Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 89035 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Mandalorian)
« Reply #345 on: January 24, 2016, 01:06:18 AM »
Hey Mandalore25, what body did you use for Tyvokka? I'm guessing Qui-Gon, but the belt doesn't look right. I'm thinking about building a Tyvokka myself and that belt looks perfect. Thanks.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #346 on: January 25, 2016, 11:15:40 PM »
Love the gregor. Ive been meaning to make him but never get around to it. I really like how yours turned out. Good job!

Thanks! Found the parts at a great bargain, so I just had to make him. Wish I'd bought another, but this clone wars Boss isn't too pricey: http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-the-clone-wars-Republic-Commando-BOSS-cw11-/371498109034?hash=item567f03486a:g:x-YAAOSwgyxWXIyG
if anyone is looking to make one.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:16:13 AM by Tamer »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #347 on: January 25, 2016, 11:25:07 PM »
Hey Mandalore25, what body did you use for Tyvokka? I'm guessing Qui-Gon, but the belt doesn't look right. I'm thinking about building a Tyvokka myself and that belt looks perfect. Thanks.

Your correct Starchaser, I used Qui-Gon, and for the belt I didn't alter Qui-Gon's, but took a cut up piece of Chewbacca's shoulder strap, and slowly glued it on in sections over the existing belt. He's currently in my possession yet, if you'd like me to take some pictures of the belt.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #348 on: January 25, 2016, 11:40:05 PM »
Thanks so much! No pictures necessary, thanks, I began to wonder if it was a Chewie satchel strap after I had posted. Ingenious use of the strap to get the right look. I really appreciate the feedback.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #349 on: January 26, 2016, 07:17:25 AM »
Good ole Tunghori. I will admit I have bought a figure or two off that dude over the years. If you are gonna army build those Asian Power Sellers are the way to go. The figures aren't perfect, but they are so close its worth it.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #350 on: January 26, 2016, 01:31:33 PM »
Good ole Tunghori. I will admit I have bought a figure or two off that dude over the years. If you are gonna army build those Asian Power Sellers are the way to go. The figures aren't perfect, but they are so close its worth it.

Oh yes, those Asian power sellers are the way to go, for army building, and customizing. They've gotten me many good deals to keep business running, and then I don't necessarily need all the pieces anyway DH.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #351 on: January 26, 2016, 01:37:58 PM »
Thanks so much! No pictures necessary, thanks, I began to wonder if it was a Chewie satchel strap after I had posted. Ingenious use of the strap to get the right look. I really appreciate the feedback.

It's cool, if you ever need anything else, your always welcome to ask.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #352 on: January 27, 2016, 09:56:44 AM »
Had to post a news story based on your post:

Good ole Tunghori still delivering great prices...

I was reminded by Mandalore25 this past week that Asian Power Seller Tunghori, the guy who started it all with the Asian eBay Power Sellers, was still delivering great prices,

"Found the parts at a great bargain, so I just had to make him. Wish I'd bought another, but this Clone Wars Boss isn't too pricey: http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-the-clone-wars-Republic-Commando-BOSS-cw11-/371498109034?hash=item567f03486a:g:x-YAAOSwgyxWXIyG
if anyone is looking to make one."

Looks like 93 of them have sold so far. Think it would be a good idea to re-release this guy Hasbro? Duh uh! Matter of fact, Tunghori has a ton of great Vintage, TFA, and Black Series items up for grabs at great prices. Click here to go see over 5 pages worth of great priced items. It makes me miss the vintage line so much!

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #353 on: January 27, 2016, 12:08:30 PM »
Thanks Tamer, I'm always glad to help out, and I have a few more products I'd like to share once I get the time to explore them, though it also needs to warm up a bit here in MN before I do any spray painting with that dye I ordered, last time I wanted to test it, it was 0 degrees in my garage.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #354 on: January 28, 2016, 03:21:24 AM »
I hear you, its like 18 degrees out this morning. Work drive ought to be like a slip and slide.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #355 on: February 09, 2016, 04:36:52 AM »
Have two figures today, one is a Male Togruta jedi, and the other, another Celeste Morne.

Sculpt this head, just like the other a few weeks ago, was inspired by the many ways their head tails could sit. Like the color scheme too, bounced around a number of ideas, but like this one, kind of camouflage like.

If anyone is interested, he's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Male-Togruta-Jedi-KOTOR-ahsoka-sith-mandalorian-clone-darth-EU-/351649880248?hash=item51dff758b8%3Ag%3AdOQAAOSwKtVWub2k

This was supposed to be an order, but it's been weeks since I finished her, and no response from my client, so she is up for grabs. She's not as great as the last one I did, but she was designed on a lower budget than that one, so had to cut some things out, and work with less parts.

If anyone is interested, she's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Vector-Celeste-Morne-3-75in-figure-sith-mandalorian-jedi-EU-/351649906166?hash=item51dff7bdf6%3Ag%3AgjkAAOSwB4NWub99
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:28:49 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Togruta and Celeste)
« Reply #356 on: February 10, 2016, 03:31:01 AM »
Time to get both of these, and a shout out to your auctions on the pages. Nice update.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Togruta and Celeste)
« Reply #357 on: February 10, 2016, 07:23:18 PM »
Thanks Tamer, I have another already. So the plan was to eventually make an Asari Jedi, but IABF beat me to the punch, not to say I don't still have one planned  ;) but when he made his Asari jedi the conversation opened, and Tamer came up with the Asari Mandalorian crossover, so I had to make one. Normally I'm a bit disgusted with using rare, highly sought after figures for customizing, but I came across a Chinese seller with Isabet Reau figures missing a lower arm, head, and foot for cheap, so I bought 4.  ;D It was time to put this Asari Mandalorian together! To my surprise, the Isabet figures all came with heads, so I cut her braids off (might come in handy later), then shaved her hair off, making sure it was all flat to her head, though next time i'm thinking to shave a little more off, for the sculpt looks a bit bulky. She comes with two heads, one helmeted, the other not, I've always preferred this for then the helmet isn't too big over the head, or crazy tight on the face that the nose distorts the helm. On the helmeted head, I sculpt it longer off the top in the back, but also enlarged the hole back of the helmet. The jetpack is a cast made by me, finally did one, just because so many Mandalorian figures I get at great prices, don't come with a jetpack, and it's designed to be flush against her back, with a magnet holding it on. The blasters I made, and painted to look like hybrids between the two universes. To represent her biotic powers, I made the blue energy on her hands, this can be done for any figure, in a removable or non-removable way. So I'm working on a 6in Demise figure (the final bad guy in Skyward Sword), but was stumped on how to do his hair of fire, until the idea of hot glue hit me. My original plan was to use orange stick in the glue gun, but living in the age we do, I looked up to see if anyone else had tried this. I found a lovely tutorial on how to make any energy for custom figures, by either applying the hot glue directly to the figure for permanent, or covering it with tin foil for the non permanent, then either way painting it with clear paints for the desired energy color.

If anyone is interested in her, she's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Mass-Effect-Crossover-Asari-Mandalorian-3-75in-figure-jedi-sith-/351651266161?hash=item51e00c7e71:g:rUEAAOSwPc9Wu9tV

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:38:48 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Asari Mandalorian)
« Reply #358 on: February 11, 2016, 03:43:48 AM »
Yepper, good idea. I like her. Off to share.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Asari Mandalorian)
« Reply #359 on: February 24, 2016, 10:34:22 AM »
Got a few things to share today, first is this requested ARC Trooper Fives. Not to special being just a repaint, where he sent his figure to me for modification, but I think he turned out quite well.

Next I made another Visas Marr from a Luminara Unduli, and if anyone is interested she's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Visas-Marr-3-75in-figure-jedi-sith-mandalorian-darth-nihilus-EU-/351661518306?hash=item51e0a8ede2%3Ag%3At7EAAOSwuAVWza-7

Last I have a WIP of Vergere, finished sculpting the head, and I'm really excited to get some paint on her.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:39:55 AM by Tamer »