Author Topic: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021  (Read 97809 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of Oct. 1st, 2015
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2016, 09:31:54 PM »
Why is Hasbro approaching the 3.75" line with such extreme ends of the spectrum?  5POA vs. Over-articulation... yes, the Walmart TBS figures have too much articulation and the assembly of these figures is overly complicated... ball jointed hips, wrists and waists are not needed and in some cases take away from the aesthetics of the figure. 

Instead, why not get back to the quality the market loved back from 2005-2012 by dropping some of this enhanced articulation?  Would that not help get MSRP closer to $10-$11 range? 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 09:42:16 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2016, 09:35:26 PM »
Would it be fair now to say that the TBS Black Series 6" scale TIE Fighter didn't go over so well for the retailers? 

Instead, why didn't we see an investment into better quality vehicles in the 3.75" line?  Such as a higher quality X-Wing and a few other all NEW vehicles or beasts from the film, or even a cool playset like the Starkiller base or Maz's castle?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 09:42:35 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2016, 09:37:11 PM »
The new Battlefront game rocks. 

Are you releasing some figures from it in the 3.75" line?  Seems like all you need to do is kit bash existing parts from your library of figures to put out some awesome army builder packs... we'd love to see a Shock Trooper in 3.75" scale... and we're not talking 5POA here.

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2016, 09:41:40 PM »
We get it that a perceived drop in demand makes a company look for ways to make the product cheaper.  Hence, 5POA.

BUT, with increased demand for Star Wars again, we should be well past the 5POA days moving forward.  So are we going to see you go back to a mainline product in the 3.75" scale that's more comparable with what you used to produce from 2005-2012? 

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2016, 10:29:15 PM »
What Chewie said.  :P

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2016, 03:32:22 AM »
For those wanting to know about Rogue One we sort of received a communication about it yesterday,

"Hope this note finds you well! You are all set on our RSVP list for Hasbro's annual Entertainment Brand Preview event at Toy Fair on Saturday, 2/13. We are looking forward to seeing you next weekend, and wanted to reach out and clarify what Hasbro's Star Wars presence will be at this year's show.

We wanted to let you know that there will be no toys based on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story shown at Toy Fair this year. While there will be a small selection of new Star Wars toys revealed at Toy Fair and in the days leading up to it, none of them will be directly based on the new characters from the upcoming film.
"

So, I wouldn't expect much on that front.

Offline Jake James

• Cadet
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2016, 05:19:20 AM »
What is the status of the TBS figures from Jabba's Palace that were due to be released prior to TFA event (i.e. Shasa Tiel, Barada, and Vedain)? Will we see these on shelves anytime soon? Thanks.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2016, 06:18:17 AM »
Jake, great to see you here.

Jake is my closest Star Wars Bud. He only lives about an hour away from me.

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2016, 05:01:34 PM »
Awesome! Welcome to the yards, Jake!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2016, 08:53:43 AM »
All of the questions posted here were submitted. I can't promise they will get answered, but it won't be because we didn't pose them. Fingers crossed we get some good answers this time.

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2016, 11:05:45 PM »
You guys rock.  thanks for doing this.   :)

0/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 12, 2016
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2016, 08:33:06 AM »
Folks we were able to get a Question and Answer Session set up with Hasbro for SDCC once again!

So get your burning questions in here and I will get em loaded and ready for our site reporter Todd at SDCC who has graciously given us some of his busy time during the con. Thanks Todd!

Remember, the better worded and well thought out questions, will have a greater chance of making the question list. Please also remember that Hasbro has also graciously given us some of their time and while even I will admit to not being happy with all of their creations we need to respectful, responsible, and professional when we write our questions. I am not saying you cannot point out issues with their action figures, but any blatant flaming questions that are just bash Hasbro will be deleted.

I am also not sure how many questions they would be willing to answer about Rogue One so be aware that if we submit them we may just get the ole Lucasfilm won't let us talk about that yet.

Questions List so far (new ones will be added to this list):

1. Will there be other retailers besides Wal-Mart to receive your super articulated 3.75" line?

2. How successful would you say the 6" The Force Awakens TIE Fighter was? Is there another possibility that we will see a full size 6" vehicle offering again going forward? Perhaps in the Original Trilogy Line Up?

3. Will there be 1:18 scale reissues of older Star Wars vehicles or even new ones that will not include the Nerf play features but focus a tad (just a tad) more of the collectors market? How well did that Nerf shooting Falcon work out for you anyway?

4. Any chance once again for a 6" black series scaled Dewback?

5.Will we see a 3.75 equivalent of recently released 6 inch figures, R5-K6 for example is going for silly money on ebay so the demand is there, particularly with Rogue One on the horizon.

6. How is distribution of 3.75" super-articulated figures in Europe going to be handled? At this point in time our only way to get these figures is find somebody in the US to buy them for us and ship them to Europe. Which is very complicated and expensive.

7. As a kid, I never used the firing missiles or electronics that the 3.75 vehicles included. Now, we've seen the TFA Falcon have a Nerf feature, and now there is also an A-Wing with a Nerf feature. Is there a large appeal for the nerf firing feature in your vehicles?

8. Have you evaluated more limited production or collectors club options for collectors who are interested in 3.75 SA? Boss fight studios and I think even go joe and he man used to have this.

9. Collectors are always interested in items that were close to being made but just never got done. Can you let us know some figures that were shelved in the past? Some rumors to get you started (noghri, anakin solo, new Yakface, pong Krell)

10. Any hope for future characters from the clone wars or the new comics for us Jedi lovers?

11. Any chance you would bring the fan poll to 3.75" to gauge interest in quantities?

12. What is the status of The Black Series figures that were due to be released prior to TFA event last year?  In particular: Tzizvvt, Shasa Tiel, Barada, and Vedain among others.  Are they still on schedule to be released at some point?

13. With Disney now owning the rights to Star Wars, and doing a great job with their own "in house brands" will you consider collaborating with them to make a 3.75" scale Death Star environment?  Their PVC figures are about that scale anyway.  Bottom line, we've been waiting most of our lives now for a Death Star playset and if one's not coming for Rogue One, we would be happy to see another company make this happen.

14. With the assembly style of the 5POA figures, customizers can't "boil and pop" these things, hence preventing us from making mass purchases of things other people don't want multiples of.  Example - Goss Toowers and General Hux.  If these figures could easily have their arms/legs removable (like most pre-2013 figures), we'd buy more and this would help prevent backup of pegwarmers at retail (the issue is the torso plastic is hard and does not soften when warmed up - this also leads to manufacturing paint coloring not matching up on torsos vs. legs/arms, but that's a different issue altogether).  That being said, look at the Quiggold figure - he's the ONE figure in the TFA line with a soft torso - love it!  Can Hasbro start making figures more in this style (with softer torsos) if we have to settle for minimal articulation?

15. The Revenge of the Sith Line had a better mix of figure articulation, creatures, vehicles and even playsets.  By comparison, that line was much better received by both children and adults.  Will Hasbro look to go back closer to that model?

16. How would you gauge the success of the Build-A-Weapons?  Has there been any thought of replacing these with some improved articulation to the figures, or alternate heads, stands, or even droid parts?

17. How would you describe your distribution of Star Wars Products at this point? Do you still feel there are any issues with poor distribution and are there any plans to correct it?

18. How satisfied do you feel the general consumer is with the 3.75" 5 points of articulation line? Are there any plans to add more articulation to this line at any point? Perhaps not full arty, but more movement? Its awful hard to pose one of those 5 poa figures!

19. I was playing Battlefront a bit last night with my son - and it brought back great memories of the Battlefront sets that Hasbro used to release back with the older games.

So, on that note - will we be seeing some new Battlefront multi-packs in the 3.75" scale again?  It would be a great opportunity to get some SA army builders back in the mix, including a repainted Sandtrooper mold using the Imperial Shocktrooper paint scheme.  Retail would have a hard time keeping these in stock due to a starving demand for 3.75" SA army builders.

20. Your build a figure pieces for your Marvel Brand are extremely popular. Have you ever thought about doing build a figure pieces in the 6" Line Up? What are your thoughts for doing this for the Star Wars Brand? It would be awesome!

21. Has Hasbro been looking at Amazon and what they are charging for most figures and ships? What is Hasbro planning to do with the  crazy pricing that Amazon and other second hand market sellers are charging for figures and vehicles?

22. What kind of a compromise would Hasbro be willing to do for collectors that want The Vintage Collection 3.75 fully articulated figures  to come back  without just making an exclusive line that is limited to one retailer?

Separate Question for PR Group (I can send this one separately):

Do they see the over overwhelmingly negative sentiment collectors view the 5 POA figures with?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 06:16:06 AM by Tamer »

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 8, 2016
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2016, 09:10:46 AM »
I have some questions.....(I promise to be nice)...

1. Will there be 1:18 scale reissues of older Star Wars vehicles or even new ones that will not include the Nerf play features but focus a tad (just a tad) more of the collectors market? How well did that Nerf shooting Falcon work out for you anyway?

2. Any chance once again for a 6" black series scaled Dewback.

That's all I have......I've become so cynical over Hasbro's decisions the past few years I've pretty much given up on them. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take questions at SDCC. They bring back the vintage line again and I'll warm to them...right now I have no faith in Hasbro doing any justice to merchandise relating to the the remaining films. 

Offline KIM

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2016, 01:49:57 PM »
Will we see a 3.75 equivalent of recently released 6 inch figures, R5-K6 for example is going for silly money on ebay so the demand is there, particularly with Rogue One on the horizon.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
  • Happy 40th Anniversary, TESB!
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2016, 02:31:09 PM »
2015/16 should, for me at least, have been the most exciting year for buying Star Wars toys since Hasbro brought back the 3.75" line in 1995. Yet, I have bought hardly any figures. The regular figures are now so expensive and poorly made that I have given up.

The decision to have The Black Series 3.75" figures as Walmart exclusives was such a bad move. I live in the UK, and Asda are supposed to have these figures, we have had the first 3 and that is it.

I would like to ask Hasbro:
Why are you STILL neglecting the [collectors of] 3.75" super articulated (or even semi super articulated) figures?
Why have you created a lucrative secondhand market for dealers, due to poor distribution and lack of availability?

I apologise for not having anything positive to ask, but that is how I feel about the current state of the Hasbro line.