Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 88970 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Rodian Jedi)
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2015, 07:38:39 AM »
Really cool stuff. I like the Jedi collection. The padawan haircut on the Rodian is a nice touch.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2015, 11:25:56 AM »
The Rodian Jedi looks great. I like the developing back story for his character also. Keep up the great work.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2015, 01:06:56 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm glad my "Jedi Overload" is appreciated.  I can't find a better canvas than an action figure where I get to sculpt, paint, sew, and a variety of other things in which to solve problems. I love puzzles, and writing, so back stories come naturally when I work with one long enough.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2015, 08:23:07 PM »
As much as I'd like to add to my "Jedi Overload" (thanks Tamer, I found that quite amusing), I have a sith I named Darth Mavros. I see him as more of an Inquisitor or sorcerer sort of sith, and had I a holocron, I think it would have added to his look.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Sith)
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2015, 03:39:42 AM »
Ah yes, I doubt I would win awards with my creative writing. I like seeing all the activity here. Back to the front page with your Sith.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2015, 01:33:09 PM »
This is a great concept, I really like the figure. I particularly like the use of the non-Star Wars head.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2015, 01:07:59 AM »
Back with another sith, this one named Darth Theos. While making him, he always looked somewhere between an assassin and a warrior. Personally I never decided which, but I also never saw why he could't be both, and with his build, who'd argue with him?

If anybody is interested, here's a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Sith-Darth-Theos-sidious-revan-jedi-mandalorian-EU-/351304364222?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cb5f30be
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:52:25 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Darth Theos)
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2015, 03:57:10 AM »
Looks good on the front page. Interesting soft goods on this one.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Darth Theos)
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2015, 10:23:26 PM »
This figure is one I think Hasbro really ruined, Darth Malak. So for anyone who's played Knights of the Old Republic (great game, I highly recommend it for those who haven't, and even though it's going to be 12 years old, it stands the test o time), Malak is clearly a hole head taller than Revan, but the Hasbro figures have Reven a bit taller than Malak!?! I wasn't happy when I got them and put them side by side, what was Hasbro thinking? So a while back I bought 3 cheep Drax figures with a plan for each, but I forgot what I was going to do with the third. Luckily I thought of fixing Hasbro's mistake, and am quite pleased with it so far. I used some clay to smooth out his front, and ground away a lot of the excess muscle considering that Malak is more a tall and lanky sort. I like the angy expression as well in comparison to Hasbro Malak's blank stare. The only thing I'm not overly fond of is that Drax's head is a bit stout compared to Malak's, but I might be able to fix that with a bit of clay.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Darth Malak)
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2015, 11:09:01 PM »
Interesting - I've not played Knights - I'll be interested to see how the figure turns out. Very promising beginning.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Darth Malak)
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2015, 04:03:50 PM »
Back with a jedi this time, I see him as one of the jedi that lost themselves to the clone wars. As the line between light and dark blurs he's no stranger to embracing either side, anything if it means winning the war.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (clone wars jedi)
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2015, 07:01:33 AM »
Nice, off to share.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (clone wars jedi)
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2015, 02:20:52 AM »
I'm excited to show off the orange shoto I made. I've wanting to make the more interesting lightsaber colors for a while now, but long molds aren't easy to cast, and that's why it's a shoto. It was supposed to be full length but the resin didn't make it all the way in the mold. On the clone wars era Zeltron jedi, I tried to pack it with detail, I even darkened and blackened parts of the robe with sharpie brushes. The shoto was a last min addition simply for the blade didn't turned out as planned, but I made the most of it by putting 1mm by 1mm magnets in the blade and hilt to make it come apart very effectively. There are more pics on ebay and Facebook if you'd like to see more.

If your interested, here's a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Clone-Wars-Zeltron-Jedi-w-Orange-Shoto-sith-mandalorian-darth-/351315456022?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cc087016
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:11:51 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Zeltron Jedi)
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2015, 07:17:06 AM »
Nice, off to share.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Zeltron Jedi)
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2015, 03:48:25 AM »
I've got a Mon Calamari finished with a double sided blue lightsaber. The base body is a bit of a favorite of mine, it just reminds me of a more ancient jedi look. Though it looks more like a first great schism kind of look I still chose to give him a lightsaber rather than a sword. Thinking about buying some thin black cord similar to what I make lightwhips out of, to make the old lightsaber look where the hilt connects to a power pack on the belt.

If you interested in him, here's a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Old-Republic-Mon-Calamari-Jedi-ackbar-sith-mandalorian-darth-/351316406626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cc16f162
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:21:48 AM by Tamer »