Author Topic: General Questions for Hasbro as of July 10th, 2021  (Read 97923 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of SDCC 2018
« Reply #315 on: July 08, 2019, 05:56:33 AM »
Does the team ever get ideas or inspiration from customizers, on sites like ours?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 06:00:49 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of SDCC 2019
« Reply #316 on: July 13, 2019, 07:23:50 AM »
It has been a busy week, but I am happy to report that we did confirm out time slot for a question and answer session with Hasbro. Now, these are only ten minute time slots so we can't expect miracles here, but Todd will ask as many as he can. I know they sometimes have let him go a little longer.

Please get your questions posted so I can get them in order and send em to Todd.

Offline Stan

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #317 on: July 13, 2019, 08:25:33 AM »
2 years there still no sight of any New Aliens to populate our scum and villainy of the cantina.  Will these fun characters be overlook yet another year?  Ariel Schous , Tzzivit, and Ranat just name a few wonderful choices.

The new Imperial Gunner although there minor differences between rouge one and original trilogy. This
Figure  has a lot going for it until  reach the head. The size of the head is sculpt as if it is human head instead of being a helmet like it was in the movie. Can please share why it so small not accurate like the rest of the beautiful body sculpt?

Repacking figures are healthy for a line; last 2 years it’s been more repacks than new figures,  how about upgrading more pre existing  sculpt like you did with Lando skiff
guard ( with new legs)and Han Solo stormtrooper (
Modified new torso) , instead of straight repacks.  Example momaw nadon( Hammerhead)- new legs and arms that are articulated!

« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 03:11:38 PM by Stan »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #318 on: July 22, 2019, 08:10:06 AM »
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/isysdcchasbro2019.mp3

Here you go folks, Todd just sent me the audio.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #319 on: July 22, 2019, 08:43:33 AM »
Great job and Thank you! I'll cut the Hasbro team a little slack since Steve is gone, but they could only name one original 92 figure they haven't done? Just off the top of my head there's, lobot, bib Fortuna, bespin Lando, ANH Leia, ROTJ Emperor, Sim Aloo, Amanaman, pull apart C3PO, squidhead. The list goes on. So I'll take that as a big No.
    Thank you, though, you did a great job with our questions.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 04:40:29 PM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #320 on: July 22, 2019, 06:15:12 PM »
I can only repeat what Tamer and JDeck said. Thank you so much for taking our questions right to Hasbro! Right when I saw that Tamer posted your interview on the frontpage I plugged in my headphones and listened closely. Now, I'm listening to it for the fifth time on my cell phone while I'm writing this comment.

You started off perfectly by telling them about the great reception of the Jabba's Palace Adventure Set - starting with a compliment is just brilliant and definitely not something usual for Hasbo.

It's so good to know that there doesn't seem to be an end of The Vintage Collection any time soon - the pace of the relaunch is somewhat slower, but this makes the hobby more affordable. I hope Hasbro make good profit with TVC. A second Star Wars project for HasLab is most likely to happen, but I find it only fair for fans of other brands to get the chance, now too. Did Hasbro really give a hint at the 1/12 scale Rancor to become a possible HasLab project? That'd be cool.
It's also good to know that Hasbro have got some stuff in the pipeline for the 40th Annoversary of The Empire Strikes Back! Of course Disney wouldn't let them share anything about it even though it has fortunately nothing to do with The Rise of Skywalker! It's Disney.
But listening to you and hearing ask you these questions just made my day! I hadn't expected that you were actually asking ALL of my questions! I rather thought you were picking just a few! 
I tell you this made my day, Todd! I'm most happy and my sister came up to me and asked what had happened that I was so euphoric!  0/

Hearing the positive reaction of Hasbro regarding the AT-ST, Rebel Turrets and the Bespin Cloud Car is just plain awesome! I'm especially thankful to hear the answer to the Bespin Car! How awesome would it be to eventually see those in Vintage packaging?
Satele Shan of the Old Republic would be so excellent to see as super-articulated figure on Vintage card...and after this interview I'm even more optimistic that we're going to see more playsets!
There are just so many possibilities!
I'm a little shocked though that they did not have an image of the Jedi Temple Guard in mind...even though it's from 2015!
They just NEED to complete the original 92...Bib Fortuna, Lobot, the GONK droid are just three of them.
It's also most positive to hear that the echo even reached Hasbro about Darth Revan! It would be so great to see the 6" Revan scaled down...
An ALL NEW A-Wing would be equally excellent! Money on the table.
Maul is such a great character. With Hot Toys even releasing him based on his appearance in SOLO, I expect Hasbro to give us more versions of him in both scales, too.

Todd, thank you so much for your support for all of us!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:06:52 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #321 on: August 29, 2019, 03:47:58 AM »
This per some conversation with CL Yautja:

The Clone Wars is coming back. Please tell us you are gonna rerelease or give us a new LAAT! Republic Gunship!

Heaven forbid we get one that will carry our AT-TEs, and man wouldn't I love to see that vehicle come out of retirement too. Hasbro, can you do it?

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #322 on: August 29, 2019, 06:17:05 AM »
Yes, I followed his thread and this is a great request! The Republic Gunships from 2002-2010 go for 40-120€ loose here in Germany. I have never seen the TVC Gunship used online though. Maybe because it was a Toys "R" Us (USA only) exclusive...

The 2002 Gunship is still a great vehicle, but rather in 1/24 scale - not 1/18. So a new, bigger one would be very welcome after so many repaints - even in The Vintage Collection.
And you're right Tamer! I agree that we can be optimistic to see a Republic Gunship (LAAT/i) for the return of The Clone Wars. We saw two Gunships during the Clone Wars from 2008-2010 and the last release of The Vintage Collection is already 6 years ago.
But will it be an all-new one? I do hope so!

I know a to-scale release would be massive, but maybe the epic Republic Gunship will nominate as possible HasLab project. If it does I want it to be definitive.

Also a Republic Dropship (LAAT/c) would be great for a HasLab project...and we could go on with an AT-OT! LEGO have already given us those giant vehicles, so why can't Hasbro?
If people are already making suggestions for a G.I. Joe Gunship that would be huge, I definitely see a chance that Hasbro will do this kind of vehicles in the future. We just have to make noise - BIG TIME!

This image was leaked in the web back in 2008, but was never approved to be authentic. Some people claimed it shows the prototype of a Republic Dropship by Hasbro.
Or is it an Action Fleet version?
Do you remember this leak and know more about it? Please, let us know in the comments below!

I found this image on May 3, 2008:

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 06:39:41 AM by Darth More »

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #323 on: September 10, 2019, 08:00:11 PM »
Lordy.... U have to remind us of that gunship hauler!  ??? I'm still waiting for that toy!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #324 on: November 19, 2019, 04:50:51 AM »
(SID): Sorry, man. Who knows if this was actually made as prototype...let's keep fingers crossed that this Republic Dropship will see the light of day evetually!

Also rebelscum had the chance to speak to Hasbro after recent events!
Here's the link with a summary of their interview:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_Interview_with_Hasbro_Star_Wars_Team_185684.asp

Offline (SID)

• Commander
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #325 on: November 20, 2019, 02:33:31 AM »
I think that HAULER is dead. If I recall it was being packaged as a deluxe set (you can see the holes in the legs for "transport").... I just remembering see that picture when first leaked and was over the moon.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #326 on: November 20, 2019, 02:49:54 AM »
That's amazing to know! But were they for 3.75" figures? Since they look more like action fleet vehicles in the pic I was wondering if they were. It would've been too good to be true! I think back in the day the MRSP would've been about $180 since the AT-TE sold for $99.99 and the TCW Gunship for $59.99. The retooling might've added another 20 bucks.
Today this set would be about $400 I guess? lol
If this was meant to be a set, it reminds me of a dream I once had. Actually one of the very few dreams I had about Star Wars and Hasbro.
I was in a Toys "R" Us store in the U.S. (which is a childhood dream alone!). And on the shelves they had these super sets including 3 to 4 Class II/Medium sized vehicles.
One set featured the Battle over Coruscant and included both Jedi Starfighters, a Vulture and a Tri Droid. The Buzz Droids were hanging in a seperate blister within the box to recreate the movie scene. Imagine a box, 4 feet long!, with a plastic window, a nice background print and all these ships in different pisotions, chasing each other (the CIS chaasing Obi-Wan and Anakin). Oh, and both figures were included, too!
I even remember the price tag of $89.99! There was a similar set with a Republic Fighter Tank (actual 1/18 scale), an AAT and some troops for $79.99.
When I woke up I wanted to fall asleep immediately again! This was pure sugar!

Reminds me of these sets:

Those Battle Packs and Multipacks were awesome...good times.

Offline (SID)

• Commander
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #327 on: November 20, 2019, 03:38:38 AM »
Hahahah that dream is tooooo much! 😂 love it. I have dreams often of finding all kinds of SW toys... Just mountains of stuff at yard sales etc. And more and more keeps coming and I cannot grab it fast enough, hold it all or have enough money $$$$ (?)  BUT if you put it out to the universe it will come back to you... Always does... Strange but true.

Yeah that HAULER was 3 3/4 scale fans couldn't believe it. And this was years  before they even put the walker (think its still different mold too) so it was a double slap.

Love those big sets always wanted that Target one with the tank and walker.... Just looked soo great in the package. That TRU at-st pack was stacked at all locations I went. The price even on clearance was too much for people... Same with then JABBA one they did. But that was TRU fault they drove themselves into the ground with crazy pricing.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 03:42:19 AM by (SID) »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #328 on: November 20, 2019, 04:00:02 AM »
That Hoth Pack was great. Its still one of my favorite parts of my collection on display. I remember they did a great job that year with all the TESB stuff.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: General Questions for Hasbro as of Toy Fair 2020
« Reply #329 on: January 29, 2020, 04:15:17 AM »
Do you have any questions for the Mad Jawa to present when he goes to the Hasbro Presentation? They usually always give the floor up for a few minutes for questions.

I for one can't wait to hear about more vintage products for the Mandalorian, especially in the 3.75" line up?

With the success of the Sail Barge, are there any hints about the next Star Wars HasLab Project?

I hope the presentation will showcase a few of those, but if not I am gonna let the Mad Jawa loose on em!