveals, I am stunned.  Hasbro's getting their act back together.   ;D

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #296 on: February 18, 2018, 06:17:09 AM »
I don't think so.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #297 on: February 18, 2018, 08:33:57 AM »
Folks I am sorry to report that we were not able to attend any Q and A with Hasbro. Tony said they were getting video interviews from TV sources and wasn't even sure they were going to have any personnel to do a q and a. He only had an hour left to cover the rest of the show so I told him to go after some other things.

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #298 on: February 19, 2018, 07:46:39 PM »
No worries, thanks for the update Tamer, and also the great coverage your crew provided.   :)

0/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of SDCC 2018
« Reply #299 on: July 17, 2018, 10:20:22 AM »
Well nothing like the last minute to get some things worked out, but we were just now able to get some time from the Q and A Team at SDCC. So what questions do you have?

Post em here quick!

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:21:54 AM by Tamer »