Author Topic: Mr. Black's customs: K2SO repaint for charity  (Read 81928 times)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Mr. Black's customs: K2SO repaint for charity
« on: August 15, 2009, 03:13:10 PM »
Here's a slideshow of my older customs. I figured it'd be nice to see how my work has evolved over the years :)

http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/incomscustoms/Custom%20figures/Earlier%20works/?albumview=slideshow

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys, saw some fellow Yakkers, Scummers, Sandtroopers and what not mention ISY and I thought I'd take a look and enlist  :) Most of you already know me and my work, so I'll just start off here with my latest projects, which both happen to be Jedi of Old. And by old I mean OLD  ;)

Both are in WIP status, but I personally like seeing customs take shape. Hope you enjoy these WIP shots!

First up,  my entry for the current Yakfinities The Old Republic. It's a Jedi Master called Jool Hul. Head's from a Narnia Centaur fig, body's from a Marvel Superhero Showdown Beast. And a bunch of Fixit sculpt makes the armour and such.

The saber hiltĀ“s complete:

Second is my entry for the upcoming FFURG Casting Call Tales of the Jedi. TotJ is a series I hold very dear to my heart, most definitely my favourite story from the EU. I was pretty glad TotJ became the theme for the Casting Call, since I've been wanting to make this character for quite a while. I don't think he's been customized before, either. Anyway, I took the big leap and decided to get to work on him. It'll involve a lot of sculpting, something I really try to do well and patiently. Hope it shows, despite these two pics showing a very early WIP stage:

(click the thumbs for bigger pics)

Hope you like what I've shown so far and be sure to visit my website: Incom's Customs Center  :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 08:32:16 AM by Mr. Black »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Incom's Custom Figures
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 04:51:24 PM »
Incom! I have seen your stuff before on some of the other sites. You have a great sculpting talent, sir!
Welcome to the shipyards!!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 06:59:51 PM »
"Enjoy WIP shots"??  My good sir, here at the 'Yards, we *demand* them!  Well, ok, *I* do at least.   8)  I figure I've learned as much from studying WIP shots as anything else.  Besides, it lets me vicariously live thru the creation of a fig.  Nice stuff!!  I remember TotJ fondly - but ended up not being able to keep up with it.  *sigh*  Nice Jedi you've got started!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 11:57:13 PM »
Incom,

It's great to see a new creation from you. As I am an interior designer, detail is my thing and that's what I love about your stuff, the detail. You bring your own uniqueness to these forums and I really am a huge fan.

I will be eagerly watching this one for more images.

Jules

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 04:09:54 PM »
can't wait to see these finished.  I hope I can pick up some sculpting tips and tricks from you along the way.  Honestly I'm still pretty new at sculpting... pretty much all I've done with apoxi-sculpt has been filling holes, one set of mando armor, and the rest has been plastic surgery on several female fig's bust size! lol

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 07:50:54 PM »
Incom, your customs are starting off pretty darn good! The first one in this thread totally makes me think of those guys from the Clone Wars Microseries who were experimented on and made into big gross super-soldier things, but before all the gross mutation!

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 07:53:19 PM »
Very cool ideas, and you appear to be pulling them off quite well.
Real great work.

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 08:45:15 PM »
Very cool looking Jedi, can't wait to see him finished in all his glory!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 06:11:25 AM »
Some of you probably remember Jokabofe being the Master of WIPs   ;)  Well, he certainly lost that title, because he's churning out one superb custom after another. I guess I now hold that dubious title   ::)  A TIE Fighter dio that's been collecting dust for months, a nearly finished A-Wing that hasn't seen the light of day in ages and plenty of figures ready to be assembled, painted or otherwise altered.

Well, I thought I'd give you guys a little gallery of my current WIP figures:

First up, Jedi Master Ood Bnar, for FFURG's Casting Call #57: Tales of the Jedi. I won't make the deadline, because of several reasons, but the casting call prompted me to actually start on making a custom of one the most respected and esteemed Masters of all time:

Next is a Kel'Dor Death Star construction worker. After reading the Death Star novel, I was pretty intrigued by the labor aspect of it and the fact that not only contractors worked for the Empire, but also criminals and other law breakers. I will make eleven of these, which aren't that hard to make. As you can see, this is just a Firespeeder body with a Plo Koon head.

I'm a huge Killzone 2 fan and I thought it was time to make a second Killzone-esque character. This time it'll be a Helghast officer, using Captain Typo's body and Trachta's head (obvious choice). I've got one of those Demchemkov (or what's his name) figures from the KOTCS line. His hat will be perfect.

And last, but not least, my current entry for the Yakfniities Ladies Theme. It's loosely based on a picture I saw a long time ago on SWAG and this was perfect for the current Yakfinities. Combining the hot legs of 25th Ann. Scarlett, the tight body of Maris Brood and an old Lady Jaye head resulted in this so far:

And much like DocOutlands' excellent Twi'lek, she will have a superfast ride as well

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 06:35:50 AM »
Sweet!  Just don't let them languish, eh?  ;D

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 07:29:01 AM »
She's a babe, not too pretty, kind of girl next door with attidude. I love her....

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 07:34:56 AM »
I'm looking forward to your Ood Bnar to be completed!  I love the Jedi, especially fan fic ones!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 10:57:40 AM »
Thanks guys! Ood Bnar isn't a fan fic Jedi, though. He's a key character in the Tales of the Jedi comcis, my favourite era of the EU.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 01:07:37 PM »
I definately want the recipee for that maris brood custom....

did you dremel off the waist of the gi-joe scarelt fig and then graft on the upper torso like I've done with my super arty lando and fett figs? 

If so... AWESOME!

those are all great figs, can't wait to see em finished.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 03:38:51 PM »
Incom, you "d" man!

I want to see a colour pic of the babe please!